EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

State of Minmatar RP

(1/13) > >>

Casiella:
So I've been trying to piece together the state of Minmatar RP, and it seems rather thin. There was the Amarr coronation, naturally, at which the Sanmatar appeared and partied down ( :psyccp: ). The alpha clone recruitment stuff applied to all the empires in their own ways, obviously, along with the various tech advances for clones and new ships and whatnot.

But when I peek into the IGS forum, the stuff that is empire-focused almost all revolves around the Fed-State conflict. And while I don't particularly care about simplistic back-and-forth with the Amarr ("slaver!" "primitive!"), there's still something about the punk look and rusty ships and ornery sorts that appeals to me.

So is Minmatar RP dead, or just hiding?

Samira Kernher:
Mostly dead, unfortunately. There's the occasional isolated minmatar RPer, and private minmatar RP going on, but as a community there isn't one. Some ostensibly minmatar RP corps still exist, but one of them is almost entirely OOC these days, and the other, if it's even still active, is very isolated.

Though, the lack of RP corps is a pretty common issue these days. The majority of RPers tend to fall in OOC corps and engage in RP as secondary to their main interests. This limits the ability for any individual IC community (like factional communities) to really grow and flourish.

Xepharious:
We in Origin do have a kind-of Minmatar/Caldari mashup going on. The culture tends to pepper us a bit, especially as we've pulled in a few of the more Matari friendly RP folk. Best I can tell is that our beef is more with how the Republic is run than with the tenants of republic belief. (those of us in Origin that have a beef anyway) If you are looking for some RP I know we have a lot of folks who are generally up for good RP and those friendly to ALXVP are welcome to stop into the channel 'Sunny-side Up' on the auspices that they received temporary clearance into Origin for the visit.

Tabor Murn:
Minnie RP scene seems pretty sparse. Maybe I no longer know where to look for it.

Deitra Vess:
If it isn't nonexistent it also isn't exactly advertised. It does make sense that there is a little bit of a closed community thing going on (clan, ect) but I would think it would atleast be known that there are groups in general. I can't think of any that both exist and are active.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version