Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vitoc is the antidote to a deadly toxin, not the poison itself?  For more information see Vitoc.

Author Topic: Character Development: Laurentis Thiesant  (Read 1580 times)

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
Character Development: Laurentis Thiesant
« on: 03 Aug 2013, 10:39 »

M. Laurentis Thiesant OVC. USM. former first minister of Beynad Prefecture on Vittenyn II.

Appointed First Minister by the Prefecture Legislature originally as the Progressor Candidate, remained as such the first four years of his tenure before presiding as an independent for the remaining (2) years of his political career. Supported by an array of private sector sources in final years.

Despite repeated journalistic attempts to discover the sponsor of M. Theisant's capsuleer career, no information has been forthcoming.

Military Hawk.
Divorced.

OVC - The Order of Vittenyn Colony is awarded by Vittenyn system authorities to citizens who have performed outstanding services in various fields. M. Thiesant's OVC was awarded for services to colonial politics and business.
USM - The Union Shield organisation is a collective of arms manufacturers and their supporters who finance political initiatives promoting the free distribution of personal weapons for citizens self defence.

So essentially this is the new character I've been mucking about with since I don't really feel like picking up Jianni again. I feel her story was told, and after a couple of years (about 3) - I'm probably as much a stranger to her as anyone else would be.

This guy is pretty straightforward thus far. He's a former politician, nothing too special, subnational (where a planet/system is a 'nation') first minister in one of the high security Gallente systems. I've imagined him as being passionate about the Federation, but more so as a concept than as part of the little nitty gritty details, with the end point of that being that he is likely to be in some ways corrupt (as to what, and to what extent, I'm open to hearing suggestions on - maybe he's worked with a few Caldari corporations while spewing anti-Caldari sentiments, maybe he's paid off by the Cartel or the Serpentis. Maybe he's just a good old 'cash for access' type with big business. If anyone has anyway RP opportunities that could develop this, I'd love to here from you).

The character is geared towards becoming an industrialist, so again, if there are any Galletean corporations/alliances that want one of those, please do contact me. I'd say the same for any Angel or Serpentis or any other grouping who wants to try and work something out.

I was XO of Seriphyn's Eleutherian Guard at one point so I'm not entirely useless.
Anyway, this is the character, and I'm looking for ways to develop so... call me. ;)

« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2013, 10:44 by Jianni Sotaku »

Lyn Farel

Re: Character Development: Laurentis Thiesant
« Reply #1 on: 03 Aug 2013, 15:20 »

Sounds quite awesome and original. Always need more Valorons, Octirants and Nardieus.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 05 Aug 2013, 05:21 »

So, following a conversation with several folk in OOC just before downtime today, I've come up with a 'campaign calendar' of press releases and information leaks that'll help to push my character in the right direction and put him in a definitive position within about 2 or 3 weeks (I longballed it, but could always fit it into a much shorter period).

I assume the IGS won't mind me making about 4 posts in that time period, I mean sure, it's relative spam, but that place can be rather dense anyway so I guess I can help keep it fresh.

If anyone has any 'The Scope' or news characters they would like to offer for one or maybe two of those posts, I'd appreciate it. Saves me making my own and adding to the absurd amount of them around the place.

Further, if anyone wants to develop the proof the content calendar for me, I'm also down for that (without just giving everything away to everyone).

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 05 Aug 2013, 06:32 »

Not sure if the players still play, but you can try to contact Bastian Valoron or Hans Nardieu, maybe they could offer you a lot of RP matter with their own politicians.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 05 Aug 2013, 07:01 »

We need more Fed RPers of any flavor, so this is a welcome addition. :3

I assume the IGS won't mind me making about 4 posts in that time period, I mean sure, it's relative spam, but that place can be rather dense anyway so I guess I can help keep it fresh.
Over 2-3 weeks it shouldn't be too much a problem, but I would shy away from condensing it any more than that, as you may garner more "omg qq y u no post in 1 thread rabblerabblerawrhissfrothspit" than actual discussion.

As long as the subjects being discussed in each thread are sufficiently different from one another you probably shouldn't get too much noise out of the peanut gallery over it as it stands, though.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
Lore Request: Boosters
« Reply #5 on: 07 Aug 2013, 09:08 »

Does anyone have a more indepth look at Booster effects (particularly on capsuleers) and other stuff in that area. I've seen some of the general CCP data on the topic but it seems to be more top-level without solving many of these specific.

There could be a chronicle buried somewhere or something? Anyone know?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 07 Aug 2013, 10:42 »

I presume you've already seen the Evelopedia article on boosters?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 08 Aug 2013, 03:31 »

Thankyou Esna, somehow I missed that.  :s

The resulting IGS post is below:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3462184

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2013, 08:36 »

The next stage is in place:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=268908&find=unread
The following is part of the speech delivered by M. Laurentis Thiesant at a dinner on-board the Iteron class USV Dessarine II in orbit of Vilinnon III at the announcement of the formation of the Institute of Social Development. This recording has been redistributed as a matter of interest to the capsuleer community. Marked as low priority.

Good evening to you all, my dear guests.

We have gathered here tonight from all the facets of life in our proud Gallentean union to stand together in bringing forward a new way of thinking on the political and societal challenges that face our modern Federation. You are the business people, the politicians, the industrialists, the justices, the unionists, the community leaders and the respected others from across our great diverse districts. We gathered here are representative of the initiative and the freedom of opportunities which we have built our civilization on the back of. Through your hard work, and the hard work of those like you throughout the centuries, we have formed a Federation that is the envy of every truly freedom seeking soul in the cluster.

Together, we have built something brilliant, and it is together that we must work to keep the Gallentean dream alive and prosperous. As they say, there is always room for improvement.

The Institute of Social Development will always stand for the brightest and boldest possible future for each and every citizen. We will lobby for the political change that will grow our human potential, we will stick up for the principles of free trade and liberty that are so vital to our way of life, and we will work to develop, procure, and produce the technologies that will be the cornerstone of our advancement into the future.

A network of Institute advisers have already been put to work in their local communities to build change. Here, on a cluster-wide scale, we will stand in word and action to the values held deeply in our hearts.

With your support, we can take the firm foundations of the Federation and construct the best policies to see our nation flourish.
With your support, we can succeed.

...and the corporation description

The Institute of Social Development is a Gallentean lobbyist organisation devoted to promoting Federal policy with a focus on the political change vital to the growth of human potential accross Gallente space. The Institute actively works to develop, procure, and produce the technologies that it believes will drive the Federation into the future.

The Institute does not disclose a formal list of its donors and claims to be an independent organisation without affiliation to any acknowledged Gallentean political party. Due to the Institute's advocacy for the liberalisation of drug policy, rumours abound as to the organisation's connection to the Serpentis Corporation.

Institute offices are found in cities accross the Federation, providing advice to government officials of all levels on a wide variety of issues. ISODE delegates are also known to operate inside the Intaki Syndicate and the Minmatar Republic.

The public face of the Institute of Social Development is The Honourable Laurentis Thiesant, a former politician in the Vittenyn system.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #9 on: 04 Sep 2013, 16:47 »

:D Welcome!

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 08 Sep 2013, 01:50 »

Corflutes for everyone!

Edit: 100th post. Reasonable celebratory post then.
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2013, 02:21 by Laurentis Thiesant »

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 12 Sep 2013, 00:18 »

The direction it's going may be "fun".  ;)