Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Art; uniforms or otherwise!  (Read 43558 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Art; uniforms or otherwise!
« Reply #105 on: 08 Oct 2012, 02:32 »

BTW, I did not know the Minmatar used Galactic Basic (from Star Wars) as a written language.

uhhh... they don't  :s

It was a joke, Verone ;)

The writings in Ava's picture reminded me of it, and I shared a table of the symbols to show why.

Obviously, they don't use the language, if that was written anywhere official you would soon hear the lock-step boots of the Lukasarts lawyer army marching into CCP's HQ.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #106 on: 08 Oct 2012, 07:56 »

BTW, I did not know the Minmatar used Galactic Basic (from Star Wars) as a written language.

uhhh... they don't  :s

There are a lot of minmatar out there Verone - if people want to run with this, why not let them?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #107 on: 08 Oct 2012, 08:01 »

Could always use a derivation of Standard Galactic like minecraft and some other games do.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
« Reply #108 on: 08 Oct 2012, 08:21 »

Per corpmate's demand, after we talked about what would the Angel ground troops we RP around with on the surface of Akila II look like in flesh. Just a quick draft on a bus ride today, might make a larger and more detailed one later:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #109 on: 08 Oct 2012, 09:30 »

Per corpmate's demand, after we talked about what would the Angel ground troops we RP around with on the surface of Akila II look like in flesh. Just a quick draft on a bus ride today, might make a larger and more detailed one later:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

evelyn_anna

« Reply #110 on: 11 Mar 2013, 17:37 »

(post omitted)
« Last Edit: 30 May 2013, 15:33 by evelyn_anna »

Lucius_Vindictus

• Clonejack
« Reply #111 on: 12 Mar 2013, 05:56 »

Wow, this thread is great! I love your drawings, Ava! I have seen them around in the profiles of players who are proudly showing them off. It figures that there is a lot more material I hadn't seen yet  :)

And Evelyn, I like your style and imagination. You nail everything down to the small details.

I'm not in the same league as the artists here who make their own work. What I do is what i call: "photofrankenstein" where I merge different parts of random images I find online or from screenshots in the game. The only things I need to draw myself are some missing details. I then rescale, recolor, shift and rotate until it all fits. Sadly I lack the time to learn to properly draw by myself, so I rarely draw anything from scratch. So most of the time I am limited by the composition of the main image I chose to work with. So the result looks a little out of place in EVE. But it is useful in my attempts to convey a story. Like the following image that I made for my former CEO at the Khanid Trade Syndicate.

The image was the graphic illustration to a story i wrote about an "infomorph collective" (OOC: a slew of alts).

It is good enough for my RP stories and forum posts, etc. But I can't truly publish any of it and claim it to be completely my own work, though.
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2013, 07:22 by Lucius_Vindictus »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #112 on: 13 Mar 2013, 18:19 »

Some fricking good works here! Almost makes me want to create some. Perhaps I'll do so some day.
So far, the only EVE related visual art I did was IC, an abstract painting relating to the Sani Sabik, titled "Let It Flow", IIRC:

Ché promised a certain lady he would make another version of this one, but he's taking his time.

Also, Ava, some constructive critisism: Practice at creating more diversity in your faces, the khanid lady looks a lot like Ava. Oh, and I loved the kid in the first drawing you posted as well.
And uhm...mind if I "finish" your last drawing? :P ;)
-OOChé

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #113 on: 14 Mar 2013, 08:24 »

@Evelyn: LOVE this picture! I also appreciate the nod to Tron, very classy!

@Lucius: I still don't get how you can mash all these things together and come out with something that looks as good as your graphics do, there's an art unto that itself I think.

@Che: I don't get most art, but I do like the look of this one, and it seems rather symbolic of the growing Sani Sabik plague infesting the cluster :)
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #114 on: 15 Mar 2013, 14:59 »

Looky what a friend colored for me!

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #115 on: 15 Mar 2013, 15:00 »

Also, Ava, some constructive critisism: Practice at creating more diversity in your faces, the khanid lady looks a lot like Ava. Oh, and I loved the kid in the first drawing you posted as well.
And uhm...mind if I "finish" your last drawing? :P ;)

No worries. I try to do a bit of diversity. Harder than it sounds. I'll be more conscious of it.

And I dont mind if you play with any of my art if you wish.

Ava

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #116 on: 15 Mar 2013, 20:37 »

I did not see a new art thread anywhere... but it's my favorite thing and there needs to me more.  And since it's not really a discussion so much as a collection, I thought I'd just post here. I hope that is okay.

I think it's Evelyn on some Caldari station wearing a Tron prom dress. Or something.

or slightly larger - http://i.imgur.com/jmYCCfH.jpg

I really like this pic!  Who did it?

Also, bonus points for Cloud Ring.

evelyn_anna

« Reply #117 on: 19 Mar 2013, 01:09 »

(post omitted)
« Last Edit: 30 May 2013, 15:34 by evelyn_anna »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #118 on: 19 Mar 2013, 09:49 »

Oh wow. Evelyn, these are great. I love the DUST bunnie.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #119 on: 19 Mar 2013, 10:11 »

Nice tea party! This piece shows the grim New Eden universe with a bit of twisted humor. Very appropriate!
Disturbingly, I suspect at least a few capsuleers are having similar parties.
-OOChé
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12