Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Grown on a terrestrial world in the Harroule system, the Dryweed plant has fragile, yellowish leaves that burn very slowly, giving off a pleasant vapor that is known to have a soothing effect when inhaled.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Getting into the Pod  (Read 5647 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Getting into the Pod
« Reply #15 on: 09 Apr 2013, 11:38 »

Use much handwavium for 'real time' ship / boarding / docking things.

You all don't really think you can get from your captain's quarters to your pod, pod to your ship, powered up, ordinance loaded, clearance to unmoor, coast through kilometers of interior station at a crawl, clear to undock, and out into space in 15 seconds do you?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 09 Apr 2013, 11:45 »

Silas' pod experience is a combination between Tony Stark's apparatus and a few acolytes waiting in attendance on standby with clothing/things.

Particularly the imagery from towards the end of Avengers when Stark lands at his tower and effortlessly walks along a path while machinery is busy working on him, removing equipment, etc.  I really like the gracefulness of that whole process. From integrated infomorph to Martini in no time flat!

More of that sort of thing for 'entering' the pod.

More of a waiting number of attendants for 'exiting' the pod to help with cleaning, dressing, and any immediate needs.

Anslol

« Reply #17 on: 09 Apr 2013, 11:51 »

But what about the goo and coughing bits like in the video I posted? It looks like it's not...so elegant? But then again implants and biomods to better your constitution to allow a seamless transition could help I suppose.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 09 Apr 2013, 11:54 »

But what about the goo and coughing bits like in the video I posted? It looks like it's not...so elegant? But then again implants and biomods to better your constitution to allow a seamless transition could help I suppose.

Getting out not so elegant, hence the attendants to make it as much so as possible.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #19 on: 09 Apr 2013, 12:04 »

Attendants optional. Shin is far too paranoid to allow employees to see her in that state.

As far as quick ship changes, I've always assumed they yank your pod out of one ship and jam it into the other, similar to how you change ships at a POS.

Anslol

« Reply #20 on: 09 Apr 2013, 12:06 »

Attendants optional. Shin is far too paranoid to allow employees to see her in that state.

As far as quick ship changes, I've always assumed they yank your pod out of one ship and jam it into the other, similar to how you change ships at a POS.

Actually this makes a lot more sense than having multiple pods for different ships.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #21 on: 09 Apr 2013, 12:13 »

I'm genuinely surprised anyone assumed that it was any other way. o.O

Outside of ships that are fitted with CCGs, it's always seemed obvious that getting into your capsule was a separate step before any ships get involved. You have one capsule (presumably per-clone, so JCs have their own - wouldn't make sense to be able to jump from one station to another otherwise) that gets shoved into a corresponding slot in each ship you own when you make it active. Otherwise your hangar would fill up with extra capsules! (Which, amusingly enough, sometimes happens due to bugs; one of my alts has a spare pod that can be carried around.)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #22 on: 09 Apr 2013, 13:24 »

Getting out not so elegant, hence the attendants to make it as much so as possible.

Attendants ? I can already imagine Lyn shivering at such a thought. "Eeew, no way, that's gross and definitly embarassing."

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 09 Apr 2013, 13:31 »

Attendants ? I can already imagine Lyn shivering at such a thought. "Eeew, no way, that's gross and definitly embarassing."

Farel needs more baseliner worshipers, obviously ;)

No point in being the head of a power cult if you can't have minions :P

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 09 Apr 2013, 13:37 »

Blind slaves. Nothing to be embarrassed about, and if they take liberties, just through them off the capsule gantry. Besides, it's not like in Amarr stations there are statues of old men watching you climb out of the pod...

Lyn Farel

« Reply #25 on: 09 Apr 2013, 13:48 »

Farel needs more baseliner worshipers, obviously ;)

No point in being the head of a power cult if you can't have minions :P

She actually has a lot of worshipers. They worship her mystery.

But I wouldn't want to derail the thread ever more.

Blind slaves. Nothing to be embarrassed about, and if they take liberties, just through them off the capsule gantry. Besides, it's not like in Amarr stations there are statues of old men watching you climb out of the pod...

These creepy old men @_@

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #26 on: 09 Apr 2013, 13:51 »

The eyes are totally cameras.

Scotty needs something to occupy his/her time between session changes!
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #27 on: 09 Apr 2013, 15:19 »

I'm going a lot by that vid that was posted (better version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNWWxD-q-bg ). My thoughts: you are raised into the pod, and you are automaticly connected to it as the oxygen-rich fluid flows in. Just before the liquid reaches your mouth, you're body is "put to sleep" and controlled by the pod's systems. This includes slowing down or even stopping most biological processes (like digestion). Oxygen use is also decreased by having the pod provide some of the energy required for essential processes (like brain functions), further decreasing oxygen requirements.

I usually RP some time (~3-10 minutes)between getting in/out of pod and social appearances, although I sometimes use handwavium (to the point of not even having docked or reached the system yet) as IC social interactions take a lot longer than IRL, and handwavium compensates for that.

Side note: I consider most tranfers of pod and cargo and the like to be done with more advanced versions of Star Trek transporters. I think it's makes the most sense, immersion wise, for near instantanious transfer of goods across hundreds of meters.

P.S. There was a CCP made video that captured the mood of getting out of pod, using scenes from films like The Matrix. I think it was shown at one of the Fanfests. Does anyone know where to find it :?:
-OOChé

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: 09 Apr 2013, 16:05 »

Transporters do not work in the world of New Eden.

The Jovian body part event was about a prototype that clearly did not function.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #29 on: 09 Apr 2013, 17:39 »

I'm guessing theres no fast entry way? to icly explain all those "GET YOUR FUCKING DREADS ON RIGHT FUCKING NOW" quick account changes? :p
With right hand you grab your clothes on your chest and tear them apart and throw away, while holding balcony peril with left hand, you jump over and fall right into capsule that is starting to fill with liquid. After you hit it, capsule starts accelerating movement towards your dread, lids closes, wires and caterers find your body and violently attaches themselves. Capsule enters the dread while completing filling with liquid. With final connection to the ship, it undocks.

Results

* One set of destroyed clothes
* Two broken ribs
* Leg dislocation
* Throat laceration

Conclusion

* Capsule operation permission granted
* After-flight medical treatment prescribed

(joke  :P)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4