EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

Vherokior Tribe

<< < (2/7) > >>

Nissui:
After finishing a read-through of the Minmatar Epic Arc (thanks to Jowen Datloran) and the Minmatar COSMOS mission text (props to Alcatrazz99 for keeping the database running), I have added a few small items. Sadly, I believe the legacy of material pre-dating the Bloodlines expansion left the Vherokior with little significance in that respect. There is, however, a wealth of material on other tribes such as the Thukker and Nefantar (hint, hint).

--- Quote from: Nmaro Makari on 08 Sep 2014, 10:37 ---Damn Nissui stealing my thunder  :evil:
--- End quote ---

I couldn't let you have all the thunder!  :yar:

--- Quote from: Silver Night on 08 Sep 2014, 19:46 ---
--- Quote from: Drakolus on 08 Sep 2014, 16:17 ---I don't suppose it "fits" completely but I'm playing a Ni-Kunni trader who has extensive and long term relations with the Vherokior to the point that I've settled my RP on Eldulf and pretty much only run missions for them (when I bother to run missions).  I've tried to put a small Ni-Kunni presence on Eldulf as refugees who were taken in by the tribe that I work to support.  Good stuff for the Vherokior and useful for me to peruse through as well :).

--- End quote ---

So, this would be the type of thing where, if you were to write something up (A brief chron style thing about the small trading community, or a character blog or something) you could link it in this thread, with a brief description, so people who were interested in Vherry RP would know that there were some hooks there for RP with you.

Also, getting this thread added to the sticky.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Silver.

Drak, I would definitely add links to your work as Player Driven Content.

Drakolus:
The first link in my sig is the story I wrote that referenced the migration to Minmatar space.  I don't have anything specific as of yet in regards to the community on Eldulf (and probably won't for a while as I'm working full time and going to school full time) but I'll keep it in mind.

Nmaro Makari:
Interesting article that may be of relavence to Vherokior RPers

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/mongolia-nomads-in-transition/?img=1#postImage

Anyanka Funk:

--- Quote from: Nmaro Makari on 19 Oct 2014, 11:26 ---Interesting article that may be of relavence to Vherokior RPers

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/mongolia-nomads-in-transition/?img=1#postImage

--- End quote ---

I see the resemblance of Vherokior tribe and culture to Mongolian nomads. I could see an Amarrian drone spying on Vherokiors in the desert like people do to foreign cultures. I have a few Vherokior support characters that I'm working on. I could use this type of info as a generalization of why thirty thousand years into the future there are still nomads.

Nissui:
The way Vherokior society is written paints them largely as facilitators of commerce between tribes. While capsuleers obviously have a great deal more freedom of choice in terms of lifestyle, extended backward to the baseliners of the Minmatar, there are a great many ways they could fulfill that role, including not only distribution but also production of goods, planetside or otherwise.

Personally, I've always been fond of the smuggler-as-itinerant-hauler trope, which is why I think the Vherokior serve a valuable function to the criminal elements in and about the Republic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version