Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your clones have your DNA, but not until you've been in them a while? For more information see the Cloning Scientific Article

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [Character] Gwen Ikiryo (Revised)  (Read 7186 times)

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
Re: [Character] Gwen Ikiryo
« Reply #30 on: 03 Apr 2013, 19:35 »

I really like this a lot! I like the way you address questions of humanity and post-humanity in your blog that most other people tend to take for granted.

I do have a question about Gwen's original background, though. Gwen's father transferred assets to small corporations that he owned, and shifted the corporations to be GalFed-based, correct? Why did he then return to Achura and accept a devastating demotion, instead of simply leaving the State along with the corporations he owned? I think the fact that he didn't do this probably points to some interesting core values on his part.

You're half right. Achura, as I understand it, has a very traditional and internally focused society that is in many ways divorced from the rest of the cluster, and even the State. Very few people ever leave, meaning the culture is essentially unique. As a result, ties - both spiritual and social - are likely very deep, and hard to walk away from, if one would even consider the notion. Gwen's family especially is very old and pretty wealthy, with her father at the head of it.

So I figured in spite of his personal greed and lack of "honor", and slightly more cosmopolitan thinking then most, the idea of utterly abandoning hundreds of years worth of family roots - and walking out of the social context that he's existed in for his entire life - would be essentially unthinkable to him.

...Also, though, you should take all the information from the bio with a grain of salt. Not only did I intend for it to be only the stuff that people could dig up ICLy (Which would obviously be missing a lot of important details) But it's also LONG due for a revising with a few changes I made back in January. Which I keep putting off. For some reason. (For instance, I've since shortened the amount of time Gwen spent at the mining colony as an infant from 6 years to only a single year.)

And I appreciate your compliment! I worry that I'm probably treading old ground with a lot of it, but I've just been trying to go with what I feel would be on my characters mind.
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2013, 19:42 by Gwen Ikiryo »

Anslol

« Reply #31 on: 04 Apr 2013, 06:44 »

Your avatar is not helping me resist fluffling and cuddling Gwen at all.  :|

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #32 on: 11 Apr 2013, 08:55 »

To those of you who were asking about the blog, I'm back to posting, again.

In reterospect, I probably should've quit roleplaying Gwen the past few weeks while I've been swamped. I feel like my quality of my RP has suffered a bit. Oh well!

Anslol

« Reply #33 on: 11 Apr 2013, 09:25 »

DON'T YOU DARE QUIT!

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #34 on: 11 Apr 2013, 10:59 »

To those of you who were asking about the blog, I'm back to posting, again.

:cube:
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #35 on: 23 Jul 2013, 12:58 »

While feeling bored, I made what Gwen might have looked like if her father had married an Achur rather then a filthy foreigner.

Is this why Gwen seems to disillusioned with State culture? Because she was picked on and beaten down for being of mixed descent?

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #36 on: 23 Jul 2013, 17:19 »

Is this why Gwen seems to disillusioned with State culture? Because she was picked on and beaten down for being of mixed descent?

No, that's not the reason. Gwen passes as a pure-blooded Achur with not much difficulty (you're not supposed to be able to tell), so it doesn't affect her much externally - Although she does feel a lot of bitterness and shame about it internally.

But the reasons she is irked by Caldari culture are a lot more complicated.
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2013, 17:35 by Gwen Ikiryo »

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #37 on: 09 Apr 2015, 06:15 »

I decided to update this in the hopes of getting myself a little excited about RP in this game again, and, woah, this bio sucked! It's amazing how embarassing my writing was only 3 years ago. I've gone back and revised it, and added new information. Also retconned a few tiny things. Will probably do a seperate pass later.

I'm also pretty embarassed about that blog, so I'm probably going to throw that out in a few weeks.

Lyn Farel

Re: [Character] Gwen Ikiryo (Revised)
« Reply #38 on: 09 Apr 2015, 07:05 »

I liked that bio, you added a lot of things and tidbits that give a lot of character. =)

Anskek

Re: [Character] Gwen Ikiryo (Revised)
« Reply #39 on: 09 Apr 2015, 11:19 »

Gwen Ikiryo best Ikiryo.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #40 on: 09 Apr 2015, 13:34 »

I decided to update this in the hopes of getting myself a little excited about RP in this game again, and, woah, this bio sucked! It's amazing how embarassing my writing was only 3 years ago. I've gone back and revised it, and added new information. Also retconned a few tiny things. Will probably do a seperate pass later.

I'm also pretty embarassed about that blog, so I'm probably going to throw that out in a few weeks.

New bio is great.

Speaking for myself, I actually enjoyed the blog posts when you were doing them. I liked the repeated promises/attempts of "I'm going to keep this short" followed up with a similarly-repeated complete failure to do so - it's very similar to my own writing, and Gwen's perspective, especially on some events I'd either been part of or associated with was an interesting one to read.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 2 [3]