Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders as a faction are motivated principally by the desire to draw closer to the Red God? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1072 times)

Gymir Asaadan

• Clonejack
Greetings!
« on: 20 Apr 2012, 08:42 »

And I wrote this so much better yesterday! But then I forgot to hit "post" and closed my browser window... it's a fate of at least 1 in 10 good posts.

On to business, First, off, as I have already stated, I am an alt, but I will not be a troll, more that I will use this persona as my primary means of communication for this endeavor. I suppose subterfuge suits this idea well, so I will enjoy that until otherwise revealed.

I've been playing Eve on and off for since late 2005ish, I started as most people do, going directly into a nullsec corp and fighting in some (for the time) major wars. From there I followed the next natural progression, returning to highsec to run level 4 missions, mine, and do care-beary things.  Some might call this reverse progression; Well that as well as some unfortunate corp decisions drove me back into the pvp side of the house in pretty short order.

I was always too big of a softie (then) to just start pirating in the corps I was in, so in the middle of the night I left one side of space (down by provi) and moved all the way over to the other side of the galaxy and joined up with what was, for the time, a fairly well known pirate organization based out of Villirier (if I spelt that right.) in Placid. Times were great, up until Outbreak showed up to shut us down in a fairly rough manner.

I found the most fun in my time in eve flying with these guys, we flew down the pipe to camp 0.0 entry systems, roamed around and killed things at will, and it gave me ample time to fly around in my shit fit wolves, Ruptures, Cyclones and Typhoons. By the time I was done there I had narrowed down my focus in the game to all pvp. Since then I have done pretty much everything the PvP side of the house has to offer, from huge sov fights for systems all the way down to solo. But still I found myself wishing for that pirate corp, long since disbanded.

My main floated around a bit and I tried a bit of everything, from highsec mercing to WH and eventually settled back to smallish gang PvP. Somewhere around there I started getting interested in and doing more RP. Recently culminating in the startling discovery....

That I didn't want to do this endeavor with my main as I am much to attached to my current alliance. AND SO an alt got it's wings.

I don't yet feel particularly strongly about developing Gymir as a RPer just yet, instead I want to develop those things around him, like corp etc, before trying to make his backstory. For once I plan to try to integrate Gymir into the eve landscape a bit better, and so I came here, in hopes of getting good suggestions and feedback that will allow me to create the exo-pirate I always wanted to be.

Thanks for your time reading this, and I will see you in text or in space soon!  Even though I am obsessed with the cube emote, I will go with this one instead. :brilliant:
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
-Buddha

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2012, 08:48 »

Well hello there! Always good to meet another vet!

Drunk, drug, and self-defense weapon of choice?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Gymir Asaadan

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2012, 09:28 »

Weapons first: I like a gun in one hand and a knife in the other.

Nothing says you mean business like two-fisting weapons.
Although this is years in the future so this has to have happened by then

And no, that's not me, but gotta give props to Baker there, nice weapon.
Drug : I'd like some blue pill please, it seems to make some nice delusions!

Drink : Nothing goes down smoother than a pint of Jamison on a Friday night.
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
-Buddha

Jev North

« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2012, 12:06 »

Shield tanker?

Hi, Gyms. Welcome. The safe word is "banana."

Publius Valerius

« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2012, 14:20 »

Hi and welcome....
What you want pharmaceutical drugs or street drugs?...

Everything has a plus and a minus. You pharmaceutical drugs are always good, because you can rely on the quality... but... A huge but: You can only really do street-blow from hooker  :P

So what should be?

A.) Dr. Arbuckle's Suspension of Cocaine in Tincture of Cocaine

B.) Oldy but goody, Drugs and party... wupp, wupp