Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Adventures of White Lightning" is a Gallentean soap opera.

Author Topic: Private IC Poker Tournaments for ISK  (Read 1164 times)

Norrin Ellis

Private IC Poker Tournaments for ISK
« on: 06 Jan 2012, 14:17 »

If you've seen the IGS post, you already know what I'm going on about.  For those who haven't, read on.

I'm one of the many banking drones for EVE Online Hold'Em.  Some folks recently have inquired about private tournaments for their corp, alliance, or select group of friends, so I asked my boss if I could go a step further and offer private, in-character tournaments for the RP community.  The boss, of course, never says no to new customers.

Typically, we post tournaments in our public channel that are open to anyone.  Private tournaments offer the RP community a chance to play poker in-character with friends because you bring the group.  It's like the difference between a corp fleet and a pick-up fleet.

For anyone that has an interest in playing an occasional or regularly-scheduled tournament, give me a shout via EVE-mail.  I'm happy to answer questions about how the service works and discuss the details of any private game you'd like us to host.  We'll gladly host low- or high-stakes games (subject to certain banking rules we must follow).

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Private IC Poker Tournaments for ISK
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2012, 18:23 »

Oh hell yes.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2012, 18:32 »

As I said in my mail, I'm always up for losing money in games that I barely understand and/or haven't played in years.

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #3 on: 06 Jan 2012, 21:50 »

It's probably important that I mention one of the aforementioned banking rules that we must follow:

We are not allowed to serve characters that are under 30 days old.  We have no way of filtering these people out at the account creation stage, but bankers are not permitted to let them buy into tournaments, nor is EOH permitted to cash out any winnings earned on ring games (cash tables).  This is part of EOH's agreement with CCP.  Please keep this particular rule in mind as you assemble your gaming groups within your RP circles.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jan 2012, 09:54 »

Good to know, thanks.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jan 2012, 21:53 »

Gambling is the recourse of desperate fools. :|

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #6 on: 07 Jan 2012, 23:09 »

Gambling is the recourse of desperate fools. :|

So I can count you in, right?

:P