DUST 514 RP Discussion and Resources > DUST 514 Character Development

[Character] Galm Fae

<< < (3/3)

Korsavius:
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, that was a good game.

Galm Fae:

--- Quote from: Korsavius on 26 Aug 2013, 16:01 ---Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, that was a good game.

--- End quote ---
To date it is still probably in the top three games I have ever played.

Anyway, I am juggling between two possible characters for when I finally have the system to make the jump to EVE. I am shuffling between a softspoken Khanid and another Caldari, but he would let me bring out the more serious side of me. In a way, the three characters would show three different sides of myself taken to an extreme.

Aria Jenneth:

--- Quote from: Galm Fae on 01 Sep 2013, 01:10 ---
--- Quote from: Korsavius on 26 Aug 2013, 16:01 ---Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, that was a good game.

--- End quote ---
To date it is still probably in the top three games I have ever played.

Anyway, I am juggling between two possible characters for when I finally have the system to make the jump to EVE. I am shuffling between a softspoken Khanid and another Caldari, but he would let me bring out the more serious side of me. In a way, the three characters would show three different sides of myself taken to an extreme.

--- End quote ---
For Eve, especially, I advise going with a character you could enjoy exploring and have fun with over an extended period of time-- and ideally one whose outlook you wouldn't find too limiting. There's a lot of New Eden out there, enough that most capsuleers will find it in their hearts to forgive you if (for example) you dip your toes in piracy at some point-- because nearly everybody tries it.

In other words, more than for DUST, it's important to be a little flexible, or you narrow your options for enjoying the game.

Galm Fae:

--- Quote from: Aria Jenneth on 01 Sep 2013, 18:00 ---For Eve, especially, I advise going with a character you could enjoy exploring and have fun with over an extended period of time-- and ideally one whose outlook you wouldn't find too limiting. There's a lot of New Eden out there, enough that most capsuleers will find it in their hearts to forgive you if (for example) you dip your toes in piracy at some point-- because nearly everybody tries it.

In other words, more than for DUST, it's important to be a little flexible, or you narrow your options for enjoying the game.

--- End quote ---
I think I will end up taking your advice on that one. I still have a bit of time before I can get an EVE account, but after mulling it over it would make a lot more sense to have a character I could really stand behind and fill while still being flexible rather than having to constantly justify my actions to myself. Plus, my inner Caldari fanboy prevents me from wanting to take the time to "learn to act Khanid." I will probably laugh at how backwards I find the culture and throw any PF out the nearest window.

Galm Fae:
Updated Galm's Profile picture. Keep in mind, his clones are aged forward a bit, so even though he looks like he's in his thirties he's quite a bit younger internally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version