Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Caldari Navy/SuVee event  (Read 4699 times)

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
Re: Caldari Navy/SuVee event
« Reply #15 on: 03 Apr 2013, 15:06 »

The good guys won, with minor casualties. The bad guys perished to a man.

It's a pretty good day to be a gangsta. And if gangsta's can have good days, then why can't Caldari Loyalists? There is such a thing as being TOO grimdark.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 03 Apr 2013, 18:29 »

And if gangsta's can have good days, then why can't Caldari Loyalists? There is such a thing as being TOO grimdark.

I got a good chuckle out of this.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #17 on: 03 Apr 2013, 18:37 »

There is such a thing as being TOO grimdark.

I've been thinking about this for the last few days. They way the story is going, it seems as if it is heading back towards peace. The whole CP as a DMZ things seems as if it will resolve some elements of the Cal-Gal conflict, as that seemed to be the elephant in the room. Will CCP actually allow one of the storylines to resolve peacefully? Or will there be a bitter, Malkalen-style twist?

Vikarion

« Reply #18 on: 03 Apr 2013, 18:52 »

I've been thinking about this for the last few days. They way the story is going, it seems as if it is heading back towards peace. The whole CP as a DMZ things seems as if it will resolve some elements of the Cal-Gal conflict, as that seemed to be the elephant in the room. Will CCP actually allow one of the storylines to resolve peacefully? Or will there be a bitter, Malkalen-style twist?

No one will cry if CCP ends FW between the Fed and State.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #19 on: 03 Apr 2013, 19:10 »

The PVP hungry masses in the FEDEF will.

Then they will join the Minmatar.

Then I guess we know who might be crying.

That aside, I seriously don't see FW between Fed and State ending anytime soon, but that brings up the question, what do the Caldari have left to fight for now?

EVE being the shitty place to live in that it is, I expect the previously mentioned grimdark hitting the fan and getting spread out everywhere to happen sooner or later.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 03 Apr 2013, 19:32 »

That aside, I seriously don't see FW between Fed and State ending anytime soon, but that brings up the question, what do the Caldari have left to fight for now?

I think it is possible to reframe the war, but the Heth storyline makes it a challenge.

The war could have been triggered by the revelation that there were Caldari colonies in Black Rise, an area of space the Federation attempted to explore during the War of Secession and may even have laid claim to.   But that would change who the aggressor is in the conflict.

So, control of Black Rise for one and then wider access to the resources of Placid.  But that makes it a classic, non-ideological war.  It becomes a clear war about the bottom line and taxes.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #21 on: 04 Apr 2013, 01:17 »

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 04 Apr 2013, 02:17 »

As a note, capsuleers were capsuleers. I was in Grideris's fleet, and I did get paid part of a bounty on one of the Peace and Order Unit Ravens. (Someone even broadcast a target call on one.) There were more of Templis Dragonaurs ships than Peace and Order Unit ships, but other than that, the only advantage they had was CNRs vs. T1 Ravens, the fits were the same (+1 launcher for CNRs, no comment on implants). Of course, players stacked the odds more or less to the POU side.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #23 on: 04 Apr 2013, 06:41 »

- where SuVee convoy was destroyed --> something happens(this didn't happen but did he had a scenerio in case it happend? )
Freighters were not attackable. We followed them all the way from Yashunen to Luminaire with hope to drop them  :twisted:

I think they would simply not undock if SuVee's were destroyed first, and that's what Falcon planned, but suddenly *Grideris*  :lol:

And I think that it should be made the way, that while alive peoples (not only Templis Ships, but capsuleers also) were sitting on undock, freighters couldn't depart, than this would have more sense. (Since actors were broadcasting for capsuleers to clear undocking thing, and we were like no no we won't go, but they still undocked their freighters regardless)

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #24 on: 04 Apr 2013, 06:51 »

The PVP hungry masses in the FEDEF will.

Then they will join the Minmatar.

Then I guess we know who might be crying.

EVE being the shitty place to live in that it is, I expect the previously mentioned grimdark hitting the fan and getting spread out everywhere to happen sooner or later.
IMHO the idea behind all these is to make more conflicts, not less. I don't think that in the end CCP plans to shut down FW in one or both areas. It more looks like that  they want more ships to go boom, we want more fun getting others ships go boom. So, it is all about boom.
If not boom today, then boom tomorrow.
There's always boom.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #25 on: 04 Apr 2013, 06:53 »

FW is a game mechanic.  It is never ending.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Anslol

« Reply #26 on: 04 Apr 2013, 06:54 »

I voted that they bumped the CNR off dock range but...meh...

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #27 on: 04 Apr 2013, 06:58 »

FW is a game mechanic.  It is never ending.

Like Incursions. All my goddamn fucking rage. :evil:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Grideris

• Wetgraver
  • Keeper of the bowl of Infinite Popcorn
« Reply #28 on: 05 Apr 2013, 08:04 »

- where SuVee convoy was destroyed --> something happens(this didn't happen but did he had a scenerio in case it happend? )
Freighters were not attackable. We followed them all the way from Yashunen to Luminaire with hope to drop them  :twisted:

I think they would simply not undock if SuVee's were destroyed first, and that's what Falcon planned, but suddenly *Grideris*  :lol:

And I think that it should be made the way, that while alive peoples (not only Templis Ships, but capsuleers also) were sitting on undock, freighters couldn't depart, than this would have more sense. (Since actors were broadcasting for capsuleers to clear undocking thing, and we were like no no we won't go, but they still undocked their freighters regardless)

I admit it. I broke everything.  :(

Also, I kept shouting at everyone to not shoot the POU guys. Looks like some didn't listen >.>

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 05 Apr 2013, 13:24 »

Also, I kept shouting at everyone to not shoot the POU guys. Looks like some didn't listen >.>
As mentioned, I was in your fleet. Someone even broadcast one of the SuVee Ravens, I promptly jammed it before noticing who it was. At least I did not shoot Scherezad, ok?
Pages: 1 [2] 3