Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: [News] Heth Turns Terrorist Arc  (Read 8466 times)

Galen Darksmith

• Wetgraver
Re: [News] Heth Turns Terrorist Arc
« Reply #45 on: 19 Jun 2013, 08:18 »

As the Navy ships were never suspect-flagged, you could say the event was already railroaded from that point and on.

If they had been, I am sure a lot of trigger happy capsuleers would have come to Heths "aid". While true that a lot of people dislike Heth, far more just want to shoot stuff. Especially shooting event actors, regardless of plot.

If I wasn't clear on this: yes, it was railroaded from that point on.

And the random factor will always be there, you just accept it and soldier on.  Railroading the encounter to go a specific way out of fear of random capsuleer interference is a cop-out.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #46 on: 19 Jun 2013, 08:28 »

Uh, guys, why exactly would Caldari Navy ships be suspect flagged in their own space?

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #47 on: 19 Jun 2013, 08:58 »

In the the Gallente-Minmatar skirmish, the Gallente ships were flagged in their own space.

Coming up with a reason would not be difficult.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #48 on: 19 Jun 2013, 08:58 »

In the the Gallente-Minmatar skirmish, the Gallente ships were flagged in their own space.

Coming up with a reason would not be difficult.
~CONCORD!~

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: 19 Jun 2013, 09:38 »

Lately it's seemed like CCP gets railroady when they've got an art asset at stake. This, here, may just be a conventional case of them wanting a specific outcome, but the Caldari Prime Titan was never going to survive that assault no matter what else happened; they'd put way too much work into the DUST side of that event for the event to not happen.

It was, for the record, beautiful work. I just wish I'd been playing Yun Hee at the time so that my primary character could share some of my fond memories.

Ah, well-- there will doubtless be future battlefields with ... um, skyboxes that suggest a hole punched in the atmosphere, a breeze that carries so many embers that it seems no exaggeration to say that the wind is burning, and a freaking crashed titan for a landmark.

... Sure, that'll come up again.

If CCP is just trying to hang on to Heth as a recurring villain, yes, that's eye-roll worthy. If, however, they have something more dramatic in mind, and art assets already in place, I have trouble feeling too hard done by.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #50 on: 19 Jun 2013, 09:49 »

There were a fair few people attempting to declare for Heth in local.

That said, in this very specific instance, the insta-undock arguement wouldn't work. A number of Dragonaurs capitals had been bumped straight back to the undock while in siege, and immediately after undocking you were bounced around while you played pinball between those caps and any player ships that happened to be crowding around them.

So, I understand quite well why they couldn't flag the Raven suspect, but am still a bit sad that they did not flag the Caldari Navy capitals suspect; if Colelie taught us anything, it is that players can - through force of will - preserve the remnant of a suspect-flagged capital fleet until CONCORD shows up and tells everyone to stop.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #51 on: 19 Jun 2013, 10:14 »

Shigeru 2: Electric Boogaloo

Heth going to go out in flames martyr stylee above Luminaire, ramming the remaining provist fleet into the planet. 

Poetic Justice or some such :)

Desiderya

« Reply #52 on: 19 Jun 2013, 10:30 »

At some point someone has to crash a ship onto Gallente Prime.

Galen Darksmith

• Wetgraver
« Reply #53 on: 19 Jun 2013, 11:26 »

At some point someone has to crash a ship onto Gallente Prime.

That is so AD 23155.

Totally didn't have to look that date up, nope.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2013, 11:28 by Galen Darksmith »

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #54 on: 19 Jun 2013, 11:31 »

There were a fair few people attempting to declare for Heth in local.

That said, in this very specific instance, the insta-undock arguement wouldn't work. A number of Dragonaurs capitals had been bumped straight back to the undock while in siege, and immediately after undocking you were bounced around while you played pinball between those caps and any player ships that happened to be crowding around them.

So, I understand quite well why they couldn't flag the Raven suspect, but am still a bit sad that they did not flag the Caldari Navy capitals suspect; if Colelie taught us anything, it is that players can - through force of will - preserve the remnant of a suspect-flagged capital fleet until CONCORD shows up and tells everyone to stop.

If you undock into stacked ships (capital or not) and have an insta-warp, in my experience it will warp you instead of bouncing you. This is how I get out of Jita undock when there is a 6 freighter pileup right in the undock port.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #55 on: 19 Jun 2013, 12:01 »

Again, does not work when the fight is on undock range. The Templis had a reason not to re-dock - because they were trying to leave the station - but assuming the CEP forces would not siege or triage, they - perhaps except the battleships - could have played docking games. (Though that is probably a bit more difficult to multibox for the people running the event.)

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #56 on: 19 Jun 2013, 14:12 »

If CCP is just trying to hang on to Heth as a recurring villain, yes, that's eye-roll worthy. If, however, they have something more dramatic in mind, and art assets already in place, I have trouble feeling too hard done by.
Good point. Though I am thinking chronicle and not art asset.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Lyn Farel

« Reply #57 on: 19 Jun 2013, 15:31 »

They should do that kind of things into deadspace pockets, with various wigglies and perks around, instead around stations where game mechanics start to be seriously breaking immersion at times.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #58 on: 20 Jun 2013, 00:40 »

Not sure if there's GM tools for that, but personally, having on-demand deadspace scenery to use would be great. Or even some of the fluff sites there are on some system - right now most of them are ruins, but there could be some that were "active, living" sites and stations for baseliners in addition to the COSMOS and similar sites.

Galen Darksmith

• Wetgraver
« Reply #59 on: 20 Jun 2013, 02:34 »

Deadspace scenery IS the best scenery.  Would also require interested passers-by seeing things in local to have to scan it down, raising the bar for entry only very slightly, but hopefully enough so that people who DO find it are interested in more than "shoot legal targets, get lewt."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6