Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kaalakiota, or KK, is the largest of the Caldari megacorporations, and was run by Tibus Heth.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Medical Files - Pieter Tuulinen  (Read 3102 times)

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
Re: Medical Files - Pieter Tuulinen
« Reply #15 on: 10 Jul 2013, 04:05 »

Please! Any feedback is appreciated - the more detailed the better.

These writeups are based on my own first aid training for the field back in the day. They are out of date. A lot of the medical terms are basically looked up on the internets. I have no medical quals.

If you can make me better, that makes me happy. :)

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 10 Jul 2013, 04:07 »

If you're going to expect reports from me they're all going to be based on ICD-10s with little else. :/

Anslol

« Reply #17 on: 10 Jul 2013, 07:56 »

If you're going to expect reports from me they're all going to be based on ICD-10s with little else. :/

I'd actually use this too if I knew the STUPID CODING SCHEME WHAT AM I LOOK AT OH MY GOD

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 10 Jul 2013, 08:07 »

Ok ok.. ICD-9.  ;)

Cause that's all better somehow....

Anslol

« Reply #19 on: 10 Jul 2013, 08:21 »

Ok ok.. ICD-9.  ;)

Well at least there's guides for ICD-9, but I can't find a sample report ><!

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 10 Jul 2013, 12:31 »

Reports would be nice. Which reminds me - should schedule another session.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 11 Jul 2013, 12:05 »

Ok ok.. ICD-9.  ;)

I have piles of them in my file cabinet, on me.  They're usually pretty boring.  I think the doctors make them boring and cryptic specifically to annoy insurance companies anymore.

Here is the treasure: http://www.icd9data.com/2012/Volume1/default.htm

And if it's not a cryptic mix of numerics and words that make little sense, it's not proper Amarr/Khanid paperwork!!

« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2013, 12:07 by Arista Shahni »

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 11 Jul 2013, 12:10 »

Reports would be nice. Which reminds me - should schedule another session.

Make an appointment!

I am going to end up having to make a channel for this eventually.... >.>

Anslol

« Reply #23 on: 11 Jul 2013, 12:45 »

Ok ok.. ICD-9.  ;)

I have piles of them in my file cabinet, on me.  They're usually pretty boring.  I think the doctors make them boring and cryptic specifically to annoy insurance companies anymore.

Here is the treasure: http://www.icd9data.com/2012/Volume1/default.htm

And if it's not a cryptic mix of numerics and words that make little sense, it's not proper Amarr/Khanid paperwork!!

er mah gerd I'm turned on. Dat coding system.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 13 Jul 2013, 19:35 »

Record Retrieval:  INCOMPLETE; reason: high encryption method.

--

Patient reporting sleep disturbances, exhaustion, displaying signs of depression, agitation, and anxious mood.

Displaying acute PTSD.  (Later inclusion: pre-exsiting stage 3 GAD unresolved from 01.10)

Testing possible positive for one out of the three primary diagnostic criteria for CDD (Reality Testing).  It is unclear with current information if this is a differential diagnosis as this time.

Patient has been counseled spiritually in the appropriate traditional framework for their belief-system (the "Terms Method", Edani VI) in a manner similar to AAS  (Imperial Navy standard Protocol, Amarr Prime), with exception being a one on one session as opposed to AAS Mass.  A cognitive therapy approach was used for non-spiritual issues.  Inability to prescribe medication across faction lines to a militia officer limits treatment to naturopathic methods at this time, however if the patient continues suffering acute symptoms, arrangements will be made with the Lai Dai Institute.

--

The patient appears to have made strides toward recovery within normal parameters and time-frame.  Purposeful re-connection with spiritual traditions and teachings has had the expected positive effect on relieving exhaustion, anxiety, and depressive mood associated with the mixed diagnosis of GAD and PTSD.

The inclusion of an involvemet a spiritual leader occurred, as well as a positive life change (marriage), which intermingled in the time frame of consultation.  This seems to have added a positive effect in overall mood and outlook, likely due to establishing and/or reaffirming connections with the communal frame-work, despite (or could even attributed to) the danger and difficulty of the tasks.  The patient has been advised to spend to spend some time to continue solidifying relations with their partner in a situation that will not add stressors.  The patient has mutually agreed to re-consult in four weeks, or if a relapse in disruption of psychic, occupational, or social activity occurs.

CDD is not indicated at this time.

-----------------
((Added for reference, lawl))
CDD:

Capsuleer Depersonalization Disorder: Know the Signs

A disassociative condition similar to the Baseliner disorder, marked by a rapid decline of thought processes, reality testing, and synthesis.  Episodes can be acute or chronic.

The causes of CDD vary.  Though it occurs in all demographics, Pilots with highly inconsistent and/or limited decantating schedules are in the top percentage of reported cases, the second highest being Pilots living in Sleeper space, followed thirdly by high combat exposure.

There are currently no standardized treatment options, though cognitive therapy shows moderate efficacy.  Anectdotal reports have been made of ethanol halting symptoms when delivered in a high nonlethal dose, but this is not advised as it is shown to only briefly mitigate the disorder, and the time-frame of an episode can vary from hours to months. 
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2013, 19:37 by Arista Shahni »

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 14 Jul 2013, 04:31 »

<3 - Thank you Arista. Excellent addition.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 14 Jul 2013, 08:07 »

Again, not a doctor - just a Motel 6 ;)

Anslol

« Reply #27 on: 02 Aug 2013, 07:19 »

Because I've been putting this shit off way too long (WIP).

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 02 Aug 2013, 17:10 »

Nice report, Anslol!

I think Pieter is 115kg though and 204cm.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 19 Aug 2013, 23:59 »

Malkalen Ishukone Watch Medical Facility - CasRep

Incident Report #: MLK-IW10-20.08.115/A13
Date: 20.08.115
Patient: Pieter Tuulinen-Haan
Incident: Training Accident(Assault)
Attending Physician: Doctor Svaan Viingaar

Incident Report:
Trainees in a special training session reported a training incident between Agiri Falken and Pieter  Tuulinen. Witnesses are confused as to the specific details of the incident, but both parties were injured in the fracas. Ishukone Watch SWAT neutralised Agiri Falken and medics responded to both parties.

Symptoms Observed:
Extensive bruising to the face, chest and limbs. (910 - 916)
Crush injuries to the lungs and heart. (926)
Cardiac Arrest. (861)

Physicians Notes:
It appears that the patient was in a training scenario that got out of hand - uncertain which party escalated it. When medics arrived on scene the patient was unresponsive, not breathing, no heart activity. Medics quickly revived him on the scene and pulled him into the clinic where I diagnosed cardiac and respiratory failure due to crush injuries to the torso. All other injuries were superficial.

Patient was put onto artificial oxygenation while nanites scrubbed the blood from his lungs and repaired ruptured blood vessels. His heart activity was monitored and found to be strong.

Physicians Recomendations:
Due to surgical reinforcement of the skeletal system no injuries to the bones were suffered and injuries within the organ cavity were greatly reduced. The patient was assessed as walking wounded and a light reinforcement to his existing nanite baseplates was prescribed.

Pyre Falcon's medical personnel were informed via reciprocal agreement. No further action required.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2013, 00:03 by Pieter Tuulinen »
Pages: 1 [2] 3