Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ishukone corporation is one of the major players in the 'liberal' faction and was the first non-Jovian organization to receive capsule technology from the Jovians?

Author Topic: Re: Acceptable Posting  (Read 1024 times)

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
Re: Acceptable Posting
« on: 05 Nov 2013, 13:42 »

I would respectfully ask you not to turn my post into some kind of advocate of what Slaver Filth did, or a strawman to explain your position.
That's asking a bit much of this community, don't you think?

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
Re: Re: Acceptable Posting
« Reply #1 on: 05 Nov 2013, 13:57 »

Your post implies that you think I was overreacting to his posts. (I happen to disagree.)
You were overreacting.

I've been subjected to just about every kind of abuse - IC, OOC masquerading as IC and plain old OOC - that it's possible for someone of my particular combination of labels to be subjected to. You probably weren't even roleplaying back in the days of Arelius Sarum (go look him up if you wish) decided that he was going to use the aegis of "this is all IC, honest!" to launch a frankly sickening homophobic tirade at both me and homosexuals in general, which persisted over the course of many threads. I've been told that "gays are useful only as an easily-exploitable commercial demographic." I've been told I don't "qualify as a human being." I've been called names like "sperg" and "full-blown sociopath" by members of this forum, whose posts, I should remark, went mysteriously unmoderated.

In most cases where this has happened, I politely asked the people saying these things to stop saying them before resorting to calling the moderators for help.

If I can deal with it, you really should be able to do the same.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #2 on: 05 Nov 2013, 14:12 »

(User edit: Mocking isn't constructive, sry)
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2013, 14:15 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 05 Nov 2013, 14:15 »

Let me show you the shelves where I accomodate the amount of surprise at you being the first person to respond to that post:

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #4 on: 05 Nov 2013, 14:16 »

Well, stop posting in my timezone!

It's Mine.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 05 Nov 2013, 14:19 »

I had a much better response than this planned but I'm too busy laughing at the google image search results for "wow it's fucking nothing."

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #6 on: 05 Nov 2013, 14:33 »

[mod]Flamebait. Off topic. HTFU. Raise the tone and read the rules.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2013, 14:42 by Jekaterine »
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban