Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked cruisers are held in place with massive clamps on strategic support sections of the ship, and are disengaged with incendiary explosives? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Jello Match 2: This Time, We Remembered the Bio Scans  (Read 2128 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Jello Match 2: This Time, We Remembered the Bio Scans
« Reply #15 on: 22 Apr 2013, 11:34 »

Honestly, I think what most RPers want is something to do.

You don't necessarily have to do the jello thing again, you could just host an 'evening' or something, with an open guest list. People will show up, because people cannot resist a public get together  :P

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 22 Apr 2013, 16:23 »

OOC - It was a fun event! More fun is good.

IC - We did the fight. We almost got killed. We raised money for charity. Why do it again? Speaking as someone who almost died thanks to neurotoxin, I'd need a damn good reason to do it again - especially when friends and loved ones are telling me I was dumb to do it in the first place. :)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #17 on: 22 Apr 2013, 16:30 »

1) Would you like a Round II OOCly?
Yes, I found it entertaining and would like to state again that your PC is an excellent master of ceremonies.

2) Would you like a Round II ICly?
3) If no to Question 2, please elaborate (I know the obvious reasons, but hearing it in the words of others is always useful).
Makkal will object to it again on the same grounds, it's licentious and in poor taste so she'd never be interested in watching, though if it's for charity she'll give it a pass. Presumably, the live stream Anslo provided didn't show much of the audience or she would have been unhappy with the number of Faithful she saw while watching it.

Also, people die in and around your club. It's bad luck. You haven't even figured out who the original assassin was working for!
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2013, 16:36 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Anslol

« Reply #18 on: 22 Apr 2013, 16:38 »

My PC is an excellent master? What's a PC?...

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #19 on: 22 Apr 2013, 17:10 »

PC = Player character.

Given that your forum handle is Anslo and your character name is the same, I thought I'd differentiate.

Current Events

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #20 on: 23 Apr 2013, 06:42 »

I've heard rumbles about a round II for jello wrestling being something people might enjoy, but in terms of IC reasons, I can't see a reason why it should be hosted or why people would come again. Therefore, I humbly submit two questions to the OOC community;

1) Would you like a Round II OOCly?
2) Would you like a Round II ICly?
3) If no to Question 2, please elaborate (I know the obvious reasons, but hearing it in the words of others is always useful).

Thank you m(_ _)m

(1) Yes. It was amusing and it got some rp going.
(2) Definitely not.  She didn't realize exactly it was the first time, just that it was a charity event.  The shooting brought back some bad memories for her (relating to PTSD she still has from the last incident before she retired from her security/investigator position) and she feels (somewhat contradictorily) the way the affair ended both was the result of extremely shoddy and incompetent security and the judgment of God as to such a heathen gathering.  She's now on a 30 day retreat in the Basilica depressed.  ((Oh well, I'll make an Alt and attend))

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 23 Apr 2013, 10:51 »

I'm unsure Esna could rationalize going again - not because of security, although he might ask for a review first, but because the event was, ah, highly non-Amarrian.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lucas Raholan

• Holder of the Holy Bottle
  • Clonejack
  • We have Gold ships, yours is inferior
« Reply #22 on: 23 Apr 2013, 16:09 »

In terms of the fight IC it was very fun to go to, though I don't have many player run events to compare it to.

Would IC Lucas like to see round 2, probably not, given what Happened he would find it odd that the two would want to repeat it, not to mention Ava still can't use her legs as of this moment as well as it leading to unpleasant flashbacks for those involved.
Liberal Amarr RP'er
I still consider myself pretty new to the RP scene

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #23 on: 23 Apr 2013, 16:23 »

I think all the folks answering "This would be neat, but my character wouldn't go" is a nice justification for kalaratiri's statement about RPers just wanting something to do.

Instead of just doing a round 2 of the same event, is there something that we could do where folks could justify their characters attending?

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 25 Apr 2013, 06:22 »

Ill echo what's been said!

Yes, of course; it seems like everyone had a blast. I know I did.

But, maybe give it a bit. Maybe we can come up with other stuff to do in the meantime...

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #25 on: 25 Apr 2013, 06:31 »

Makkal has thought about doing a 'revelry' party... but no one seems to know what's actually being celebrated.

Current Events

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #26 on: 25 Apr 2013, 09:22 »

I've been getting the impression that it's sort of an Amarrian version of the Day of Ashura for twelver Shi'ites. Lots of ecstatic religious events, lots of feasting, practices (such as Iranians beating themselves with chains to symbolize the martyrdom of Hussein) that blur the line between religious observation and violence. The Filipino Easter celebrations that end with people actually getting crucrified might be another thing to draw from.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #27 on: 25 Apr 2013, 14:10 »

I could see it drawing from both of those as well as some Roman festivals.

But... all of those have a reason: the martyrdom of  Husayn, the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ, honoring the dead.

The new articles haven't given us one reason why they're celebrating, which makes all the Faithful RPers look a little foolish. We're like a bunch of Christians sitting around going, "Oh yeah, I'm having a great holiday. Got the tree up and have all the presents wrapped. What am I celebrating? Oh, um, brotherhood and... religious stuff. Important religious stuff, I'm sure."

Current Events
Pages: 1 [2]