Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Placid Reborn is a corporation dedicated to the self-determination and prosperity of the Intaki home system and its immediate surroundings? Read more here

Author Topic: Delete / lock please  (Read 1872 times)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Delete / lock please
« on: 22 Jan 2015, 03:36 »

Null. Please delete/lock/Shitcan, I got my answers. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2015, 06:32 by Ava Starfire »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Huge changes of direction/alignment - one way street?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2015, 03:52 »

You're going to get a lot of different opinions on this from different people, so in the end you'll have to decide for yourself. That said, Mizpinion inc:

The only thing anyone actually have in Eve is their integrity and reputation. ISK comes and goes. Ships come and go. Corps and Alliances come and go. You the player and you the character is all that retains anything. If you or your character decide to do something, that will stick with you and your character until the servers are wiped.

Betray principles and loyalty and that's it. You've shown your colors and trustworthiness. Never again can you be counted on to be loyal. Never again can you be trusted because you've proven that you might just jump ship when the going gets tough. You have crossed a line and that's not something you can just hit undo on.

Yes. It is a one way street to the point not even the faction you desert to can trust you.

Of course, this being Eve, it remains to be seen how much that actually matters to the majority of the playerbase/rp community. It is entirely possible Miz will be the only one who simply nods and goes "called it", strikes another name off the "not necessarily kos" list and cuts ties.

As for "fun roams" you may want to consider Pyre or Scope over the Amarr I'm told.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2015, 05:30 »

I guess I would echo what Miz said above, loyalty is one of the most strong and important values ICly, but that's speaking from an old player/RPer standing point. Values seem to have greatly shifted over the last years and most players do not care about it as they did in the past. The few still caring are a minority, but the longlasting, stable, entities (like PIE, etc). It's not so much a surprise as CCP themselves seem to be increasing a lot the gap between capsuleers vs NPC empires.

All in all, it's not so bad when you shift loyalties as you please like most do, it will just mean that your character will eventually lose its loyalist side to get an more independent and freelance side. It is a choice with a lot of consequences, but it's not a bad one per se. Of course, if you do it to join the opposite side or a heavily militant side of another faction, willing de facto to change sides for another loyalist position. Which means yeah, you don't drop your loyalist side but you actually turn your jacket. Or become a merc/privateer...

So be prepared to recieve scorn from other loyalists, but as long as you stick to your newly enlightened change of mind and loyalties because of :epiphanies: or whatever is your IC reason, after a while you will be perfectly fine I think. Eran Mintor did it well, as well as others. Ofc the taint would not totally go away, especially for a few stubborn radicals, but that's part of the charm and actually creates drama and makes the character human and flawed, struggling to be accepted.

Of course, think twice about it because changing again after, meaning switching sides AGAIN, will remove all credibility to the character loyalties, and that... well, is already the case for a good chunk of the RP playerbase.

Now then, I think I am in a similar situation at the moment. I came back to the game after being away like 9 months, not so much has changed but there is even less loyalists groups than in the past, meaning entities affiliated to a faction, major or minor. People tend to go into the few groups successful already (which kind of makes sense from an OOC point of view, you go where you can still have fun these days out of a lack of choice). So we end up with very few loyalist RP groups : PYRE, I-RED, PIE, and a handful of others, and nothing at all on the gallente and minmatar side.

I feel like being a remnant of the old times where my character was actually crafted for an already rich and thriving RP environement, where all major factions were very well represented and even minor ones (Khanid, Intaki, Mordu, Ammatar, etc). We also had various internal groups of the main factions that provided intra factional conflict as well (PIE vs KoTMC, EM vs UK, etc). So I naturally ended up creating a character that was here not to copycat already existing 'standard' or 'cookie cutter' loyalist characters (which are good characters, they are the basis for everything, without them, no faction RP), but to add something new for more diversity. So I went into minor faction loyalism intermingled with a complicated RP affiliation. It worked well at the time, but now that there is barely 2 main factions still thriving (barely), well, that character feels completely out of place. I can't even find a suitable group where to put her, and i'm still on the right side of the fence. Its too specific.

So like you I have several solutions that I don't like much for various reasons...

- Doing like you, albeit staying the same faction but that would still mean shrinking my loyalties to a more, more simpler one.

- Starting anew (lulz, after so many years, restarting everything... not the time, not the will).

- Using alts... With all the flaws it brings.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2015, 06:23 »

You're going to get a lot of different opinions on this from different people, so in the end you'll have to decide for yourself. That said, Mizpinion inc:

The only thing anyone actually have in Eve is their integrity and reputation. ISK comes and goes. Ships come and go. Corps and Alliances come and go. You the player and you the character is all that retains anything. If you or your character decide to do something, that will stick with you and your character until the servers are wiped.

Betray principles and loyalty and that's it. You've shown your colors and trustworthiness. Never again can you be counted on to be loyal. Never again can you be trusted because you've proven that you might just jump ship when the going gets tough. You have crossed a line and that's not something you can just hit undo on.

Yes. It is a one way street to the point not even the faction you desert to can trust you.

Of course, this being Eve, it remains to be seen how much that actually matters to the majority of the playerbase/rp community. It is entirely possible Miz will be the only one who simply nods and goes "called it", strikes another name off the "not necessarily kos" list and cuts ties.

As for "fun roams" you may want to consider Pyre or Scope over the Amarr I'm told.

Pyre are in the Amarr militia, hon... thats my point. They're where all my friends have gone.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jan 2015, 06:26 »

Ah, I thought you meant Amarr as a faction, i.e. PIE, SFRIM etc. Anyway, same issues. You'll have to make the choice yourself and whether or not there'll be consequences is hard to say. I do consider it a one-way street with no room for turning at the end, but I might be entirely alone in that.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2015, 06:30 »

As I said in-game, it is basically a one-way street. Every time I've seen someone who switched sides try to return to their original side, they've been turned away at the door. For completely understandable reasons: they've proved their loyalties mutable.

If you change, you'll be wanting to change fully and completely. If you aren't willing to do that then stick with where you are.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jan 2015, 06:31 »

I guess forget I said anything... it is one way, I know that.

I want to put together another try to do something with minnies. I really do. But it is utterly pointless. No one will join.

I think eve is better when I dont play it. Thanks for the replies.

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
Re: Delete / lock please
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jan 2015, 06:43 »

When the hell did the Minnie RP get so toxic it pushspeople away from the game?

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 22 Jan 2015, 06:44 »

When the hell did the Minnie RP get so toxic it pushspeople away from the game?

Thats the question, isnt it?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 22 Jan 2015, 07:08 »

How can it even be toxic when it is non existing ? I thought it was completely dead ?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 22 Jan 2015, 07:10 »

Dead indeed.