Archives > Katacombs

Re: Khanid Kingdom and Blooders and controversy, oh my!

(1/2) > >>

Mizhara:
This is where the disconnect is. No, how would capsuleer spacecraft do fuck all about planetary defenses? None of our vessels are atmosphere capable, we have no impact planetside when it comes to AA and shield capacities, we can do nothing about air forces or ground forces and so on.

You can bring a thousand battleships, two thousand cruisers and five thousand frigates into orbit and you still aren't doing fuck all about planetary deployment capabilities. The fleet would only be able to fight other spacecraft.

I just don't see why you guys are so desperate to drop ENTIRE FREIGHTERS worth of armies planetside, when it's such an unprecedented, unnecessary and potentially setting breaking bullshit.

Aldrith Shutaq:

--- Quote from: Mizhara on 04 Nov 2018, 07:33 ---Wait what? No one's complained about a fleet. People are taking issue with deploying freighterloads of armies planetside. Please don't strawman this shit.

--- End quote ---
Having, transporting, and making a landing attempt with the troops are all plausible. The only thing that is not plausible is succeeding at it. Yes, the fleet can get chewed up in orbit. Yes, the landing craft can be intercepted. Yes, an army of Khanid cyber knights that are a thousand times better equipped, prepared and numbered will almost certainly be waiting to obliterate what makes it to the surface, as it should be. Again, the point of this is not to win for U'K. They just want to do a thing, and if it's a suicide mission they're fine with that. The U'K person here seems to be under no illusions that it is a nigh-impossible task, and is willing to accept that. Again, it is in deed in CCP's hands how to portray it. Perhaps the fleet does not get destroyed - they still have the option to say the army was dealt with on the ground. U'K seem to not be positioning to godmod a victory, hopefully.

I'm saying I am seeing fewer problems with this event than most people. Let's just see where this goes.

Mizhara:
I'm not so sure making landing attempts with the troops is even remotely plausible. Since when have any of our ships had that capability? If we did, as I've said before elsewhere: that's the kind of thing some characters would have been doing at scales this doesn't even get near.

That's my problem with this. Even just the attempt is godmoding into existence capabilities that we have never been known to have.

Mizhara:
Hrm, playing the victim card, being so poor and bullied by this vague 'elite community' (still waiting to hear who the members of this Inner Circle of Eliteness is by the way) instead of actually responding to the concerns doesn't exactly fill me with even the slightest confidence that this has been thought through at all.

It can't possibly be difficult to grasp the issue some of us are having: It's a matter of scale. Smuggling a small amount of operatives and supplies in on occasion (preferably without even setting firm numbers in place), maybe successfully extracting some slaves here or there is one thing. Deploying literal armies is another entirely. Comparing the two is disingenuous and you know it. It sets ridiculous precedents, and even just the attempt is quite literally godmoding into existence capabilities we don't know we have.

You've gotten as far as I can tell nothing but praise for the willingness to put actual fleets and stuff into space, and you've been given several directions you can go when it comes to reasonable reasons for having freighters in place etc, and yet are getting quite hostile and invoking conspiracies about Inner Circle Elitists and shit because people are pulling apart actual lorebreaking stuff that are just plain unnecessary.

I don't see this need to make these criticisms out to be some kind of hostile elitism, when you've been given a whole lot of ways to go forwards that gives you everything you could want in space, while also being well within the tolerances of what we can do lorewise, etc etc.

Mizhara:
How exactly are you clearing defenses from orbit? Are you adding planetary bombardment without beacons and the specific required weapon types to the list of things we can now suddenly do? How exactly are you landing troops when you don't have atmospheric capable ships? How are you taking on their air forces without atmospherically capable ships? How are you taking out their air defenses? How are you taking out their shields? Basically, how exactly are you doing any of these things you claim being capable of doing?

I take it these questions will go as unanswered as everything else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version