Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Hak'len (AKA Kresh liquor) is toxic to non-Caldari?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dev Blog: In The Navy: Changes To Navy Ships In Odyssey  (Read 2060 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Dev Blog: In The Navy: Changes To Navy Ships In Odyssey
« Reply #15 on: 11 Apr 2013, 10:47 »

The Furricane description makes me lol so hard. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 11 Apr 2013, 11:29 »

I missed the old cane. I'm glad to see it's coming back.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #17 on: 11 Apr 2013, 11:34 »

Yay, gamedesign escalation. What a surprise.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #18 on: 15 Apr 2013, 12:40 »

Feedback time

Time for some feedback on the feedback.

• The Navy Battlecruiser prices are a bit too high and seem comparable with Command Ships.
Good point, I had CCP Fozzie come to my desk with puppy eyes asking for a price reduction as well. We'll probably decrease overall price by 20-25%.

• The Drake Navy Issue fittings are a bit short, especially on the powergrid side.
We discussed increasing this a bit, not much though, as we are scared of the sheer potential of this ship. Let's start around 5% and see where it gets us.

• The Hurricane Fleet Issue feels bland for the price tag and doesn't bring anything new to the table.
We thought bringing the old 'Cane versatility role was appropriate as a Navy hull - we are considering increasing its powergrid to 1350.

• Why choosing the Brutix instead of the Myrmidon as a Navy hull?
Internal discussion resulted in favor of the Brutix since we felt it represented the Gallente combat doctrine more accurately with close range hybrids. A Myrmidon Navy Issue could also have been problematic to balance without overstepping on the Dominix, Vexor Navy Issue or even turret ships.

• Why not giving 7 lows to the Harbinger Navy Issue instead of 5 med slots?
The first internal iteration of the Harbinger had 7 lows and a 10% Armor HP bonus instead of the Medium Energy Turret Tracking bonus. After some play testing we felt the role was too restricting - we opted for more flexibility by changing it to its current form.

• Shield recharge is not mentioned on the initial post?
Forgot about that, will add it now. Shield recharge is 1800 seconds on all of these hulls.

• May Warfare Links be fitted on those hulls?
Indeed they can, they have identical 99% reduction bonus to them, same as regular Battlecruisers.

• Why are the Navy Battlecruisers not all improvements of the basic tech1 hullls?
Plain improving stats of the tech1 hulls doesn't necessarily offer a good balancing solution; it may overpower an already very popular ship, or not provide a good enough role for a Navy variation.[/size]

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani
Pages: 1 [2]