Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char started life as humble mechanic?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: What is going on with STON?  (Read 6181 times)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: What is going on with STON?
« Reply #30 on: 22 Mar 2012, 14:39 »

From this point on, I am completely ignoring them.  They no longer exist.

I have yet to be annoyed by anything as I have been annoyed by them, and that's saying something.

Are we at the point where we can say they are doing it wrong, since they are now breaking forum rules in order to BE MORE ANNOYING?
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #31 on: 22 Mar 2012, 14:42 »

So, I read one of their threads - the one where he mouths off at Tib. Is he as annoying in his other threads?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #32 on: 22 Mar 2012, 15:00 »

Are we at the point where we can say they are doing it wrong, since they are now breaking forum rules in order to BE MORE ANNOYING?

They're not doing it here yet, so please refrain if at all possible. This thread (like the ones on the IGS) has a pretty high likelihood of going tits-up, so let's try to be civil and mindful of the rules here so we don't have to shitcan any posts, please? :)

So, I read one of their threads - the one where he mouths off at Tib. Is he as annoying in his other threads?

Yes.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #33 on: 22 Mar 2012, 15:04 »

I'm not interested in interacting with them anymore either, I was going to start an IC 'pledge' thread to promise to never speak to them in the future, if any of you were interested in 'signing' perhaps. But the first rule of trolls is not to feed them and this would violate that...

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #34 on: 23 Mar 2012, 11:13 »

I just wrote them a thing, OOC, explaining why what they are doing is a bit of a not-cool thing to do (taking over the IGS with multiple low-content threads, essentially drowning out any other RP that could happen there.)

Posted here..

Quote from: Me on the IGS
((I am writing this out of character because I want to explain something.

The fact of the matter is that your current RP is basically making this forum useless for anyone who would also like to use it. While this is the goal of a legitimate sit in, in this case your sit in is basically saying "Stop playing the internet spaceships game, guys."

Can you see how people are getting annoyed with you out of character about this? It's because you've decided the IGS should be the Ston and Manwe and Edaine Proselytization Hour, and that no one else matters.))

Especially now that hes bringing in earth stuff (FD = Frederick Douglass).  I think this is fair to say.  If he agrees to stop all this, I'll make sure he's unbanned from the Summit as well.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #35 on: 23 Mar 2012, 13:53 »

not being funny but is it possible you are all being trolled?

Surely the best way to counter this kind of posting spam is just not to reply to it and to block the poster? In a couple of days the guy will either have to bump his own threads (and look extremely sad) or just sink without trace. By censuring him in-game and posting in brackets on the summit people are helping him roleplay his persecution complex really.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #36 on: 23 Mar 2012, 13:58 »

Surely the best way to counter this kind of posting spam is just not to reply to it and to block the poster? In a couple of days the guy will either have to bump his own threads (and look extremely sad) or just sink without trace. By censuring him in-game and posting in brackets on the summit people are helping him roleplay his persecution complex really.

The guy bumps his own threads just fine without provocation :P

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #37 on: 23 Mar 2012, 15:19 »

So... nobody has considered defending STON from their agressors? For purely IC moralistic reasons? Or just to shut them up?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #38 on: 23 Mar 2012, 15:23 »

I imagine that would invite several immediate wardecs, and also, who wants to be the one defending the behavior?

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #39 on: 23 Mar 2012, 15:32 »

I'm just taking it from a purely IC level. What it looks like to me is deathcultists attacking arrogant humanitarians. Yeah, the humanitarians are annoying, but the people attacking them are death cultists. Would the death cultists have popular support just because the humanitarians are annoying?

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #40 on: 23 Mar 2012, 15:35 »

Yes.

We are Capsuleers.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #41 on: 23 Mar 2012, 15:38 »

Touche.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #42 on: 23 Mar 2012, 15:41 »

That's been my very favorite IC part of this, all the lovely IC smugness produced from seeing even the anti-slavers and 'good guys' clap the abolitionists being shot to hell.

Love that part, at least ;)

Kiki Truzhari

• Dirty little space witch
  • Wetgraver
  • No Light! No Light!
« Reply #43 on: 23 Mar 2012, 15:45 »

TRA would, but we've already gone against Seekers, and honestly, it wasn't that fun. And we can't even get into Amarr highsec where STON lives, so we'd really not be all that helpful.
Prohasar man opre pirende - sa muro djiben semas opre chengende

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #44 on: 23 Mar 2012, 15:46 »

This is not the first time someone has flooded the IGS, and I do not see why people are making a deal out of this.

This, exactly. One of the best ways to deal with spamming trolls is to ignore them, or submit a report and then ignore them. If they act against the rules of player ran channels and forums, then you ban them because they're specifically infringing on those rules.

So... nobody has considered defending STON from their agressors? For purely IC moralistic reasons? Or just to shut them up?

Reputation, primarily. Defending humanitarians means less in the long run than defending a troublemaker that no one likes, IC or OOC. It's a murky divide issue.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5