Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That each of the five empires technically has an equal say in all CONCORD matters? Read more in the Chronicle.

Author Topic: Oh look! A lemur!  (Read 900 times)

Varrent

• Clonejack
  • Independant Angel Loyalist
Oh look! A lemur!
« on: 03 Jul 2011, 21:44 »

Hello there! I've been playing EVE Online for about a year now and have decided I finally have a good enough grasp of the game to stop woring 23/7 about what button i'm pushing, and can start investing myself into immersion and roleplay.

First of all, I would like to give a shout out to Ken, because he is awesome for the Iconocracy set, and that is actually what made me discover these forums. ( I use your Angel Cartel one in my signature! )

Secondly, I am a pirate, and if I were a pirate on a boat on earth, I would have a Lemur on my shoulder, I hate parrots, they talk too much.

I have finished reading EVE: The Empyerean Age, and am partway through EVE: The Burning Life, however I have not yet gotten around to reading any of the chronicles. So if there is one you know of that is a really good read, or just very important to the PF, please point it out to me in this thread, I would love to read it.

Most of my past Roleplay experience has been in a Fantasy setting ( D&D, WoW ) and not in the Sci-Fi genre, so I would also be thankful for any tips regarding major differences in the styles that may not be all that obvious.

My character is a Caldari Deteis Male Scientist, with ties to the Serpentis Corporation and the Guardian Angels. And that is pretty much all I have decided upon as far as my characters backstory goes, I would like a little more to flesh it out as to maybe how I became a pirate, so suggestions for interesting backgrounds would be apreciated too if you any off the top of your head.

Anyhow, this is getting too long for a hello post! So i'll leave it at that. Glad to be here and I hope to be getting into more real RP within the week!

- Varrent

P.S. Almost forgot to put this in my post, huge Portal fan!
 :cube:
« Last Edit: 03 Jul 2011, 22:11 by Varrent »

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: Oh look! A lemur!
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jul 2011, 21:49 »

Hallo pirat!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jul 2011, 21:51 »

I would like to give a shout out to Ken, because he is awesome for the Iconocracy set, and that is actually what made me discover these forums. ( I use your Angel Cartel one in my signature! )

w00t w00t  8)

Welcome to Backstage!  Here's your cup.

:cup:

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jul 2011, 21:53 »

Howdy and welcome.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jul 2011, 22:04 »

My character is a Caldari Deteis Male Scientist, with ties to the Serpentis Corporation and the Guardian Angels.

I know have this image of this Deteis guy holding a flask full of green liquid, with a patch over one eye and a lemur on his shoulder. Going "Yarrrr, yer nitrates or yer life!"  :eek:
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jul 2011, 23:02 »

Welcome aboard! I see you already have coffee, though tea and beer are available for your drinking pleasure as well.

Oh, and MOAR SCIENCE!