Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that wooden furniture is very expensive in space? (p. 89)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Caldari Arc  (Read 20239 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Caldari Arc
« on: 16 Feb 2013, 11:54 »

Ishukone expresses anger at Caldari Provincial Directorate as Ground Fighting Erupts on Intaki Homeworld

Am I the only one that is having trouble figuring out what State forces are fighting Federation forces on Intaki?  Is it DUST corps going at it (with a lack of names to go into the article)?

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Caldari Arc
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2013, 12:00 »

I believe one of our DUSTies did mention something to that affect in the Summit yesterday, following the rock concert thing.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2013, 13:59 »

It's probably DUST forces, just like the raid on the Starkmanir colony by Bragian order.

Matoko

• Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2013, 14:57 »

Huh... Hey I-RED, you guys don't happen to accept Gallente Intaki, do you?

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2013, 16:24 »

I-RED accepts anyone, I believe, so long as they contribute and abide by and respect State policies, laws, etc etc.

On topic, I r teh madzzz! D:<

How dare Heth allow for this! The peaceful Intaki people did not ask for this nor deserve it.

* Korsavius amplifies his anti-Heth/CPD actions...secretly >_>
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2013, 22:58 »

Of note, I think so long as the story arc is about Heth trampling on megas & fighting long-time allies (Mordu's) the arc is on railroad tracks.   When the choice was between Heth & criminals, Guristas, and Angels, it actually created in-space conflict.

Since there has been zero effort to actually provide clear (fictitious) motivations for Heth's overreach or a long-term build up of Heth & the CPD being good for the State, there is a clear lack of conflict.   It is remarkably easy to sit on one's hands and let him fall.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2013, 23:13 »

Yeah. Even Loyalists like myself and the rest of Pyre have gone 'Lolwhut?' since they are doing just about everything short of having Heth consume infants on live television.

There is, literally, only the very slimmest of grey areas remaining to  CPD loyalists before the only reason to remain loyal will be the Koolaid.

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2013, 23:48 »

Intaki is like the Berlin of our game.

Discuss. :psyccp:

PS: I'm super-tired, don't take this question seriously.

Matoko

• Wetgraver
« Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2013, 00:00 »

"Executor Heth, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Caldari State and it's regions, if you seek liberalization, come here to this gate. Mr. Heth, open this gate. Mr. Heth, Mr. Heth, tear down this wall!"

Gesakaarin

« Reply #9 on: 17 Feb 2013, 00:06 »

Thing is, most of the events that serve as prologue surrounding this current arc are mostly outlined in Templar One which our characters do not know about.

From my own character's perspective it looks like Heth is just digging a deeper and deeper hole for Kaalakiota with his use of the CPD/Provists/Templis to go around and give more and more reasons why every other Mega should now go and seek his removal. He really is conforming to the allegations of being a power-mad dictator with no checks on his authority at present through recent actions.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #10 on: 17 Feb 2013, 00:17 »

People have been calling Heth's introduction to EVE the word thing to ever happen to Caldari RP. Now that he's being removed by Falcon, people are complaining? Seriously?

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 17 Feb 2013, 00:21 »

I quite liked the dynamic he represented in Caldari RP. A return to the old ways, in some senses,  big of homespun Civire common sense in a world run by eight faced, four hearted Deteis.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #12 on: 17 Feb 2013, 00:26 »

People have been calling Heth's introduction to EVE the word thing to ever happen to Caldari RP. Now that he's being removed by Falcon, people are complaining? Seriously?

Not so much a complaint as much as pointing out that given how events are playing out there's no real need to do much now except just watch as Heth drinks the hemlock because he's so good at making enemies and alienating almost everyone in the State.

And yes, my own characters are more than glad to see Heth fall because now that means the, "Experiment" of the New Meritocracy has obviously failed and requires a return to the Old Order - perhaps with minor adjustments to ensure these bouts of populism don't happen again.

*coughs*

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #13 on: 17 Feb 2013, 02:42 »

You know why Game of Thrones is such a good book?  Because the badguys win.  Heth is a horrible person but he's not a bad character.  (Poorly written in some cases.)  Conflict is needed for any good story.  Heth has been good for Caldari RP, overall.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #14 on: 17 Feb 2013, 04:41 »

I don't think some of the Megacorp CEO/Directors or those old and powerful families in the State could be considered, "Good guys" by any stretch of the imagination, either.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12