Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Wolves of Pator rescued and freed 5,000 slaves as a wedding gift for Evanda Char?

Author Topic: Fight for Space (Documentary)  (Read 405 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Fight for Space (Documentary)
« on: 20 Jul 2012, 13:07 »

I apologize for the US centric tone of the quoted text - it is what I posted on Facebook and most of my friends are Americans.  Americans are the target audience, since it is their space program being discussed.

Today is the 43rd anniversary of men walking on another world. 43 years on, the country that went to the Moon can no longer launch its own astronauts. Its space program is tied up in political pork barreling and manipulation with lots of paper rockets and spaceships, but little hardware. No US President in the past 30 years has dedicated the nation to pursuing any goals in space within the limits of their Presidency and when a Presidential candidate dares to make such a goal he is laughed at.

Hubble's replacement was barely saved from the chopping block and on going exploration of Mars is under threat, despite the outstanding performance of Opportunity & Spirit and the small squadron of orbiters.

Maybe you do not have any direct connection to the nation's space program, but I guarantee it impacts you, your family, and everyone you know. The micro-electronics that surround you, the telecommunications revolution, the smoke detector in your home, the materials and sensors in your car, etc - the list goes on.

I know what the future can look like, but I did not back this Documentary for me - I backed it for you, because you need to know what that 0.5 cents of every tax dollar is buying you and then consider what the hard working, awe-inspiring engineers & scientist at NASA & their industry partners can do with ~1/4 what the Obama administration proposed for the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan.

Fight For Space - Kickstarter