Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mind Clash is a hugely popular sport throughout the cluster, and is centered on the willpower of two opponents? Read more here!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Arek'jaalan: The analysis  (Read 23112 times)

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
Re: Arek'jaalan: The Verdict
« Reply #30 on: 28 Jul 2011, 09:53 »

Yay! someone made a private endeavor!

This is an excellent effort, and respectably IC, so I salute Pilot Neferis for a substantial venture in a career of otherwise notorious goings-on.   

8)

Will be interesting to see what comes of it. Basically I did it because some of my guys were getting bored with the stillness and lack of " action " on the Arek'Jalaan project, so I'm giving them some entertainment apart while trying to stimulate them to remain with the ccp event and give some time to see if things pick up.

Lots of good folks are leaving the Arek'jalaan on the past few days due to the controversial nature of the channel which is tending to be lots of ooc comments between brackets, or total silence with a few exceptions of some mildly repetitive discussions.
Also, the lack of any collective action is making people feel they are wasting their time there without any sort of goals or directions, so they are leaving and doing their own things.

I think its early to give a veredict to the Arek'Jalaan project but players want action and stuff happening and thus far there isnt much of either unless you are engaged there with your own stuff and motivations. End of the day, an event is as a good as you make of it and this one has potential to expand if players put their own cards on the table too to help it to not become so predictable.
One of the interesting things for example is to explore the fact that most of Arek'Jalaan leads were taken by capsuleers members of criminal organizations. I'm sure this fact wont be ignored so its one of the things im curious to see how it will play out on the near future.

Also, people need to keep in mind that npc actors arent godlike productions. I remember well on past events how we were all constantly reminded about how they can lie, manipulate, spread falso rumors etc like any capsuler out there. With this in mind, I hope something interesting will come from Tukoss apparent " boring " style " and surprise us with some twist the great majority wont be expecting. This kind of things makes events interesting.

But anyways, yes regarding the igs thread and the Takmhal and Bloodraider Research institution we will have fun with it at space and hopefully get some bloodraider actors to surface too to bring some answers to light on that aspect.
Erotic Evil: Sexy and Dirty, Dirty Rich.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #31 on: 28 Jul 2011, 10:58 »

Also, people need to keep in mind that npc actors arent godlike productions. I remember well on past events how we were all constantly reminded about how they can lie, manipulate, spread falso rumors etc like any capsuler out there. With this in mind, I hope something interesting will come from Tukoss apparent " boring " style " and surprise us with some twist the great majority wont be expecting. This kind of things makes events interesting.

Endoma... grrrrr...

Not that she really surprised us when she turned out to be a slave.

But anyways, yes regarding the igs thread and the Takmhal and Bloodraider Research institution we will have fun with it at space and hopefully get some bloodraider actors to surface too to bring some answers to light on that aspect.

This would be amazing.

Mister Screwball

• Wetgraver
    • http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7203/eatingevidencez.gif
« Reply #32 on: 28 Jul 2011, 11:47 »

Endoma... grrrrr...

Quick derail:
If i remember correctly im prety sure her turning into a slave was a mistake or something that they just rolled with

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #33 on: 28 Jul 2011, 14:39 »

Endoma... grrrrr...

Quick derail:
If i remember correctly im prety sure her turning into a slave was a mistake or something that they just rolled with

Hmm... I thought we were all getting annoyed with her for parrotting the CONCORD line that nothing was happening, nothing to see here, move along, etc. Then we started to suspect her for being a nation loyalist and eventually she came out and said as much. As for whose idea it was, etc, I have no idea. I do recall her deliberately avoiding a lot of direct questions and giving half-answers to easy ones on IGS.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #34 on: 28 Jul 2011, 15:04 »

My recollection is that Endoma wasn't originally intended to be a toaster, but a mistyped dev command alongside the growing suspicion from players made them recover from said mistype by turning her into a National infiltrator. Ofc., I could be entirely wrong, since I've not looked it up, and it's a complete derail here. :P

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 28 Jul 2011, 15:12 »

So we get the best stories out of CCP when they have to correct typos?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #36 on: 28 Jul 2011, 15:21 »

My recollection is that Endoma wasn't originally intended to be a toaster, but a mistyped dev command alongside the growing suspicion from players made them recover from said mistype by turning her into a National infiltrator. Ofc., I could be entirely wrong, since I've not looked it up, and it's a complete derail here. :P

This is what happened. The dev behind Endoma mistyped something and the command meant to spawn a bunch of sansha rats was sent into local. Hilarity and plot twist ensued.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #37 on: 28 Jul 2011, 15:24 »

This is what happened. The dev behind Endoma mistyped something and the command meant to spawn a bunch of sansha rats was sent into local. Hilarity and plot twist ensued.

I so hope this dev comes to Arek' Jalaan event too! It's just about what we need to warm things up!

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #38 on: 28 Jul 2011, 15:44 »

A'J is pretty much one of the dream potentials for Kitzless I had. Right now I'm just gonna latch on and see if I can use the A'J momentum to get the engine going.

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #39 on: 28 Jul 2011, 18:03 »

I've been pinged more than once in the last few days about participating, and like Seriphyn (before Burreau entered into the picture) I find it hard to justify participation from an IC perspective. SYNE's core is anti-Nation, I've spent the last 8+ months researching Nation and producing AARs, and to suddenly drop that in favor of cooperation with Nation loyalists just doesn't work.

OOC, I like the project and think it has potential. But I'm getting this sense that CCP tried to do too much, too fast, with Arek'Jalaan and didn't spend enough time thinking on how they wanted this all to play out.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #40 on: 29 Jul 2011, 00:05 »

I am fine with the speed of the project. I see it as a continuation of the what have been going on on the EVE Fiction forum for the last years, and by God have things gone slow in there. It is about a year ago I wrote about my sightings in w-space for example.

As long as I see the long term contributors from EVE Fiction participating I think the project is doing fine. Some of us would like it to go even slower perhaps, like Auwnie. The part of the project where I am lead (I just claimed the title and nobody objected) is progressing fairly well. I do not know about the other parts of the project but when I write research proposals on the portal it is because I already have an idea how to pursue insight on that topic without the need for waiting for answers from Hilen or some other NPC.

I forgot to add: If you are waiting for things to happen time will likely seem long, but if you are trying to make your own stuff time is often too short. :)

Oh, and ood luck with you science gathering, Revan. It took my fifteen minutes to write and seven years of interest on the topic to make that discussion piece.
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2011, 00:54 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Re: Arek'jaalan: The ONGOING Verdict
« Reply #41 on: 29 Jul 2011, 03:48 »

Topic title changed to reflect the developing nature of A'J

Also, please remember to post any opinion whatsoever, within reason, about both the project itself or how it has played out as a live event i.e. what was good, bad, needs improving, has potential, etc.

The very model of a British Minmatarian

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #42 on: 29 Jul 2011, 05:48 »

Oh, and ood luck with you science gathering, Revan. It took my fifteen minutes to write and seven years of interest on the topic to make that discussion piece.

Just a note here, using the ic post itself its very clear: "The purpose of this Society is not scientific but philosophical on its nature and to us, also a matter of Wars and Faith."
To Revan AK is already taking care of the Scientific side of the business, her business with this is because she doesn't trust Eifyr, Tukuss or whoever else involved in such studies to not be corrupt and do what was done with the Tetrimon scriptures.
It's simply a matter of pure religion and my intention with it ooc is not to pursue scientific data gathering either but spark this religious conflict.

About your discussion, was a very interesting and well formulated post and I hope it will be integrated more often on the project as a line of thought which is quite consistant with the hints of PF we have out there. I do hope that ccp 'Tukoss' will turn a moment of interest into it to let us know if thats the right line to pursue further with any form of validation or if it is way out of what they plan for Takmahl to be.
Trick part of this event is players not able to make wide assumptions without us having to get a little "hot  or cold " from time to time.
So yes let's see what can come out of it, that discussion certainly brought material to the table, let's see what can be done afterwards with that.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #43 on: 30 Jul 2011, 17:18 »

The Aurora Ominae: A'Js ethical hot potato or a whole lot of hype from the overcautious?

Controversial conspiracy theories welcome as well as decent theories  :lol:
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #44 on: 30 Jul 2011, 19:51 »

Strikes me as more :drama: than actually backed up issue. I can go construct a hundred of them right now if I want to waste the ISK on it. Doesn't mean they can be fired this side of nullsec. With the whole thing being so public, there's no way in hell there wouldn't be someone from CONCORD or whoever keeping an eye on it and making sure there's a) no power source capable of firing it being constructed, b) no circumvention of CONCORD's limitation on it's usage.

That particular bit is highly overblown in comparison to the Sansha loyalists in key positions (especially given Nation's statements of seeking the destruction of Arek'jaalan) and so on.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13