Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Imperial Human Resources is a well-known Amarrian slave company.

Author Topic: Incentiving FW the right way  (Read 971 times)

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
Incentiving FW the right way
« on: 17 Sep 2012, 12:21 »

Inspired by this and this blog posts. This builds on the already presented ideas by CCP

1. There is only a single plex timer that counts down for both parties. If you chase out a hostile at the last minute, then you need only to guard the timer for a minute to reap full LP rewards.

2. You can choose to destroy a friendly plex (scorched earth style) to prevent hostile from capturing it. No rewards, no penalties, just denial of capturing by hostiles.

Obviously what does this is change the incentive structure. Gunless frigates orbiting buttons generate LP for the PvPer that chases them out, if the PvPer times correctly.

On the flipside, it makes plexes a desirable resource you want to harvest *now* rather than risk having it blown up and needing to wait for a respawn.

* And yes, incidentally I think it is a good option for asteroids to be destructible. Small ones the hp. of a noob ship, largest ones a small cruiser perhaps. If you chase the miners out of that belt, have fun seeing the explosions and deny them resources...

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Incentiving FW the right way
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2012, 13:12 »

Agreed. Currently, it is way too easy to go out and strike it rich. Eve has effectively infinite resources. The lack of scarcity means no one needs to take risks, there is not all that much to be gained by taking risks. I'd definitely like to see that changed.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lyn Farel

Re: Incentiving FW the right way
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2012, 16:25 »

1. There is only a single plex timer that counts down for both parties. If you chase out a hostile at the last minute, then you need only to guard the timer for a minute to reap full LP rewards.

I fear that people will always wait for someone else to do the job and at the last minute, come to reap the rewards... Actually, I do think it is something that will prevent actual combat in plexes. Just let the guy run the timer and then come with a blob to reap the reward. And piss off the victim in the process.

2. You can choose to destroy a friendly plex (scorched earth style) to prevent hostile from capturing it. No rewards, no penalties, just denial of capturing by hostiles.

How would you do that ? Shooting at the button ? Friendly NPCs would comply like the brainless morons they are ? That sounds radically anti immersive to me.

But anyway, how much time would it take to destroy the plex ?

If it is instant or takes little effort, then here you go, blow up all the plexes and make the situation go stalemate for eons with no plexes to capture most of the time.

If it takes too long, then nothing new, it would be like chasing our own plexes and run them even if that brings no rewards because the system is uncontested.