Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That CCP financed the initial development of EVE Online by publishing a board game called Hættuspil ("Danger Game")?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Fanfest 2013, april 25-27  (Read 10146 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Fanfest 2013, april 25-27
« Reply #45 on: 23 Apr 2013, 13:23 »

That game looks amazing.

I won the last round with:

"If God wanted you to enjoy [dying of dysentery] he wouldn't have given us [the Make-a-Wish Foundation]."

There were some that were far worse than that. :3
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #46 on: 24 Apr 2013, 02:51 »

That game looks amazing.

I won the last round with:

"If God wanted you to enjoy [dying of dysentery] he wouldn't have given us [the Make-a-Wish Foundation]."

There were some that were far worse than that. :3

It is a great game, honestly.

I won a game with "Lifetime presents [God], the story of [being a motherfucking sorcerer]."

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #47 on: 24 Apr 2013, 16:32 »

Met Morwen tonight \o/

Also was with Vendrin, Misan, and Sakura, so got to introduce him around.  Ripard was there as well, and got to see my two favorite CCP employees and former members of this forum.   :)

Now to go out and get drunk.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #48 on: 24 Apr 2013, 18:12 »

Met Morwen tonight \o/

Also was with Vendrin, Misan, and Sakura, so got to introduce him around.  Ripard was there as well, and got to see my two favorite CCP employees and former members of this forum.   :)

Now to go out and get drunk.

I also totally forgot Vendrin within like 10 minutes of meeting him, which was totally hilarious and worth the reaction he gave me when I asked who he was a second time. :lol:

I actually want to be up at a reasonable hour tomorrow so I'm passing on further drinking, but I'll be up for more later in the week. Was good slamming a few back with you! :D
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #49 on: 25 Apr 2013, 04:42 »

If any of you at Fanfest meet Erik Finnegan and/or Alef Menthuhemtap, tell 'em I said hi.
-OOChé

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #50 on: 25 Apr 2013, 08:43 »

We've just had a kite flown at us in the live events round table: how would we react to the idea of a weekly, IC, CCP-driven news show?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #51 on: 25 Apr 2013, 09:02 »

Morlag's notes from the Live Events panel - UNEDITED AND ROUGH.
Live Events panel!

CCP Goliath, Affinity, Eterne, Falcon and DelegateZero

Soft cloning!
- More a storyline question, need to go to Storyline panel with Abraxas and Gnauton.

NA Events!
- Resources are limited, but so much of playerbase in America...
-- We're aware that a big percentage of the sub base is in US, want to alleviate but in a position where everyone involved is in Reykjavik - need to expand team or figure out how to manage off-TZ events. Would like to run for EU, US, Pacific. Need to sort out manpower and then ramp things up over time. No roadmap at the moment.
-- There's a few who don't mind staying late in the office, but manpower + vols from within company are required.
-- Have prelim ideas on how to increase coverage, internal meetings to try and sort out a roadmap are planned for US + weekend timezones. Family/work/school is acknowledged and understood - working on coming up with a solution.

Six-month schedule
- Don't have the sched mapped out yet, time crunch due to FF prevented getting one done. WILL BE SPOILERS AT END FOR STUFF.
- Would like to resolve outstanding arcs - repairing Malkalen, Yulai in particular are ideas floating around.
- Fixing stations requires development time - world-shaping events are something people are passionate about but things need to show it's worth the time.

Player corp initiative in live events - how much init. can we take to get them to start up
- Cannot have bias, but we can advertise stuff through actors and such.
- Adapt and react to "how much you guys screw our plans up"
- Kane Spero's OB tournament.

Plans to mix smaller ccp roams in player events - conflict of interest, bias?
- Yellow text vs. blue text - yellow is live events, blue is shits and giggles
- Protest outside CEP station, Falcon just made a random character and had some fun with it.

How much buy-in do LE have w/ CCP development structure - CP was well-received but problems w/ messaging and seemed like technical tools were missing
- this six-month run was a proof of concept; Seagull as the new sr. producer is very into lore and story; making content more organic.
- Rolling out features via events rather than straight-up patches. This stuff doesn't happen overnight.
- Buy-in for creating tools is high rather than new art assets.
- w/r/t 2011, there were other priorities.
- V3 project is a bottleneck here too for new assets
- There WILL be a team dedicated to Content Tools.
- Will be more generalized tools.

Process between storyline and live events - how does it work w/in ccp
- Storyline exists on multiple layers - high-level arc set by the storyline team + IP development.
- Underneath, multiple arcs we can have that go back and forth. Shaping of these arcs is organic between those teams.
- Arcs can develop based on player reactions in varying direction.

Resolving sansha events
- We want to do stuff with existing hanging plot threads, but needs to be cleared through storyline.
- As this team we will NOT start anything that we will not finish. - CCP Affinity

Null/low/high
- Null is the heart of 'sandbox' gameplay. We wouldn't want to decide to hold an event there, show up and oops, we disrupted something like someone's logistics chain as a result.
- Do not want the preception that live events are only for highsec (or lowsec). Null events will happen eventually. Same thing for w-space.

Goons vs. QA modules
- We won't be doing that again. It was funny - people dying to concord is always funny - but we won't be doing it again.

Loyalty thread!
- Can we declare opposition rather than just loyalty?
- Blow 'em up. Maybe a "declare your antipathy" thread.

What barriers to branching storyarcs, scripted vs. unscripted events - Caldari Prime, for example
- We do want players to influence events. But we had to have things on rails for right now - we didn't know the rules yet. (Goliath)
- There was NO WAY that titan was going to live. It might have taken ten hours but it would have died.
- Not going to promise that there won't be scripted events, if we NEED them for huge storyline changes, we will have them.
- May have mods not available to players but they will fit thematically.

AURORA
- Volunteer groups are NOT an option - AURORA worked then, it would not work now.
- It would be great, we'd love the help, but the burden of regulating it would take up too much time.

Surprise vs. scheduled
- Storylinewise, sometimes we NEED it to be a surprise because that's the point (Evaulon)
- Issue we have is if we put out news 24h in advance. 48h it gets bigger. It spirals out o control - it's an issue of crowd control.
- CP we came out with the best case scenario rather than breaking the node.
- Breadcrumbs are a cool idea but not easy to get into game.

GOLIATH SURPRISE
- CCP-created in-character, weekly news show. IDea being kicked around. No promises bt it is being kicked around with abraxas and gnauton.

Live vents are FULLY recognized by CCP at this point, largely thanks to the reaction from the players.

CP stream
- People watched, about 5x more than goliath and zulu were betting on
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #52 on: 25 Apr 2013, 09:55 »

T2 Print changes coming in Odyssey! Suddenly the keynote became much more important to my future gameplay.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #53 on: 25 Apr 2013, 09:57 »

Larger response coming, but...

Null/low/high
- Null is the heart of 'sandbox' gameplay. We wouldn't want to decide to hold an event there, show up and oops, we disrupted something like someone's logistics chain as a result.

...is it bad that this looks like something I would love to see? PvE is a joke - let's have the environment fight back a bit via the devs.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 25 Apr 2013, 10:07 »

Null/low/high

...is it bad that this looks like something I would love to see? PvE is a joke - let's have the environment fight back a bit via the devs.

Seems like it would be straight-forward to have events in the NPC null or edges.  Angels going after folks hunting them in Curse (duh?) for example.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #55 on: 25 Apr 2013, 11:47 »

Null/low/high

I too would greatly enjoy seeing the ambient PVE environment actually being a meaningful threat to players. Although that is a larger issue that stretches beyond merely Live Events.

Over all the Live Event notes seem to indicate they will be better developed in the coming months on the technical side. I am concerned they'll do more Caldari Prime repeats (an on-rails event sold as a free form one), but hopefully by acknowledging they will put some events on rails the sale to players will be more clear.

Of course this may also directly impact the roleplay community's participation; I am not aware of how receptive the people are to predestined major events.

Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #56 on: 25 Apr 2013, 12:06 »

Epic black screen live stream is epic.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #57 on: 25 Apr 2013, 12:08 »

I like these low sec 'indulgences' you'll be able to sell to criminals for CONCORD forgiveness.

Devil will be in the details though for pricing...

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #58 on: 25 Apr 2013, 12:28 »

Stream is back :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #59 on: 25 Apr 2013, 13:29 »

I like these low sec 'indulgences' you'll be able to sell to criminals for CONCORD forgiveness.

Devil will be in the details though for pricing...

Two parts to the cost.
A) what other players will sell them to you for
B) concord will charge you a price to cash them in.

A) is up to the market (although CCP will tweak the spawn rates as they see how it pans out) andB) is another way to charged weak it.

The big question to me is spawn rates
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9