Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sani Sabik sectarian law-enforcement organization is called the Bleeders, and is a combination of priests and policemen? (The Burning Life, p. 18)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: multiple cloning, backup cloning, and other clone related information  (Read 20164 times)

Lyn Farel

The freelance angle makes sense...it's just that it still runs into the problem of CONCORD having you dead to rights if they really wanted it. That part actually doesn't make sense to me. I mean Veto probably wouldn't exist if that was the case, same with Naraka, Stillwater, and any other pirate sympathizers you wanna name that I cant think of atm. Being an Empire loyalist is easy CONCORD wouldn't have a huge problem with that since they regulate the empires. They wouldn't have a problem with null groups since they pay taxes. Pirate groups don't do either of those..well maybe indirectly through sale of loot, but i doubt that really counts. So then what's CONCORDS reason for letting them do what they do?

No because actually VETO in that case scenario is nothing more than a group of freelances claiming that they like the Guristas. CONCORD doesn't care. The best VETO will do is to kill other capsuleers, and so their sec status will drop temporarily to prevent them harming the high sec economy by wrecking havoc here, and that's it. And pirate capsuleers shooting other capsuleers stimulate economic production and needs. It's rather nice when people are immortal and you can shoot each other freely without much consequences, damned be the crews, they accepted it in the first place right ?

The only thing that doesn't make sense imo is the possible killing of hundreds DED battleships in nullsec though.

So yeah, I explained basically the 2 schools of thoughts on this (and i'm sure you can find the same for most plot holes), both with their pros and cons. The first one being a lot of handwavium but still not enough because there are inconsistencies left. If done correctly it shouldn't, but the issue is that everyone can make up their own. The second one doesn't have that issue, but faces directly the game inconsistencies and tends to makes loyalist RP a bit absurd... so... vOv

( now we are at it that's maybe part of why people don't play loyalists anymore... )

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.

I highly doubt the police would let the town delinquents  run down the streets breaking out car windows cause it's good for the local economy since they have a glass plant in town....
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Except VETO did eventually join the Guristas.

And 'pirate' actors have on multiple occasions both outright supported, encouraged, and recognized pirate loyalist capsuleers.

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver

Eh until I see it written down or in a chronicle I won't pay anything no mind. As was said before, many mmos run into this problem where game mechanics are a wall to "Sane and rational actors" like the people who go on a murdering spree in WoW because NPC guards don't act on them.

Before you ask yes, a guild legit thought they could get away with that stuff until people just blocked them. I feel this is the same thing, if pilots could see all the sites then what would be the point in scanning in the first place? -EVERYTHING- has been seen, dissected, and turned into a 12 page paper on how to make money on this 10 year+ old game. To expect this game to hold up to lore or what people want to rp 100% of the time is stupid and quite frankly if you don't like how someone is RPing you have two options: destroy their sandcastle in space, or do the slightly more grown up thing and take your blocks then go home.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Eh until I see it written down or in a chronicle I won't pay anything no mind. As was said before, many mmos run into this problem where game mechanics are a wall to "Sane and rational actors" like the people who go on a murdering spree in WoW because NPC guards don't act on them.

Before you ask yes, a guild legit thought they could get away with that stuff until people just blocked them. I feel this is the same thing, if pilots could see all the sites then what would be the point in scanning in the first place? -EVERYTHING- has been seen, dissected, and turned into a 12 page paper on how to make money on this 10 year+ old game. To expect this game to hold up to lore or what people want to rp 100% of the time is stupid and quite frankly if you don't like how someone is RPing you have two options: destroy their sandcastle in space, or do the slightly more grown up thing and take your blocks then go home.

People have different thresholds for expecting certain amounts of lore consistency and attention to detail.

Saying people should have x level of expectations because 'game' is a long road as well

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain

People have different thresholds for expecting certain amounts of lore consistency and attention to detail.

Saying people should have x level of expectations because 'game' is a long road as well

It is, but I would like to think we are all rational and adult enough to overlook some things that we don't agree on so we can have more RP of more varieties. I completely believe that even frigates have crew, but if Ava talks to me about hers not having any Simca isn't going to call her out on it. I'd rather have RP even if I do have to handwave some stuff as not have any or very little cause I'm a nazi about this that or the other lorewise.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

I'm with you, but I handwave with a bit of eyeroll added :P

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread

I love how you did that in TBL, by the way.  :cube:
Silas Vitalia blinks in with a slightly grainy VR representation, tapping her fingers with impatience as she scans the crowd > ...The things I do... Mr. Biko, are you here?
[..]
Silas Vitalia returns to the main room on the way out
 Silas Vitalia > Allright, you people have fun with your mechanical exploding hookers or whatever the hell it is you people do in here. Ciao!
Silas Vitalia blinks out
-OOChé

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

I love how you did that in TBL, by the way.  :cube:
Silas Vitalia blinks in with a slightly grainy VR representation, tapping her fingers with impatience as she scans the crowd > ...The things I do... Mr. Biko, are you here?
[..]
Silas Vitalia returns to the main room on the way out
 Silas Vitalia > Allright, you people have fun with your mechanical exploding hookers or whatever the hell it is you people do in here. Ciao!
Silas Vitalia blinks out

Gods I had forgotten about that....whole thing

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing

From a certain point of view, that time that Zhek Kromturr got banned, is a demonstration of CONCORD acting against multiple linked bodies controlled by one mind.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain

From a certain point of view, that time that Zhek Kromturr got banned, is a demonstration of CONCORD acting against multiple linked bodies controlled by one mind.

I've never heard of this person.
Care to give some details?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

I've never heard of this person.
Care to give some details?

http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1291641

That guy.
\o/

Ember Vykos

• Pod Captain

Oohhhh...I remember him.
I remember that pic anyway.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain

And 'pirate' actors have on multiple occasions both outright supported, encouraged, and recognized pirate loyalist capsuleers.

And certain Empire faction loyalists, too. I only have a short list, but I'm reasonably certain that NPC actors have made it canon that PIE is directly affiliated with the Empire, I-Red is directly affiliated with Ishukone and Pyre Falcon is directly affiliated with KK.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

And certain Empire faction loyalists, too. I only have a short list, but I'm reasonably certain that NPC actors have made it canon that PIE is directly affiliated with the Empire, I-Red is directly affiliated with Ishukone and Pyre Falcon is directly affiliated with KK.

Yup. Basically independent capsuleers are super serial to the powers that be and they love us and care about us all the time :P

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13