Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Re-Awakened Technologies Inc is a Minmatar Republic loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Who's left in RP?  (Read 32224 times)

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
Re: Who's left in RP?
« Reply #30 on: 30 Jan 2014, 15:21 »

My sub lapsed because real life (physically and other crap) exploded, but I'm beginning to get arpee withdraw, and will likely rectify that soon.  I need to talk to my CEO when I resub as I'm not sure tbh if I'm ready for null, or more specifically, ready to put in the long hours, as it cuts from my lazy time RPing.  (Also my SP distriubution is wrong for my region, which makes it annoying, and will take literally months to fix to be able to null-rat when not in a CTA.)
Go to your account settings (https://secure.eveonline.com/), log in there and select game time->hours for plex. Activate it. Immediately log in to the game (make sure you update client first to not lose time downloading patches, and make sure it loads). Fly to Amarr solar system and accept the contract.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #31 on: 30 Jan 2014, 15:25 »

Well my remark was part joke at being a Caldari space jackboot; and part a jab at the conceptions of futurism in art which tended to focus on movement, asceticism, industry, and the evocation of violence in addition to nationalism and fascism (some of the leading Italian futurist artists of the 20's, 30's and 40's also founded nationalist parties and supported Mussolini's rise to power).

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #32 on: 30 Jan 2014, 15:27 »

Ack Diana >.<  Patching now.. I'm not even sure where I am, I might be in null still ...

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #33 on: 30 Jan 2014, 15:32 »

Oh. Well then, carry on!

In either case, the logo does fit EVE's style. I'm not sure if it fits the Caldari style of simplistic and heavy shapes... but neither does I-RED's.

I think 4th District hit the nail on the head with their logo.

« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2014, 15:44 by Katrina Oniseki »

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: 30 Jan 2014, 15:36 »

Yus.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #35 on: 30 Jan 2014, 16:17 »

My sub lapsed because real life (physically and other crap) exploded, but I'm beginning to get arpee withdraw, and will likely rectify that soon.  I need to talk to my CEO when I resub as I'm not sure tbh if I'm ready for null, or more specifically, ready to put in the long hours, as it cuts from my lazy time RPing.  (Also my SP distriubution is wrong for my region, which makes it annoying, and will take literally months to fix to be able to null-rat when not in a CTA.)
Go to your account settings (https://secure.eveonline.com/), log in there and select game time->hours for plex. Activate it. Immediately log in to the game (make sure you update client first to not lose time downloading patches, and make sure it loads). Fly to Amarr solar system and accept the contract.

Just to note, you don't have to go to Amarr to accept a contract OR activate plex.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #36 on: 30 Jan 2014, 19:02 »

Oh. Well then, carry on!

In either case, the logo does fit EVE's style. I'm not sure if it fits the Caldari style of simplistic and heavy shapes... but neither does I-RED's.

I'd agree that the I-RED and 4th logos fit the Caldari style of being "official" organizations so they have the correct minimalist/authoritarian feel to Megacorp. logos. Pyre Falcon isn't an "official" Caldari organization conceptually, so the logo for it was intended to be similar but not the same.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #37 on: 30 Jan 2014, 19:17 »

You guys need to make some leather bomber jackets with the Pyre Falcon logo on the back.

« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2014, 19:22 by Katrina Oniseki »

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #38 on: 30 Jan 2014, 20:03 »

This style is a little more reminiscent of that period, imo:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Oddly enough, the logos for some of the Federation branches of government look very similar to those. Coincidence? I think not! inb4 Federation is the true fascist empire of New Eden.

Regarding PYRE's logo, who cares much for the artistic style it is trying to mimic. It just looks cool plain and simple :)

Very silver
Much steel
So Caldari
Wow

Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Lyn Farel

« Reply #39 on: 31 Jan 2014, 13:16 »

There is a big difference between the nazi eagle / roman empire eagle and the various eagles that were used as coats of arms by various countries in the previous centuries (Germany, Prussia, Austria, etc). The federal eagle is a lot closer to the latter imo.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #40 on: 31 Jan 2014, 13:36 »

My alliance decided their logo was going to be "literally a bucket of dicks".

I had to fight to convince the people in my alliance that our logo being, "A falcon shaped dick with wings" was a bad idea.  :ugh:

That sounds very... Roman.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #41 on: 31 Jan 2014, 14:00 »

There is a big difference between the nazi eagle / roman empire eagle and the various eagles that were used as coats of arms by various countries in the previous centuries (Germany, Prussia, Austria, etc). The federal eagle is a lot closer to the latter imo.

The Nazi Eagle took artistic influences from the Roman Eagle, but its meaning was a continuation of the German Eagle. In short, it was both at the same time.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #42 on: 31 Jan 2014, 14:11 »

The Nazi Eagle took artistic influences from the Roman Eagle, but its meaning was a continuation of the German Eagle. In short, it was both at the same time.

I was speaking artistically. There is nothing alike between both.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #43 on: 03 Feb 2014, 11:58 »

I was speaking artistically. There is nothing alike between both.

That is a pretty... hyperbolic statement. There is plenty of similarity between them. Starting with the choice of an eagle as a symbol. Artistically there is a pretty massive area of overlap between Roman, Eastern Roman, Holy Roman, and just about every other image of an eagle as a symbol of power.

Are they identical, no, but they are alike in many ways.
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2014, 12:00 by Gaven Lok ri »

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #44 on: 03 Feb 2014, 13:27 »

Hurs Sokira made the 4th logo and had an extremly detailed and impressive write up of the symbolism used.   I wish I had a copy.
You are RPing wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17