Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Fiery Kernite once led to an epic bar brawl in the Syndicate, leading it to be called "Rage Stone"?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What is going on with STON?  (Read 6182 times)

Kybernetes Moros

Re: What is going on with STON?
« Reply #15 on: 20 Mar 2012, 10:22 »

Part of my problem with DSTON is their love of this kind of "yeah I'll do all this rabble AND SUDDENLY IT'S JUST ONE OF OUR ALTS GUYS". The hundreds of fundamentally identical forum posts, not always sure whether they're being IC or OOC when speaking outside of the IGS, and at times being really pretty snippy when I can only assume they're OOC (since I can't tell for certain and they refuse to qualify) comprise much of the rest.

Truly, account lapsing is a liberation. :x

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #16 on: 20 Mar 2012, 17:33 »

I'm no fan of STON's repetitive (seriously) material, but setting up someone else for a fall, non-consentually?

If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #17 on: 20 Mar 2012, 17:40 »

It's poor form to sucker a bunch of RPers into what looks to be a he said/she said train wreck

You're right, I concede the point. Still don't think it's godmoding though.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 20 Mar 2012, 17:48 »

The thing becomes muddy when you have what seems to be two different accounts of an event, at least when its RP related.

When X ship gets blown up in space, we have methods in the game to verify and react.

When two RPers agree to do a story, etc (i took your slaves, you killed my sister, whatever), the involved parties consent and the rest of us have an implied trust in their storyline to treat it as fact and act accordingly.

When it's "I killed your sister" and "no you didn't i saw her yesterday", after the rest of us are already reacting with some form of 'oh noes you killed her sister' it makes us all look silly ;)

Jev North

« Reply #19 on: 20 Mar 2012, 18:34 »

I can't for the life of me figure out whether it's some kind of genuine heist, or a he-said-she-said argument, or a bit of both. I've resolved to deal with the tension by exploding more random overconfident Rifter pilots.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #20 on: 20 Mar 2012, 18:52 »

Being in the dark, like your character, can only add realism and good RP. Not knowing the details can only improve interaction. It's good NOT to know what's going on. How -would- your character react with limited information?
So very agreed!

I'm no fan of STON's repetitive (seriously) material, but setting up someone else for a fall, non-consentually?

If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.
Also agreed, but I would be a lot more apt to entertain this if it didn't reek of alts through-and-through. By this point there's not much reason for us to even chime in, at least not regarding this incident.

I can't for the life of me figure out whether it's some kind of genuine heist, or a he-said-she-said argument, or a bit of both. I've resolved to deal with the tension by exploding more random overconfident Rifter pilots.
Probably neither. Feel free to continue popping Rifters in any case.

We were basically left scratching our heads as much as anyone else.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #21 on: 21 Mar 2012, 05:38 »

Who are STON?

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #22 on: 21 Mar 2012, 05:43 »

Who are STON?

A corp that loots slaves from jettison cans and mission wrecks and makes a big song and dance about it on the IGS.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #23 on: 22 Mar 2012, 11:34 »

I can't believe he just opened two new topics over that. Sorry guys, that was not the intended outcome. :cry:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #24 on: 22 Mar 2012, 11:45 »

As Tib just said on the IGS, this is not going to end well for them ingame.

Have fun shooting them all you like, we'll just continue reporting the spam threads, and if we have to, they'll be removed from the Summit.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #25 on: 22 Mar 2012, 11:46 »

Herpers gonna herp.

I will say, though, that as much as I find it pretty asinine, the technique of spamming the fuck out of a given venue for each kill gained has some merit, if only in sheer annoyance value to the aggressors. Well, assuming the aggressors give a crap -- which I wouldn't, in their shoes. It's the IGS.

Kiki Truzhari

• Dirty little space witch
  • Wetgraver
  • No Light! No Light!
« Reply #26 on: 22 Mar 2012, 11:49 »

Herpers gonna herp.

I will say, though, that as much as I find it pretty asinine, the technique of spamming the fuck out of a given venue for each kill gained has some merit, if only in sheer annoyance value to the aggressors. Well, assuming the aggressors give a crap -- which I wouldn't, in their shoes. It's the IGS.

honestly, if I was at war with them, I would be laughing my ass off at what they're doing.
Prohasar man opre pirende - sa muro djiben semas opre chengende

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 22 Mar 2012, 11:54 »

How does one report spam threads out of game?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #28 on: 22 Mar 2012, 11:56 »

Little flag icon on posts.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jev North

« Reply #29 on: 22 Mar 2012, 12:17 »

That has to be the most ill-thought-out promise in quite a while.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5