Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Defiants were a splinter group of the Minmatar fleet that waged guerrilla war against the Amarr?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Hello again!  (Read 5532 times)

Valadeus

Re: Hello again!
« Reply #45 on: 21 May 2012, 06:42 »

Knowing how the Valadeus create their characters there is always something already reasoned and built behind. To my eyes it is more a case when Raze happens not to enjoy his character as expected.

Precisely.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #46 on: 21 May 2012, 12:19 »

That being the case, I hope you make a toon you end up being happy with. I can't imagine creating a promising toon, playing for a week, finding it lacking, and deleting the toon to start over is very fun in the long term.

How did your last toon fail, if I may ask? Federal side of things not entirely to your liking?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #47 on: 21 May 2012, 12:36 »

That being the case, I hope you make a toon you end up being happy with. I can't imagine creating a promising toon, playing for a week, finding it lacking, and deleting the toon to start over is very fun in the long term.

How did your last toon fail, if I may ask? Federal side of things not entirely to your liking?

I did that for 18 months before I made Kala, just starting afresh every time  got bored. It got boring eventually, but it does mean I've tried more or less everything there is to do in eve, from highsec missions to 0.0 sov warfare, with wormholes somewhere in the middle :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Valadeus

« Reply #48 on: 21 May 2012, 13:15 »

First, thank you for your well-wishes.

Second, Lialus failed because I make an absolutely terrible Gallente. There's a great many things that Gallente society is built around that I have absolutely zero experience with in real-life and no care to explore (such as the film industry and fashion). Beyond that, I just found myself not really motivated to play him and unable to formulate a long-term plan that I was excited about. I had an RP long-term plan for him that became increasingly apparent that it was not practical.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #49 on: 23 May 2012, 21:41 »

Whatever toon you play.

Glad you're back.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #50 on: 24 May 2012, 00:13 »

First, thank you for your well-wishes.

Second, Lialus failed because I make an absolutely terrible Gallente. There's a great many things that Gallente society is built around that I have absolutely zero experience with in real-life and no care to explore (such as the film industry and fashion). Beyond that, I just found myself not really motivated to play him and unable to formulate a long-term plan that I was excited about. I had an RP long-term plan for him that became increasingly apparent that it was not practical.

I've played a Gallente character (Intaki Federal, actually, but I digress) for years, things I've no interest in IC and OOC are easily avoided by "I've no interest in such things", fashion and the film industry being among them. Each their own though. You seem to have revived your Caldari toon and going strong, so again, best of luck and enjoy o7  ;)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #51 on: 24 May 2012, 05:15 »

Reducing gallente to the entertainment industry sounds a little... well... reductive.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #52 on: 24 May 2012, 06:38 »

The issue in this case was that by knowing nothing about it, the character was confronted with things that there was really no reasonable way they could have not been exposed to before.

Without living in a locked room without access to GalNet or other people, that is...
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #53 on: 24 May 2012, 07:04 »

The issue in this case was that by knowing nothing about it, the character was confronted with things that there was really no reasonable way they could have not been exposed to before.

Without living in a locked room without access to GalNet or other people, that is...

Precisely, thanks MorLag.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #54 on: 24 May 2012, 08:48 »

What things ?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran

Lyn Farel

« Reply #56 on: 24 May 2012, 11:11 »

I don't see the issue with some gallente idealistic enough to believe otherwise...

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #57 on: 24 May 2012, 11:44 »

That's cool, Lyn.

It doesn't really matter though, I'm not playing that character because I don't want to.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2012, 11:47 by Malcolm Khross »

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
« Reply #58 on: 28 May 2012, 06:43 »

This beagle is very happy to see you back!

:cube:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]