Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Silphy enDiabel of the Syndicate used to be one of the Sisters of EVE? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PISA*  (Read 2710 times)

Malcolm Khross

Re: PISA*
« Reply #15 on: 30 May 2012, 09:40 »

Oh, I absolutely agree Nmaro, which is why I said that this sort of thing is nice once-in-a-while to help do things other than the usual "let's blow each other up" and a fun way to work with people normally considered your enemy.

It's not something you'll do all the time, but it's definitely nice here and there.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #16 on: 30 May 2012, 09:55 »

The only downside to the 'Actually Wardec' people angle is that the current war system almost throws that away.  If we wardec someone, for instance, we are hated enough that not only will people sign on for that persons defense, but they will try to stomp our faces in with overwhelming numbers.  Sadly, not hard to do.

Still, if you wanted to wardec us, we are open to the possibility!
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 30 May 2012, 10:01 »

I dont know, we almost exclusively shoot at RPers (and the pirates who infest the low-sec we have co-opted!).

The Toaster makes a profound statement, which can help any RPer out there!  You dont have to have RP wars with just other RPers.  Some of the most fun ive had RPing has been in wars and conflicts against non-RP alliances and corps. 

Were they roleplaying per se?  No, but who cares?  They were pirating in the Republic, or some such, and thus their actions had real RP consequences, and an RP response. 

There's a whole world out there in EVE, filled with people looking to shoot at your character.  Just because they dont ramble on the IGS doesnt mean they cant be a fine enemy for an RP corp or alliance.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 30 May 2012, 12:06 »

A good compromise I've had over the years is to OOC hash our some 'broad strokes' like a reason for conflict and some collaborated 'setup' of an event or drama, and then afterwords stay as IC as possible and let the chips fall where they may. Eliminates a lot of issues, and OOC can be used as needed if one side takes too much of a beating.

Another useful method is to provide some ooc 'give and take' for plotting, in that one side gives up some IC freebies to the opponents for good PR and they agree to do a few similar things.

I'd also strongly suggest lowsec as a very useful tool for all of this in space in lieu of actual wardecs. You can shoot people freely and losing a few ships back and forth only helps things out plot wise.

I run into plenty of RPers in lowsec and it's usually been pretty good.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #19 on: 30 May 2012, 13:04 »

Maybe I've misunderstood the new system, but the ally thing only comes into place if the defender requests assistance, and even then they have to accept the offers of help, right? That could lead to interesting loosely-joined alliances where some groups don't create an actual alliance IG but have mutual defense pacts, whether the aggressors are roleplayers or not.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #20 on: 30 May 2012, 13:12 »

As one of the no-show villains I gotta say I feel really bad now for not coming out, especially since it sounds like the participants had a blast.

Cost of potential loss was not a big problem for me, I'll happily put a ship on the line for something like this. Unfortunately my week did get a bit busy and this got pushed to the back of my mind, temporarily moved my combat toon to 0.0, and I had no idea when things were actually occurring (which may have been noone's fault but my own anyway.) So oops and sorry. :(

Lots of good discussion in here for player-run stuff anyway, let's see some more developments like this one in the near future :)

And yes, that's the gist of the ally system Cas.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #21 on: 30 May 2012, 13:30 »

Were the Seekers going to be some of the bad guys?

Cause oh god, I dont think we would have done well if that had been the case.  You guys know what you are doing, and I am some schlub who only recently got out of a hulk.

:oops:
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #22 on: 30 May 2012, 13:47 »

Were the Seekers going to be some of the bad guys?

Cause oh god, I dont think we would have done well if that had been the case.  You guys know what you are doing, and I am some schlub who only recently got out of a hulk.

:oops:

Would be a fair fight if you could get I-RED involved at the same time. We know what we're doing too. :D

Speaking of: both me and Simca were completely unable to attend because of OOC nullsec fleet responsibilities the night before. We still had a jumpclone timer. This is actually fairly frequent, so anything involving I-RED sorta needs some sort of warning or we simply can't attend fully half the time.

Yes, I was very mad I couldn't attend. I was pissed, because in-space RP is my absolute freaking FAVORITE, and I was prevented from attending.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2012, 13:48 by Katrina Oniseki »

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #23 on: 30 May 2012, 13:57 »

Just myself was the idea, which is far less scary for the heroes when the cultist badguy is outnumbered :X

But it still would have been opposition, and fun for all, and I'm sorry none of the other badguys showed for whatever reasons.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #24 on: 30 May 2012, 14:22 »

Yeah.  Leopold had some people ready to go apparently, but we took too long getting organized and some of them got bored apparently...  We really didnt have a choice, because people who were wanting to get involved kept coming online, and then we had to wait for them to travel over from the whole universe.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #25 on: 31 May 2012, 22:17 »

Yeah.  Leopold had some people ready to go apparently, but we took too long getting organized and some of them got bored apparently...  We really didnt have a choice, because people who were wanting to get involved kept coming online, and then we had to wait for them to travel over from the whole universe.

I think maybe that is where the OOC setup of the event might be best utilized if these events happen in the future. Letting everyone know ahead of time where to meet up so they can go ahead and get in position or at least get close would be good. As Kat mentioned we had JC timers so I knew I couldn't participate and didnt pay attention if such things were actually done. Also really sorry I missed it.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon
Pages: 1 [2]