Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Frentix exists in a diluted version called Frenetix?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Where do your characters live?  (Read 6497 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Where do your characters live?
« on: 19 Sep 2011, 05:34 »

So I've been thinking... what types and places do your characters live in? Is it an expansive planetside estate, or a rusty CQ aboard Rens trade hub? Do your characters live in one place, or none at all?

I figure a lot of characters don't really have a 'home' in a sense, merely having rented or repurposed ares to sleep when they need, preferring to stay in-capsule.

Katrina lives on her ships. Her 'primary' home would be her Tengu, which is easily one of the most fleshed out environments I've made for EVE RP. On I-RED deployment down in Placid, she lives on a Buzzard.

Technically she has a home on every ship she owns, which is a lot. But those two are the most common.

Arkady Sadik

• Egger
Re: Where do your characters live?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2011, 05:56 »

Arkady has personal offices in most stations the corp has offices in (he's a director after all). The corp offices have some attached sleeping arrangements for the capsuleers - they apparently come and go a lot. For the offices Arkady stays regularly, he has some "modest" personal rooms ("modest" for a capsuleer, rather spacey for most "normal" people).

I figure that the way capsuleers move around a lot, they won't have huge, permanent apartements in all stations. It's more like "luxury hotels" where you rent some more or less big room for the night or the week, and only when you stay in a station regularly you think about getting permanent accomodations.

Visiting planets is a special occassion for Arkady (as per the chronicle stating planetary travel is time consuming), so I do not play him as having particular accomodations there, either - it should be more or less trivial to get some secure, expensive hotel room in the big cities, though.

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2011, 06:42 »

Maris more or less lives on one of her Iteron Vs, when she's not crashing on someone's couch.  If she ever talks herself into getting a freighter (or listening to certain people who've been telling her she needs an Orca), she'll likely live on that -- when she's not crashing on someone's couch.  She does rent the occasional hotel room, but she hasn't had a station apartment of her own in a while.   It's also been a long time since she's crashed in the back rooms of any noodle shops.  And live on a planet?  Forget it!  Planets have weather!  And monkeys!

Vieve used to have a planetside home in Juunigaishi.  These days, in between episodes of being dead for tax purposes various reasons, she flits between a number of apartments and the quarters on her husband's ships.  The closest thing she has to 'home' is likely the place in Madir.

Celeste lost her house on Villore Prime (the one Vieve grew up in) thanks to a civil suit filed against the Fauconniers after Vieve elected to start shooting down Federation-allied pilots.  While she's still got the estate on Mies Prime, she's not exactly welcome there -- and well, her cousin's being under SDII enforced house arrest there might make some things a bit awkward, even if they'd ever had a good relationship.  These days, she lives in apartments near her labs and offices.  The closest thing she has to 'home' is likely her suite in Kador space.

Sabi?  Eh.  She's somewhere.  Probably station or planet based.  The Fauconnier-Tisserand brood in general don't care much for living on their ships.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2011, 06:46 »

Anywhere really. N'maro's used to kind of just making do with whatever. Kind of a utilitarian view of anywhere will do. He pretty much lives anywhere where theres air and food. Human company is preferable too.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2011, 07:04 »

Mal currently "lives" in his corporation's planetside establishment.

He spends most of his times in stations though.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2011, 07:13 »

Kiki and Kala live together in a large apartment in the Pator bottom station. Or is it rens top station.. I never can remember. Either way, we have a nice big indoor garden and lots of sleeping room, so if anyone ever needs a place to spend the night, we're around :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2011, 07:15 »

similar to the op. I've always envisaged Jade as living on her currently most popular ship. A lot of the time I log out in space or at one of our towers so it makes a lot of sense. I figure the Raven-class battleship she's currently having fun with has plenty of space in outside of capsule captains quarters and makes a decent command and control hub.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #7 on: 19 Sep 2011, 07:16 »

Despite CCPs insistance to stick us in a rusty closet, Vince has a couple of luxurious apartments around the cluster. Screw the game mechanics, I have fictional money.

The apartments tend to be grand in size and have no costs spared in the decor, after all in New Eden, crime does pay and it pays well. Vince will gladly put a carriers worth of isk into use to make his home feel like home.

Apart from his luxurious apartments he tends to stay in the local quarters if he's out of his home region. He utilizes the captains quarters as most of the ships he tends to fly are flown with the expectation of a short life span. That said, he does have a few ships that have slightly better accommodations for living space than the average hull in his hangar.

DA5UN

• Wetgraver
  • Even drones can fly away
« Reply #8 on: 19 Sep 2011, 08:11 »

Kiruss doesn't have any "homes" on any ships, he would rather just stay in the pod than walk about the ship.

He keeps quarters at Advent's HQ in Augnais as well as on Advent's POS within the wormhole system.

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #9 on: 19 Sep 2011, 09:42 »

Ryven has quarters at Mercy's Keep in Amarr, in Huola, and a privately owned plantation where his personal cigarettes, pipeweed, and cigars are made.  He is considering setting aside a plot for making tea.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #10 on: 19 Sep 2011, 09:49 »

Nothing else to do, might as well bite.

On his larger k-space ships (the smallest being the Tengu) Kyber has some limited quarters, usually in close proximity to the pod gantry. They tend not to see extensive use beyond sleeping; he'd rather either go to some better quarters on the station in question, if it's one he frequents, or stay in the pod altogether if he's not planning to stick around. He does, however, tend to use sections of his ship for visitors ahead of his actual quarters; they're reserved for only... uh, shit. Hard to remember. Maybe four or five people, overall.

His stationside residences are probably more interesting. He's a habit of accumulating them over time to suit wherever he's basing, and something of an interest in making them different. It's been fun to play with using the various technologies in EVE in a more domestic 'rich kid designing a living area' sense: the ways in which you could apply artificial gravity to it are the textbook example, but by no means the only. I'm trying to avoid naming too much for RP's sake, though.

Right now, though, his situation's far more amusing. Living out of control towers is certainly a change for the guy, but again, avoiding RP spoilers compels me to omit specifics. (And it's somewhat amusing to note how I wasn't expecting this post to be so long; what I've mentioned is the product of smaller elements accumulating over the time I've RPed Kyber, rather than a few sessions in which I've sat down and tried to figure it out.)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 19 Sep 2011, 10:29 »

No quarters in ships, because when she undocks, the player is in game and docks every time I stop playing for the day/night/year.

She does have a home station, where she spends most of her time when not visiting family or on a pilgrimage on planetside.

The quarters where she lives at are quite austere and she spends time only in the safe sections of the station.
The ones where heathens have no place and where one may spend ones time in peaceful contemplation.

Of course the corporate offices added a few more locations to be in.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 19 Sep 2011, 11:45 »

Before becoming a capsuleer, Lyn lived in all kinds of various places all over the cluster, and usually not very luxurious (rather austere and small, but always a mess of books and stuff, ofc). This is why she continues to accomodate herself with whatever she can find. This is also why she did not even try to clean up her inherited provincial estates (very large, that was quite a palace in the middle of nowhere). Legacy she barely kept 2 years anyway (yeah, capsule and Holders are not very compatible, etc etc). So, when she was still in KotMC she had tons of appartements in her estates that she actually never really used, when she prefered to sleep in the derelict library. She also had her quarters in the Keep, decent in size, and a real mess, as usual.

Now that she has left both her Holdership and KotMC, she does not live anymore in her estates, and she probably still has her quarters in the Keep. Not sure if Aldrith is not going to kick her ass out of here someday. :p

Anyway, she is actually relocating herself and is soon probably going to set up a large refuge in some kind of crowded place (oh yeah, i loved Hensgha in DX3, blablabla), somewhere mostly incognito (because she prefers it that way). Of course, as a CEO of an emerging corporation, she has rather large offices in the headquarters (Stetille).

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 19 Sep 2011, 12:04 »

Vicky usually lives out of a converted Hurricane named "The Woman Scorned." Nothing huge, it's still a combat vessel, she's just mean to the crew and took a bit of their space to make a lounge and master suite.

In the few stations where she has lived for a while, she has much nicer accomodations, usually including things like hot tubs and/or swimming pools.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 19 Sep 2011, 12:16 »

Vicky usually lives out of a converted Hurricane named "The Woman Scorned." Nothing huge, it's still a combat vessel, she's just mean to the crew and took a bit of their space to make a lounge and master suite.

In the few stations where she has lived for a while, she has much nicer accomodations, usually including things like hot tubs and/or swimming pools.

Lies.

Victoria has tunneled under and into Mitty's house and now lives in hidden basement corner.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4