Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lutin lights are sometimes seen by ships approaching the Iyen-Oursta stargate. Many Minmatar slaves believe that seeing the lights means their firstborn son will be blessed with freedom. Read more here.

Author Topic: Re: Where do you stand politically?  (Read 1105 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Where do you stand politically?
« on: 26 May 2010, 10:28 »

Which is kinda sad, but what can you do? When life hands you shit. . .

...smear it all over the walls!
This seems to be a literal shitpost ><

I take it Kaleigh is just too lame now to post intelligently? Is that the deal? 'Cause if this is what we're getting out of you, stop posting.

---

[admin]Please do not attack other members.  Or troll.  Etc.-Havo[/admin]

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2010, 21:22 »

I really like the less thoughtful libertarianism in this thread lately, the 'rattling tin-can full of shell casings' kind. It's always cute when someone consistently fails to grasp their own propensity for invalidly constructing false social choices for themselves to reject etc

What? If you're trying to disagree, disagree. Don't post smarmy crap.
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2010, 21:24 by Mammal Tafren »

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2010, 22:38 »

[mod]No personal attacks on other members, no flaming.[/mod]

I really like the less thoughtful libertarianism in this thread lately, the 'rattling tin-can full of shell casings' kind. It's always cute when someone consistently fails to grasp their own propensity for invalidly constructing false social choices for themselves to reject or acquiesce to.

agreeance
Don't.

Oh and on the topic of social programs, I support them as long as we get the 50% of US citizens who get back in refunds more than they pay actually have to pay taxes.

I am one of those people, and it is frustrating as fuck that I do not contribute. Which is one of the reasons that I refuse 100% of the social programs that I am eligible for.
Do your kids go to school? Will they ever?

The benefits aren't for you, functional alcoholic PTSD guy. They're for the rest of us so you don't stand as strong a chance of becoming a disease carrier or breeding schizo kids. Anyone at a level of income below the poverty line has a goddamn duty to their country to try to use the available resources to contribute, and not carrying tuberculosis is a contribution. So is raising kids less likely to.

Claiming you wish to contribute to society and recognizing that you can do so in non-economic ways on the one hand (for example, by participating in a dialectic that aims to improve society) while maintaining that the only thing worth mentioning as a contribution that earns you a benefit proffered by that society to you on moral grounds on the other hand is a double standard, a categorical error, a cake both had and eaten. The coast guard goes out in a hurricane to rescue idiots that don't follow evacuation orders not just because they have a moral obligation to save the lives of citizens (or human beings for that matter) - they go out for the arguably weightier and quite humanitarian reason of preventing your bloated corpse from poisoning whatever well it gets lodged in and your kids from being a burden on the foster care system. We have social programs to protect not only the tax base a modern nation is built on, but also the people that government serves.

The only things you're serving by passing up your kids' school lunch program and work placement and healthcare are, respectively, your own pride and entropic decay.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Re: Where do you stand politically?
« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2010, 09:28 »

Removed a comment referring to a now-moderated post.