Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Serpentis stole a Federation Navy Nyx, here is the  news item

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Guaging Interest: NOt sure if right place :( Amarr Indy Corp  (Read 3387 times)

Loriarti

• Clonejack

Seeing if there is any interest for this: A Amarrian Industrial Corp, high / low sec.  Loyal to the Empire and its core values. 

Khanid Solutions:

For centuries, Amarr has stood as the pinnacle civilization in New Eden, it is we who have pioneered, built, and maintained the greatest Empire that has ever been known. 

However, today my brothers and sisters, I do not come to speak to you of our glories past, but of our current situation.

As I walked through the Emperor Family Academy in Amarr Prime, I looked through the viewports at our factories, and what did I see?  The mighty robotic and human arms piecing together a Rifter class frigate, built with Caldari minerals.  And this is not a isolated incident, all over the Empire, foreign goods, built by foreign peoples, and built with foreign minerals are saturating our markets.  Our sovereignty is called into question, not by force of arms but through our economy. 

Our economy, once the envy of the cluster, now slowly being overtaken by the Gallente and Minmatar, and far outstripped by the burgeoning Caldari hubs!

But we are not beaten!  We are not dismayed!  No my brothers and sisters we are ready!  Ready to strike back, ready to turn the full force of the Amarrian economy back to its former glory.  I make a call to all devout Amarrians, true to the faith and our cause, to lend their aid to revitalizing our economy!  I make a call for you to join us, Khanid Solutions, in helping to further this goal!  I make a call for all Amarrian industrialists, miners, researchers, and far flung patriots, to return home!  Your Empire needs you!

edit: This is of course a work in progress :) and I welcome feedback!
« Last Edit: 21 May 2012, 13:20 by Loriarti »

Valadeus

It's certainly a neat idea. Is this intended to be an RP corp or is it primarily just a background write-up to why the corp was formed with no intention of RP?

Loriarti

• Clonejack

Its intended to be a rp corp, rp for us industrialists :) the writeup is why its formed, but no, it will continue to be rp.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

Finally, someone I can get ships from!

We'll talk IC and once you guys get established you can count on KotMC as being a customer. We will also protect you from any agressors. I also have an indy alt I've been working on and I may put her in your corp.

Loriarti

• Clonejack

Khanid Solutions Interview, a ingame chat that will be our recruitment channel :) if anyone wants to join in and tlak about it.  I'm awaiting corp stasis to join my corp :( its a odd thing.

Valadeus

My only recommendation in that case, is to remember that the economy of the Empire is strongly based on slave labor (foreign people). Would your corporation be supportive of using slave labor or would it be trying to get Amarr and non-slaves to get involved in construction? (Or both)

Loriarti

• Clonejack

To my understanding, slave labor is both a necessity to the Empire, and a form of education to non-believers.  So in this case yes, slaves would be used in factories, such is our culture.  They wouldn't be farmers, or unskilled laborers, so educated slaves, but slaves none the less.

Amarrians don't have to treat slaves poorly though, so well treated slaves, but again... slaves.... sorry :(

edit: As far as would we advocate amarrians work on our projects?  Of course, employee our Amarrian brothers and sisters, as overseers, supervisors, builders, engineers, anything at all.  Would slaves be substituted in?  Of course, but they are owned slaves by fellow Amarrians, so its not so much a foreign good as a domestic one still (horrible as it is to say)

Unless someone can tell me different.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2012, 15:24 by Loriarti »

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.

It is a very good idea and I think fills a need.  Having said that, get ready industrial RP can be a lonely road.  Some of us are trying the same thing surrounding Federation industrial RP.  If you don’t mind dealing with godless heretics I am sure there is a soulless capitalist or three in the Federation that would love to have under the table access to the Imperial market.  Best of luck!

Valadeus

To my understanding, slave labor is both a necessity to the Empire, and a form of education to non-believers.  So in this case yes, slaves would be used in factories, such is our culture.  They wouldn't be farmers, or unskilled laborers, so educated slaves, but slaves none the less.

Amarrians don't have to treat slaves poorly though, so well treated slaves, but again... slaves.... sorry :(

edit: As far as would we advocate amarrians work on our projects?  Of course, employee our Amarrian brothers and sisters, as overseers, supervisors, builders, engineers, anything at all.  Would slaves be substituted in?  Of course, but they are owned slaves by fellow Amarrians, so its not so much a foreign good as a domestic one still (horrible as it is to say)

Unless someone can tell me different.

You really don't need to apologize to me, :D! I'm just asking questions to help you work out any details you may not have worked out. I currently play an Amarr Holder, the kind that actually keeps slaves so yeah...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

You might also want to talk to Lucius Vindictus and the"Khanid Trade Syndicate" alliance. They don't RP as much as they used to but might be a useful ally (or financial opponent).

Loriarti

• Clonejack

Hmmm I haven't heard of them, but I'll be sure to try and get in contact in the next few days.  Right now the big question is, "Are other races allowed in" I'm trying to find more information on how the Amarr view the reclaimed... in the book Templar One, the treatment of Doctor Gable seems to imply once reclaimed there is a full acceptance, but need more info :(

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about Industrial RP.

An important part of RPing Industry is to realize that every capsuleer is effectively an industrial manager.  The corporation's role is to coordinate and deconflict activities.  The corporation needs to focus on enabling its members activities.  Things like BPO Libraries, readily available Copy Labs, etc are means by which a corporation can help a former solo industrialist grow.

You shouldn't have "slave" characters - slaves are the ones working on the planets and in the labs and factories.  Use your naming, Khanid Solutions, to avoid the question of why you might have a Gallente trader, Detesis Scientist, and Matari Engineer in your corporation.  They are experts in their fields and are willing to support the Empire and faith at a price.  Perhaps there are daily readings that they have to put up with or they must speak with a priest about how their faith is developing, but you will not get non-Amarrian capsuleers to join if you are going to treat them as "slaves."

Loriarti

• Clonejack

Oh, I never meant to imply slave characters (capsuleers) were on the table o.o I'm sorry if I did.  I simply meant what is the view of a converted Caldari/Gallente/....Minmatar? in the eyes of a Amarrian, are they granted citizenship if they want it?  Would it be alright to have non ammarians, or for a true amarr corp do I need only amarrians >.>

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

Oh, I never meant to imply slave characters (capsuleers) were on the table o.o I'm sorry if I did.  I simply meant what is the view of a converted Caldari/Gallente/....Minmatar? in the eyes of a Amarrian, are they granted citizenship if they want it?  Would it be alright to have non ammarians, or for a true amarr corp do I need only amarrians >.>

That depends completely on you and how liberal you are. PIE is, for example, an Amarr-only corp, and that works for them. Last I saw KOTMC they accepted anyone that fit their criteria for joining. That criteria is again completely up to you - will your organization allow non-Amarr eggers to join you and be helpful so long as they put up with your rules and methods, or not? Are there any limitations to non-Amarr toons, like no access to wallet, or required non-game-mechanic penalties (your mentioned sermons, for instance) or not?

Depending on if you want your corp to be loyal to the Empire or no, and to what extent etc. this all depends as well.

Loriarti

• Clonejack

Hmmm as long as they accept the faith, they'll be in methinks.  Which, for the federation friend who posted about under the table offers, could be a work in point :D
Pages: [1] 2 3