Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that small, portable credit scanners can be used for facilitating personal transactions? (p. 90)

Author Topic: [Character] Lialus Raithe  (Read 1259 times)

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
[Character] Lialus Raithe
« on: 20 Mar 2013, 06:26 »

Registered DED Name: Lialus (Lie-uh-lus) "Lee" Raithe (Ray-th)
Birthname: Lialus Kale Raithe
Callsign: Wraith
Race: Ethnic Gallente
Birthdate: YC 87.03.18
Birthplace: Caldari Prime
Height: 6'1" / 185.42cm
Weight: 180lbs / 81.65kg
Eyes: Jade
Hair: Black
Clone Age: Engineered for graduation age (28)
Nationality: Gallente Federation
Religious Affiliation: Reformed Amarr Church
Political Affiliation: Hawk (Moderate)

Timeline(Summary)
-- YC 87.03.18 Born to Jacques and Adelle Raithe on Caldari Prime
-- YC 96.06.14 Parents killed in political rally uprising
-- YC 99.08.12 Apprehended by local authorities and brought before magistrate
-- YC 99.08.16 Entered juvenile rehabilitation program with Federal Navy
-- YC 105.05.27 Completed Navy juvenile boarding school
-- YC 105.07.18 Entered Federal Navy Academy as a cadet
-- YC 108.05.27 Graduated cadet enlistment/entered Federal Navy
-- YC 110.05.27 Earned honors in small vessel combat tactics and piloting/qualified for capsuleer compatibility
-- YC 115.03.18 Graduated Capsuleer Certification FNA
-- YC 115.03.22 Federation assault on CNS Shiigeru
-- YC 115.03.23 Wing support and resupply of planetary rescue and relief over Caldari Prime

Pre-Capsuleer History
Lialus is the oldest of two brothers, his younger being Lisaireth, born to Jacquel and Adelle Raithe on Caldari Prime. His parents were young pro-rights activists who often petitioned for minority groups within the Federation (specifically the Caldari, Intaki and Ni-Kunni). When Lialus was nine (his brother seven) his parents were gunned down during a rally that turned violent.

For the next three years, Lialus and Lisaireth made a living as street urchins pilfering food, clothing and light valuables for profit and living in abandoned houses and ruins. Lialus was eventually apprehended by local authorities and brought before a magistrate. It was at this point that Lialus' life took an unexpected turn. Perhaps unusually, the magistrate ordered that Lialus be placed into a military rehabilitation and education program.

From that point on, Lialus lost contact with his brother and began to be trained and educated to serve the Federation in the Navy. After completing juvenile boarding school, Lialus entered the Federal Navy Academy as a cadet, continuing his education and obtaining a Master's Degree in Galactic History, a secondary Bachelor's in Anthropology and recommendations in frigate combat piloting.

Lialus entered the Navy officially at age 21 as an enlisted combat pilot specializing in high-speed maneuvering and interception tactics. After two years of service, Lialus volunteered for a capsuleer compatibility testing program and tested positive.

Five years later, he completed his capsuleer education and compatibility certification with a second graduation from the Federal Navy Academy.

Capsuleer History

The five years of Lialus' capsuleer education were completed during the State occupation of Caldari Prime. Lialus graduated from capsuleer certification four days before the historical Federation offensive against the CNS Shiigeru. Immediately, Lialus began assisting with planetary rescue and relief efforts in direct breach of Federal Navy decree.

He has since continued to serve in internal security operations within Federation space.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2013, 17:02 by ArtOfLight »
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
Re: [Character] Lialus Raithe
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2013, 07:05 »

Bwahaha I love how I knew this character was yours without having any contact with you OOC about it. And I was waiting for this thread to confirm my thoughts, too. :)

One thing I've (evidently) noticed is that your characters have a very tell-tale writing style (in terms of style, structure, language...) and to appeal to the audience.  The avatar's appearance was also a give-away for me (not a criticism, your portraits are very well made).

I just see this 'moderate' Feddie emerge out of nowhere and start pushing out these Malcolm/Azan-esque posts - extremely identifiable in both narrative style and the attitude/appeal of the characters and within one, two posts I was pretty much confident whose alt it was.

Don't take this the wrong way - you're very a  pleasant person to RP with and I enjoy your characters a lot (words would fail me to articulate this enough without looking like brown-nosing), but I'm not surprised by anything that you do. You have severely obvious 'tells' as an RPer. This also makes it pretty easy to tell where your characters are going to sit on the subject of a debate... and how they're going to present their arguments.

Personally, I'm not trying to criticise you. But I would understand if you take it as such and decide that this is something you would like to address. The bottom line is that you create believable characters who are a pleasure to watch and interact with, and as long as you're happy with your creations there's no issue.
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2013, 07:11 by Hatele »

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2013, 07:13 »

Thanks! (I think?)

I do try to keep them unique in their own ways though. Subtle ways, but I hope they're apparent.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2013, 07:50 »

Yeah I was going to ask somewhere if I got it right and it was another Malcolm alt  :D

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2013, 15:36 »

Nice work. Always fun to banter with another Federal RPer. Also, Federal moderates are not in long supply at times, or at least it feels that way.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2013, 15:40 »

Nice work. Always fun to banter with another Federal RPer. Also, Federal moderates are not in long supply at times, or at least it feels that way.

I've met...two, I think? Thanks for the compliments and I hope Lee proves fun to interact with as both an ally or an enemy.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2013, 16:50 »

Edited the biography to add extra detail and changed the backstory slightly to fit in more with the direction and feel I'm looking to give the character. Feedback is, of course, encouraged!