Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Re-Awakened Technologies Inc is a Minmatar Republic loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Alliance Tournament  (Read 11394 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Alliance Tournament
« Reply #45 on: 05 Jun 2011, 17:41 »

Seems like every vid I've seen of any team in the tourney so far has no method of repping damage done to logis.

No local rep, no transfer from others.

It pains me.  :cry:

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ishukone Ratter

• Clonejack
« Reply #46 on: 05 Jun 2011, 18:32 »

Seems like every vid I've seen of any team in the tourney so far has no method of repping damage done to logis.

The RAZOR team had an active tanked scimitar against Clockwork Pineapple on the first weekend.

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #47 on: 05 Jun 2011, 19:18 »

AFAIK you can't have transfers from others. Only 1 ship with logistics allowed, right?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #48 on: 05 Jun 2011, 19:23 »

only one ship can fit remote reppers, must be a logistics ship or a t3 only.  Repair drones are legal as well.

Here is our video by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhsssFmiEUk

Also it seems we are right next to U'K on the charts, let us hope we get some fantastic IC pew soon :)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #49 on: 05 Jun 2011, 21:07 »

Most of the logi deaths I've seen look to be to pilot error or fitting choices.  Regarding scimis, if it isn't doing 2k/s + and kiting at 70km with max transversal, it's going to die immediately. 
There are also quite a few nice local-tank logis to use, just becomes a matter of how many other ships you want to hamper to keep them going.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #50 on: 06 Jun 2011, 02:20 »

Also it seems we are right next to U'K on the charts, let us hope we get some fantastic IC pew soon :)

Finger crossed :)

Edit: though seems seeds are reset for next round:
These 32 teams will be divided, at random, into 8 groups of 4 teams.

And OOC commiserations to CVA, woulda been nice for you guys to get through too.
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2011, 02:44 by Borza »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #51 on: 06 Jun 2011, 13:53 »

only one ship can fit remote reppers, must be a logistics ship or a t3 only.  Repair drones are legal as well.

They're illegal, is what you're saying I think?

Ah, I did not know that.

Still, local-rep should be vital, don't you think?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #52 on: 06 Jun 2011, 14:27 »

The full limitations on RR are, as far as I am aware:
- There can be only one - Logistics-class ship per team
- There can be only one, Mk.II - Only one ship per fleet may have remote armour repairer modules or shield transfer modules.
- Hull limitation - the ship with the remote armour repairer(s) or shield transfer(s) must be either logistics-configured Strategic Cruiser or a Logistics ship.

Therefore:
- All drone are legal on any ship
- Energy transfer is legal (I think we saw a few capacitor chains last year, would have to check if this is legal this year from the rules, not sure)
- The Logistics ship can also be a block-tanked bait, and a T3 the real logistics ship. (At least one such setup was fielded last year.)
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2011, 14:31 by Mithfindel »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #53 on: 06 Jun 2011, 23:34 »

Baits tend to not really be worth it because you find out really fast if they are giving out reps or not. You only need to watch the ship you are shooting and follow the gfx to the ship giving it shield/armor

You might lose a bit of time chasing the 'bait' logi down but they've wasted 12 points.

Cap xfers are very much legal and many setups use them to keep local tanks on larger ships going or to power the friendly logis for longer.

Careful observance of the cap chains can let you break them up, but in all honesty with the change to logi rules you don't have the long-term chess matches of impenetrable RR webs you had in years past.  I'm very happy about this, as it forces the fights to be more fun and dynamic instead of watching 3 domis RR each other for 15 minutes.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #54 on: 07 Jun 2011, 06:32 »

Following on from Mith's post:
All T1 and T2 modules are allowed, with the following exception:
All Remote Armor Repair modules and Remote Shield Transfer modules are NOT allowed, EXCEPT on ONE of EITHER a logistics ship or a strategic cruiser.
Seems you can remote hull rep as much as you want :)
All drones are allowed, including Logistics drones, with the following exception:
Augmented and/or Integrated drones are NOT allowed.
And not quite all drones.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #55 on: 07 Jun 2011, 13:29 »

Final groups/schedules are up.

My heart goes out to U'K, you guys got a -nasty- draw, very very unfortunate :(

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #56 on: 07 Jun 2011, 13:53 »

Hey at least if we get put out it'll be by top-seeded teams, and we might still manage to get through :D

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #57 on: 07 Jun 2011, 14:04 »

Aye, seriously pulling for you guys, give 'em hell.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #58 on: 07 Jun 2011, 14:42 »

The full limitations on RR are, as far as I am aware:
- There can be only one - Logistics-class ship per team
- There can be only one, Mk.II - Only one ship per fleet may have remote armour repairer modules or shield transfer modules.
- Hull limitation - the ship with the remote armour repairer(s) or shield transfer(s) must be either logistics-configured Strategic Cruiser or a Logistics ship.

Therefore:
- All drone are legal on any ship
- Energy transfer is legal (I think we saw a few capacitor chains last year, would have to check if this is legal this year from the rules, not sure)
- The Logistics ship can also be a block-tanked bait, and a T3 the real logistics ship. (At least one such setup was fielded last year.)

So two Logi, one for shield or armor(depending on the tank of the gang) and the other is a guardian with cap transfer.  Rest of the fleet with local dual reps. Should make for a resiliant fleet.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #59 on: 07 Jun 2011, 14:57 »

Sorry if this wasn't clear, but that's illegal, only one ship can provide any remote armor or shield repair per team. It can be either a logistics class ship or a t3 fit for RR. Nothing else, and only one of the two.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6