Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Boosters are banned because they cause a deadly, incurable brain disease?  Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Midular Dead  (Read 7129 times)

Darius Shakor

• Clonejack
Re: Midular Dead
« Reply #15 on: 07 May 2013, 11:07 »

The real question is: Is Ushra'Khan going to ante up and pay the shooter that 1 ISK bounty?

Hard to pay a bounty to someone who has been hidden away by the Gallente. :p

As for the whole 'cloning/backup' thing etc. I remember talking about this with people at the FF too and I took this view.

Can both not exist in the world of EVE? Of course they can. Because a thing exists, does not mean it becomes a rule.

OK we all have to accept that Sarum was Deus Ex'd into the story line... so I guess that can be done. It is EVE cannon like it or not. It does not mean Midular has the same available to her. Nor does it mean that it is suddenly impossible given that she is apparently not able to be cloned either, and that this is some kind of retcon or oversight on CCP's behalf.

Imagine this. Midular was asked a long time ago if she wants a backup scan doing regular, and a clone making in case of accidents. She refuses for her own reasons. And there is little wrong with this from a storyline point of view.

End result is this, though. She is dead, she has no clone waiting for her. The next person likely will have because they chose it. There is room for both to exist in the story because the characters still have choice. ;)
Retired freedom fighter. Founder of the Second Shakor Clan [-2SC-]
Currently playing as Denaton Koudo these days. Drawn to the blinking Caldari lights. Ooooooo.....

Twitter me @DShakor

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 07 May 2013, 11:16 »

Yup, I've got no problem with her refusing a clone for spiritual or religious or perhaps due to some genetic issue.

Handwavium to remove PF people also fine.

Just gets messy sometimes when we look at other parts of lore that would solve the problems, etc.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #17 on: 07 May 2013, 11:35 »

Of the characters eaten away by TEA, Karin Midular was perhaps among my top list of preferred characters. I could be wrong for doing so, since I am only tangentially familiar with her character story. Still, bro-tier potential.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #18 on: 07 May 2013, 11:39 »

IIRC, to make a clone would be no problem. The problem is the mind transfer, because it requires the person being scanned to die. So, if they did a clone and scanned her before, then she could theoretically be updated from the backup copy, maybe a few months ago. If they kept a copy, which is a gray area.

Sarum could be cloned (not counting the "external interference") because she died in a ship pod, thus used the pod technology for it. Which is not the case for Midular. And if Midular was scanned after the shot, with half her brain out and all the rest, I don't think that what would come out of the clone booth would work too well.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #19 on: 07 May 2013, 11:53 »

inb4 Gal/Min skirmish. Ugh...  :|

As if this wouldn't be awesome?!

Things are getting shaken up and I like that.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 07 May 2013, 11:58 »

Ah, well. Lot of people saw it coming, unfortunately...

Pity, as I rather liked Midular as well.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 07 May 2013, 12:02 »

I enjoyed accusing people of being cowardly Midularists while in U’K. I suppose that will be frowned upon now.

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #22 on: 07 May 2013, 12:26 »

Too bad for the Minnies then. The blind will continue to be led by the blind. :P

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 07 May 2013, 12:27 »

Too bad for the Minnies then. The blind will continue to be led by the blind. :P

BOOYAKASHA

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #24 on: 07 May 2013, 12:30 »

You are bad, and should feel bad. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #25 on: 07 May 2013, 12:43 »

Yup, but he's right in both senses of his words. :D

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #26 on: 07 May 2013, 12:43 »

Yup, but he's right in both senses of his words. :D

And I would never imply otherwise! :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #27 on: 07 May 2013, 12:44 »

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/karin-midular-has-died/

https://twitter.com/EVE_LiveEvents/status/331779659207421952

Republic is going to try and cross the border AGAIN. This time I can join the event!

*gets Scorpion*

Lyn Farel

« Reply #28 on: 07 May 2013, 16:45 »

Yay, instead of killing the badly constructed characters like Jamyl, let's kill the good, well flesh out ones. Makes sense.

I am eager to see the next Voluval debate. "Your Voluval is shit, Midular was proof of how irrelevant it is" :trololo:

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 07 May 2013, 18:51 »

Yay, instead of killing the badly constructed characters like Jamyl, let's kill the good, well flesh out ones. Makes sense.

I am eager to see the next Voluval debate. "Your Voluval is shit, Midular was proof of how irrelevant it is" :trololo:

Pretty much this. My favorite character by far. Pretty aggravated and upset at this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7