Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the corp with the most holders of the Kourmonen Campaign medal, handed out by Yonis Ardishapur himself, today reside in PIE?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Disciples of Ston  (Read 3184 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Disciples of Ston
« Reply #15 on: 27 Jun 2013, 11:49 »

« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2013, 12:07 by Katrina Oniseki »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 27 Jun 2013, 12:14 »

It would be interesting - and this is purely my inner troll coming out here - to try and figure out a way to interact with them in such a way that they're forced to act. Not a simple war dec, or merely shooting their ships when they take slaves from your can, but something that forces their hand ideologically.

IC I have them 500,000 slaves on the condition they would shut the hell up on the IGS for a few weeks.

Best few weeks -ever-.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 27 Jun 2013, 12:25 »

It would be interesting - and this is purely my inner troll coming out here - to try and figure out a way to interact with them in such a way that they're forced to act. Not a simple war dec, or merely shooting their ships when they take slaves from your can, but something that forces their hand ideologically.

IC I have them 500,000 slaves on the condition they would shut the hell up on the IGS for a few weeks.

Best few weeks -ever-.

It sounds as though you could maybe work out a lasting relationship there.

Buy their silence. Literally.

Personally, I've really got nothing against them. The idea's neat, if a little limited. A bit of evolution would be nice to see, but, for the moment ... at best, I appreciate the effort (and the obvious dedication); at worst, I just don't care.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #18 on: 27 Jun 2013, 14:16 »

when they go suspect after nicking from a can now
What I took from this thread: Can flipping got nerfed.   :lol:

EDIT:  Also taking this:

Quote from: hellgremlin
Fucka-youuuuu!" *fwooooshhhh*

Oh, and btw, if Silas ever wants to 'emancipate' 500k units of the ingame item "Slave" into Havohej's hands in exchange for a pre-determined period of silence from him on the IGS, let me know.

Hand-off must be done in Amarr highsec, or some other place where the alt I transfer said units of said item to will be able to immediately liquidate.

:D
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2013, 14:23 by Havohej »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #19 on: 27 Jun 2013, 16:14 »

Ché, and by extension me, quite like his posts, but I don't recall his spamming days. Ché was considering having a chat with Ston, and recently exchanged some mails. So far, not seen anything that put me off.

I'll see how things develop, but I kinda liked doing some deathcan rescues myself.
-OOChé

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jun 2013, 19:31 »

I wanted to use an alt to eject a can filled with Marines and an Amarr Sympathizer to see if it got added to the blog and how they reacted to it.

Also they believe in ZERO violence.  They wouldn't hire a merc corp.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #21 on: 27 Jun 2013, 20:59 »

I have to say, I'd like to encounter their "operation" and rp-pewpew with them  :P

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: 29 Jun 2013, 04:26 »

[...], the grimdark I'm serving you here is the realization that however you look at it, the actions of the Stonites prove they seek only one thing.

It is not to protect human life or dignity, [...]
I agree.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 29 Jun 2013, 04:56 »

I don't really have a strong opinion on them, other then being completely dumbfounded by what enjoyment they're getting out of what they do.

Why be in a sandbox at all if you're only going to sit in the corner with your arms crossed and stare scornfully at the people playing in it?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #24 on: 29 Jun 2013, 06:38 »

To play devil's advocate, maybe that's how they have fun in the sandbox... After all, it's a sandbox, they do what they want.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #25 on: 07 Jul 2013, 14:00 »

To play devil's advocate, maybe that's how they have fun in the sandbox... After all, it's a sandbox, they do what they want.
This.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #26 on: 10 Jul 2013, 16:24 »

They're interesting peeps, and the corp and it's MO were a good concept.

The one thing that I have a problem with, other than their habit of spamming IGS with inconsequential BS, is the fact that Ston himself has been caught out lying about his 'slave saviour' activities.

During more than one engagement while I was in SASPR, Ston was flying between gates and stations in his capsule, generally in the niarja (spelling?) area, yet the IGS posts of 'today i saved X slaves from certain doom in jetcans' continued.

During all of this time, a 23.5/7 watch had been kept on his activities, and he had not logged in other than the hour or so we were chasing his pod (them things warp too fast :P )
if i remember right Cruci got his pod once but he came back out in another one.

The day after, he logged in, undocked in a rookie ship, lost it in seconds, then docked and logged. Less than 15 mins later another 'i saved a number of slaves' post appearred....

now, it could be that he just keeps a record of previous jetcan rescues to use on quiet days, but it doesn't seem that way to me.

Still.. an interesting idea, if badly implemented.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #27 on: 14 Jul 2013, 01:49 »

They're interesting peeps, and the corp and it's MO were a good concept.

The one thing that I have a problem with, other than their habit of spamming IGS with inconsequential BS, is the fact that Ston himself has been caught out lying about his 'slave saviour' activities.

During more than one engagement while I was in SASPR, Ston was flying between gates and stations in his capsule, generally in the niarja (spelling?) area, yet the IGS posts of 'today i saved X slaves from certain doom in jetcans' continued.

During all of this time, a 23.5/7 watch had been kept on his activities, and he had not logged in other than the hour or so we were chasing his pod (them things warp too fast :P )
if i remember right Cruci got his pod once but he came back out in another one.

The day after, he logged in, undocked in a rookie ship, lost it in seconds, then docked and logged. Less than 15 mins later another 'i saved a number of slaves' post appearred....

now, it could be that he just keeps a record of previous jetcan rescues to use on quiet days, but it doesn't seem that way to me.

Still.. an interesting idea, if badly implemented.

Pretty much proves my point for me, the direct wording can be found in the catacombs though.

Nothing else to say on this topic for me.

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #28 on: 21 Jul 2013, 17:59 »

They are fun to RP with... I had joined up with Edaine's corporation (who was another alt I think) and helped fund Ston for awhile.  Then I had to shoot something and that was around the end of their Wardec protests.  I stayed in during those just so I could have some fun with Silent Paradise... as my gaming was getting dull and boring at the time.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #29 on: 26 Jul 2013, 22:33 »

Since reading this thread I have contacted them as well, if in a round about manner. 

The RP was logical and appropriate considering the venue and subject. 

Having been on both the sides of the "your doing it wrong" argument, personally I have decided to support other peoples RP as best I can, regardless of what I think about their method or topic.
Pages: 1 [2]