Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the first ways to crack safe spots was to warp past the person and hope your bookmark landed you next to them?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Who's left in RP?  (Read 32223 times)

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
Re: Who's left in RP?
« Reply #15 on: 30 Jan 2014, 00:09 »

My sub lapsed because real life (physically and other crap) exploded, but I'm beginning to get arpee withdraw, and will likely rectify that soon.  I need to talk to my CEO when I resub as I'm not sure tbh if I'm ready for null, or more specifically, ready to put in the long hours, as it cuts from my lazy time RPing.  (Also my SP distriubution is wrong for my region, which makes it annoying, and will take literally months to fix to be able to null-rat when not in a CTA.)

« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2014, 00:11 by Arista Shahni »

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 30 Jan 2014, 00:14 »

My sub lapsed because real life (physically and other crap) exploded, but I'm beginning to get arpee withdraw, and will likely rectify that soon.  I need to talk to my CEO when I resub as I'm not sure tbh if I'm ready for null, or more specifically, ready to put in the long hours, as it cuts from my lazy time RPing.  (Also my SP distriubution is wrong for my region, which makes it annoying, and will take literally months to fix to be able to null-rat when not in a CTA.)

This is why I've never stayed in null long. It's like, work and such.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 30 Jan 2014, 00:20 »

Oh, it's fun in its own way, but I am just not trained for the right types of ships for the making the money part that I'll be losing in CTAs. :)

I'm not putting it aside forever, I just would rather train up somewhere where I can make some ISK and have fun, and not play SP online and fly a Noctis around 100% of the time  (though I do enjoy doing that for corpmates, it's sort of ... yeah. :) The group are a bunch of great guys...

.."It's not you, its me"

lol :)

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 30 Jan 2014, 00:26 »

Oh, it's fun in its own way, but I am just not trained for the right types of ships for the making the money part that I'll be losing in CTAs. :)

I'm not putting it aside forever, I just would rather train up somewhere where I can make some ISK and have fun, and not play SP online and fly a Noctis around 100% of the time  (though I do enjoy doing that for corpmates, it's sort of ... yeah. :) The group are a bunch of great guys...

.."It's not you, its me"

lol :)

Yeah, and the time I've been in null over the years, I had fun if it was the right people. But it is time consuming, and finding the right people is difficult. I don't really have the time to spend with it to even consider it. A significant portion of my time in Eve is afk.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 30 Jan 2014, 00:27 »

Yeh, my life body issues decided "fuck you, bed."

I can RP on the laptop.  Can't fly in null on it. :D

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 30 Jan 2014, 00:30 »

Yeh, my life body issues decided "fuck you, bed."

I can RP on the laptop.  Can't fly in null on it. :D

Yeah, RP is the ultimate flexibility. If it wasn't, I might not be subbed during the semesters. But as it is, I can just sit afk while working on things, then hop over for a while to take a break, etc.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #21 on: 30 Jan 2014, 01:53 »

I went to null once.

My alliance decided their logo was going to be "literally a bucket of dicks".

I am no longer in null.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #22 on: 30 Jan 2014, 02:17 »

I had to fight to convince the people in my alliance that our logo being, "A falcon shaped dick with wings" was a bad idea.  :ugh:

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #23 on: 30 Jan 2014, 03:05 »

I had to fight to convince the people in my alliance that our logo being, "A falcon shaped dick with wings" was a bad idea.  :ugh:

Is your current backstage avatar your alliance logo submission? If so, I give you +100 points for it. Very EVE, very smooth.

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #24 on: 30 Jan 2014, 03:40 »

Still alive, still roleplaying (a bit). 

Veik, I might need to talk to your artistic employee about an MITG logo in the future :P

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #25 on: 30 Jan 2014, 03:43 »

Is your current backstage avatar your alliance logo submission? If so, I give you +100 points for it. Very EVE, very smooth.

Yes it is. I think it works as a properly 1940's fascist iconography piece as well. Which is good, because then it goes well with the jackboots.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 30 Jan 2014, 13:57 »

Yes it is. I think it works as a properly 1940's fascist iconography piece as well. Which is good, because then it goes well with the jackboots.

I don't see the resemblence? It seems too modern and sleek for anything from the 1940s to me.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: 30 Jan 2014, 14:02 »

This style is a little more reminiscent of that period, imo:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #28 on: 30 Jan 2014, 14:55 »

That was my thought. Most 1940s iconography used images that were either directly front facing or profile, and they certainly weren't as evocative of motion as the PYRE alliance logo.

That isn't to say it's bad. I just don't think it resembles anything from the decade. I didn't major in Art History though, so maybe I'm wrong.

The only fascist avian iconography my admittedly limited knowledge can remember is the emblem of the Nazi party, which had far more in common with Ancient Roman symbolism and the traditional German Eagle than it did more contemporary iconography of the period.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 30 Jan 2014, 15:06 »

It might fit the 1950's better but my symbolic anthropology is rusty ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17