Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Slavers hunt by jumping high in the air and coming down on their prey from above?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Fanfest 2011 Discussion Thread  (Read 7432 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Re: Fanfest 2011 Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: 27 Mar 2011, 06:53 »

I would hope that it would be a prelude to different currencies in eve, as farfetched as that idea may seem.  It would open so many options and may cause some very interesting effects on the market (decentralisation in particular). I don't see why nations that are on the brink of war should keep a common currency anyway...

ISK is the "space" credit....i believe each empire already had their currency, and there was some indication that even each planet had a local currency.

In the storyline, it would be quite detrimental to CONCORD if suddenly the empires took over the space economy and controlled it with their own currency.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #31 on: 27 Mar 2011, 07:18 »

I would hope that it would be a prelude to different currencies in eve, as farfetched as that idea may seem.  It would open so many options and may cause some very interesting effects on the market (decentralisation in particular). I don't see why nations that are on the brink of war should keep a common currency anyway...

ISK is the "space" credit....i believe each empire already had their currency, and there was some indication that even each planet had a local currency.

In the storyline, it would be quite detrimental to CONCORD if suddenly the empires took over the space economy and controlled it with their own currency.

Indeed, I meant that the accepted currency for commerce in space in territories under different sovereignty could be different, and could change with sovereignty - this would also apply in 0.0 stations, which could show a prejudice against a certain empire's/faction's currency. Let's not even get into the idea of alliances creating their own currencies (value optionally protected by some sort of 'gold standard').  This would give more meaning to 'factions' and alliance warfare.  It would also make the mechanisms of currency exchange interesting, especially if certain currencies could not be converted into each other (e.g. Amarr-minmatar).

Re: CONCORD - the bastards couldn't resist the Elders attack so let them suffer...in Yonis we trust.
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2011, 07:20 by scagga »

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #32 on: 27 Mar 2011, 09:20 »

Agents will become dynamic. A bit like PI. More used agents quality reduces less used agents improve quality. #evefanfest

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl
« Reply #33 on: 27 Mar 2011, 13:01 »

Nothing I saw over the weekend displeased me. Quite looking forward to the next year in Eve  :D

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #34 on: 27 Mar 2011, 13:19 »

Nothing I saw over the weekend displeased me. Quite looking forward to the next year in Eve  :D

Were you at this Fanfest? Because I randomly clicked on the stream and saw someone dancing who looked oddly like you.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #35 on: 27 Mar 2011, 13:29 »

I saw Shae a bunch of times on the stream during the party. The camera folks LOVED her.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #36 on: 27 Mar 2011, 14:51 »

I saw Shae a bunch of times on the stream during the party. The camera folks LOVED her.

Who doesn't? >.>
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #37 on: 27 Mar 2011, 15:33 »

Who doesn't? >.>

Q to the F to the E.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #38 on: 27 Mar 2011, 19:09 »

Svetlana, Derrys and the other Reservist who got to go won the PvP tourny.   We are rather proud of them!

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #39 on: 27 Mar 2011, 20:06 »

Svetlana, Derrys and the other Reservist who got to go won the PvP tourny.   We are rather proud of them!
Nice!

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #40 on: 27 Mar 2011, 22:37 »

RPers: Cool kids of EVE, or coolest kids?
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #41 on: 27 Mar 2011, 22:52 »

Well, I asked for CCP to give the Serpentis some love.

What I got was a proposed revamp of contraband and booster trade.

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

yay more booster iskies!

You can already legally trade synths, it's us honest criminals who aren't allowed to peddle our wares in hi security space. D:
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #42 on: 28 Mar 2011, 03:30 »

Ok, but di they relese any new info about Dust 514 there suposed to be a "EVE/Dust 514 Link" or whatever ?

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #43 on: 28 Mar 2011, 06:17 »

Also what CCP said at Fanfest about boosters and the player policing of smugglers immediately brings me to this conclusion:

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #44 on: 28 Mar 2011, 09:02 »

Also what CCP said at Fanfest about boosters and the player policing of smugglers immediately brings me to this conclusion:

shiny, lets go be bad guys  :twisted:
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4