Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter first stated his intention to liberate Federation space on December 4th, Year 111? See the announcement here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: How strong is your factional loyalty?  (Read 12871 times)

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
How strong is your factional loyalty?
« on: 08 Feb 2011, 13:19 »

Basically, when I play, I do everything I possibly can for the Amarr Empire, at all costs. I RP, but my motivation transcends RP. It's like the passion one would have for their fav football(soccer) or hockey team, to think of liking another team is blasphemy. Its odd, no matter what I do, with any character I have, they all skill and operate for the greater goals of the Amarr Empire.

I have literally tried to RP for other factions, and it seems I can't bring myself to do anything that isn't Amarrian aligned. Anyone else in the same boat?

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
Re: How strong is your factional loyalty?
« Reply #1 on: 08 Feb 2011, 14:58 »

I bleed Amarr!

I'm pretty much the same way.  I have two alts that are Amarr aligned as well.  Not that I ever rp them that much, but in my mind, they are pro Amarr.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 08 Feb 2011, 15:03 »

I would say my loyalty is along the lines of Ishukone first, State Second. Mostly because I feel Ishukone has the State's better interest's in mind.  ;)

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 08 Feb 2011, 15:23 »

Loyalty rank order:

1. God
2. The Empire
3. The Emperor
4. My Corp
5. My Friends/Family
6. Amarr Nobility

something like that.

Would you deny God if it would save the Empire?
Would you disobey the Emperor if it would safe the Empire?
Would you sacrifice your family and friends, if it would safe the Empire?
Would you disobey your CEO if you think his orders are in contradiction to the Emperor's will?

All relevant questions a supposed fanatical loyalist needs to ask himself. Where does his loyalty lie really? Its easy to be a fanatical loyalist if you don't need to make hard choices.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 08 Feb 2011, 15:46 »

Esna is more loyal to the idealized concept of what the Empire should be than to the Empire itself. He is just as welling to perform acts some might consider "anti-Empire" because he feels it will force the Empire to metamorphasize into something better.

In fact, I nearly had Esna turn against the Empire when I first started to RP, because at that time the Empire seemed to me to be one continuous chain of stupid evil rather than lawful or reasonable evil, often committing (or trying to commit) acts that could not be rationalized in any way except "For the evulz". Fortunately Jamyl godhammered Karsoth and gave the Empire a bit more depth again (one of the few good things to come out of her return, IMO) so he could give a sigh of relief and not have to make that choice.

That said... could I RP from another side? I think so, though it would require some experimentation, especially if I were to take a "hardliner" role - I am naturally logical (perhaps to a fault) and so sometimes have trouble supporting illogical and extreme positions. Esna has also inherited some other things I see in myself (I know, not strictly a good RP policy, but things slip in, you know?) so creating an entirely new character from scratch would be a new experience.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #5 on: 08 Feb 2011, 16:00 »

I have a strong anti-bandwagon impulse, so I'll avoid RPing any of the "popular" factions.

If Gallente was a big playerbase, I'd happily RP something else. Likely Amarr to explore traditionalism, non-Western culture in a sci-fi setting, or Caldari.

I sometimes create throwaway RP alts to explore them anymore, so v0v

Factions are secondary for me

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 08 Feb 2011, 16:04 »

I hope that if someone encounters Mitty, they will get a pro-Amarr vibe....

:D
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #7 on: 08 Feb 2011, 16:06 »

What kinda batteries do those take?

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #8 on: 08 Feb 2011, 16:10 »

What kinda batteries do those take?

Imperial Navy Cap Rechargers

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #9 on: 08 Feb 2011, 17:22 »

I have literally tried to RP for other factions, and it seems I can't bring myself to do anything that isn't Amarrian aligned. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yeah pretty much.

The idea of doing something other than Sansha is so alien to my mind it's pretty incomprehensible.

I'm sure the GMs loved all those petitions I sent in over the years asking for a way to mission for the Sansha before they introduced the fix.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Grr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #10 on: 08 Feb 2011, 18:08 »

When I started eve I was told I had to be Amarrian.  Recently I objectively looked at that decision, considering all the options but you know what?  I'm now proud to consider myself an Amarr loyalist both in character and out.  For the record I'm not religious, not pro slavery or anything else you might associate with Amarrians however I feel strongly that I've picked one of the hardest factions to RP as lawful good and I cant see myself working for any other faction.

Grr is now retired but when active would have done anything for the Empire including suicide.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 08 Feb 2011, 20:33 »

I would say my loyalty is along the lines of Ishukone first, State Second. Mostly because I feel Ishukone has the State's better interest's in mind.  ;)
No... Lai Dai has the State's better interest in mind.   :P

When I first started RPing, I first looked at CAIN and didn't try to look anywhere else.  The other option I found out about later was APEX.

At the same time I had a Gallente character (Dex Nedeland) at about the same skill level.  I tried doing some Gallente RP later with Robbi d'Avalon, but I was already CEOing LDIS and building Robbi up took/takes time away from that, so he hasn't done much of anything in a while.  He is to be a frontier Gallente from Solitude and was meant to explore the conflict between metropolitan culture and frontier culture.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #12 on: 08 Feb 2011, 21:08 »

I have two main characters (and two minor ones) and they are all different, obviously. They represent different elements of myself in a way, and I use them to explore different areas of role play.

For Mammal, his loyalties go like this:

1) The Intaki
2) His Corpmates
3) His family
4) The Federation
5) Ishukone

For Val, his loyalties are:

1) His family (esp his sister)
2) God
3) Ishukone (and Ishukone-Raata- especially Sanya and John Revenent.)
4) The Intaki
5) The Khanid Kingdom

Some crossovers here, as Val was formerly in the ILF, but I've tried to play his religious side a bit lately.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 08 Feb 2011, 21:22 »

I could roleplay any faction, but Sansha's Nation and CONCORD are my absolute favorites.

I wish they'd band together already.  :(
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

KJLLV

« Reply #14 on: 08 Feb 2011, 21:47 »

Of my 3, one has been immutably Imperial since her inception. One is an Outcast Matari shamaness of sorts, and the other is Nation from the result of an open-end twist, though was originally a Federation nationalist. I find the concept of players having factional loyalty alien to my mindset.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5