Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Rogue Jovian General incident years ago sparked Tech 2?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Arek'jaalan: The analysis  (Read 23110 times)

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
Re: Arek'jaalan: The analysis
« Reply #180 on: 27 Jun 2012, 07:43 »

I could have lived with the information presented in T1 as it mostly did not contradict my "grand theory" that I managed to put together before the release of the book. But the whole EVE Storyline setting is dead in the water with all resources cut. Now focus is on "reinventing the wheel", aka. redesigning roles for ships and the UI. Granted, the UI did need some attention, but as a nine year old EVE veteran I get zero additional gameplay out using resources on the Unified Inventory System to replace the old system that I have managed with for all those years. Tweaking tech 1 frigates brings further nothing to the table for a veteran like me. If I were new to EVE I might appreciate these things, but no.

I was sold on the “virtual world”-concept, not just flying around in spaceships and pew-pew. But those times are over, now CCP employees know next to nothing about their own world and you are most certainly a nerd (among nerds) if you do. If you saw the quiz at FF12 you would know what I am talking about.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #181 on: 27 Jun 2012, 09:42 »

So my goals for new projects have less to do with discovering mysteries / moving OOC knowledge to IC and more to do with scientific RP, to compete with (or maybe complement) existing military / diplomatic / business / cultural RP.

Even if we're not investigating the Sleepers, there are interesting RP angles regarding computing, astronomy, biology, etc. in EVE. And whether CCP recognizes it or not, dammit, it's fun for at least some of us.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #182 on: 27 Jun 2012, 09:57 »

An admirable effort. Sadly, I never were much into the RP side of things myself.  :(
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #183 on: 27 Jun 2012, 10:34 »

So my goals for new projects have less to do with discovering mysteries / moving OOC knowledge to IC and more to do with scientific RP, to compete with (or maybe complement) existing military / diplomatic / business / cultural RP.

Even if we're not investigating the Sleepers, there are interesting RP angles regarding computing, astronomy, biology, etc. in EVE. And whether CCP recognizes it or not, dammit, it's fun for at least some of us.

Do iiiit.

EVE's setting has plenty of room for neat angles without touching on the Sleepers or whatever. Players and CCP alike could have handled Arek'jaalan better, and petulant posting on the forums isn't going to change that. Much better to just say "okay, people dropped the ball, let's just move on and deal with it", I feel.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #184 on: 27 Jun 2012, 10:47 »

Myyona, the bits that may interest you are OOC investigations of EVE IC phenomena. The best example I can think of is that we already know that the astronomical data in EVE is royally screwed, and so I'd like to document that in great detail and possibly even propose a specific alternate model to CCP.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #185 on: 27 Jun 2012, 17:09 »

Do iiiit.

EVE's setting has plenty of room for neat angles without touching on the Sleepers or whatever. Players and CCP alike could have handled Arek'jaalan better, and petulant posting on the forums isn't going to change that. Much better to just say "okay, people dropped the ball, let's just move on and deal with it", I feel.

Oh, thank you. Assuming you're reffering to me, you should actually read what was written.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #186 on: 28 Jun 2012, 09:51 »

Well, I did read the edited post before making my own here; it's why I worded it how I did. Questionable and invective rhetoric seasoned with swearing, pomp and comparisons to "fraud", etc., certainly comes off as petulant. Others' mileage may vary -- and lest I make any more potentially moddable posts, I'm out of this thread.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #187 on: 29 Jun 2012, 06:23 »

Well, I did read the edited post before making my own here; it's why I worded it how I did. Questionable and invective rhetoric seasoned with swearing, pomp and comparisons to "fraud", etc., certainly comes off as petulant. Others' mileage may vary -- and lest I make any more potentially moddable posts, I'm out of this thread.

The style I chose was provocative and deliberately so. If it somehow offended your eyes well, all I can say is its unfortunate you feel that way. I dont see any reason for mods to jump on you for valid criticism, I'd hope they're a little more flexible than that.
The very model of a British Minmatarian
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]