Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Guristas pirate organization was started by two deserters from the Caldari navy? Fatal and the Rabbit?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: EoM Thread for real this time.  (Read 5520 times)

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
Re: EoM Thread for real this time.
« Reply #15 on: 17 Oct 2012, 11:57 »

Yeah Ishtvaan, what Jev said, not to mention I wasn't making much of a calculus As I was busy FCing and shooting at it and all at the same time.

Also, recent development, Boma is out at large again, and it seems some Sani Sabik group set him free. Another chance for people to get involved instead of moaning around numbers. Aldrith and Mitara were doinitright.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 17 Oct 2012, 13:01 »

Seems to me to be in extremely poor taste
Aldrith and Mitara were doinitright.

* Mitara Newelle is so confused LOL.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #17 on: 17 Oct 2012, 13:02 »

Well, if you see it as 'moaning about numbers' I'll just stop the theory crafting right there, but I have no IC reason nor momentum to do more than say 'Oh my how terrible' to a few friends over the regular feeds due to distance/politics/all that.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #18 on: 17 Oct 2012, 13:04 »

Hmm, ships crashing into planets would be pretty sweet feature in DUST 514. Unforunately the level of devastation would probably eliminate the 'renewable battleground' aspect the game would require for stability.

Hmmm maybe in water worlds and such?
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #19 on: 17 Oct 2012, 13:09 »

This may be a juncture to 'talk about it in another thread' or otherwise discuss it in greater depth but I have it on good, non-NDA protected authority that CCP are 'looking into crashed ships as map features'.  Now if they are event driven (IE a chance for large enough ships to provide a scattering of wreckage all the way up to a full on crippled hulk being beached, should they be taken out in orbit by defenses or whatever) that would be nice - But atm all we have is a vague hint of 'yeah, cool stuff like that *thumbs up*' from the grape vine. 

Still, it would add even more weight to events like this one here - and also the 'disappearance' of wrecks once a district has changed hands or otherwise been in a state of stability for some time, can be hand waved with the 'salvage drones' examples CCp are already inserting into the client-facing dust fiction portal. 

That's all I have on that front, but I'd love to spin some ideas for 'Features and Discussion' with some like minded hopefuls.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 17 Oct 2012, 14:39 »

Oh man, that'd be kind of awesome.

Imagine a Dust mission where the capsuleer ship you rely on for orbital fire support gets shot down, makes planetfall, and you have to extract the capsuleer from the still-exploding-in-places wreckage, because he can't suicide properly due to pod damage.

Imagine if sometimes, instead of being aloof untouchable sky gods, capsuleers needed to be rescued by Dusties when things went balls up.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 17 Oct 2012, 14:56 »

Oh man, that'd be kind of awesome.

Imagine a Dust mission where the capsuleer ship you rely on for orbital fire support gets shot down, makes planetfall, and you have to extract the capsuleer from the still-exploding-in-places wreckage, because he can't suicide properly due to pod damage.

Imagine if sometimes, instead of being aloof untouchable sky gods, capsuleers needed to be rescued by Dusties when things went balls up.

This would be easy to set up.   Any pvp battles on grid with a planet, any destroyed ships, your pods are removed from grid and placed in a server 'holding pattern' while the next available pvp match in Dust loads you in as the 'RESCUE / KILL ' VIP'

You stay in 'stasis' on grid until the pvp dust match is over.  Team A wins, you are rescued for a fee and returned to nearest station.  Team B wins, you are podded.

Cue awesome cutscene.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #22 on: 17 Oct 2012, 14:59 »

This involves taking EVE players and saying "Hi, the server says you can't do anything", which is boring, and hence not a good thing for retaining EVE players.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #23 on: 17 Oct 2012, 15:03 »

If crew ever became a stat bonusing item, they would be ideal for kill/rescue DUST missions on planets.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 17 Oct 2012, 15:18 »

This involves taking EVE players and saying "Hi, the server says you can't do anything", which is boring, and hence not a good thing for retaining EVE players.

I'd look at it more like a short 'time out' after losing a ship. A penalty where you get a 50/50 chance to not be podded instead of probably losing that pod.

Also any number of graphics or video feeds they could provide client side to increase the tension and drama :)

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #25 on: 17 Oct 2012, 15:29 »

I don't think that a time out is going to go down well with quite a lot of players, as much as I like anything that adds to the realism of the game.  However, the 'salvage rights' over a piece of technology like that, even after it has fallen from orbit, might be worth fighting over.

From the other side, it'd be nice if eventually warbarges could be destroyed, and to lift 'assets committed' from the ground (such as reserved tanks in a base, for example, or MCC assets) you have to remain in orbit with carriers/super carriers to take on as much as you can in some kind of base defence extraction scenario.  i want the extremes of both sides of this symbiotic relationship and everything in between to be visited in time!

Leopold Caine

• Egger
« Reply #26 on: 17 Oct 2012, 16:36 »

Sup Silas. Heard Boma is under your jurisdisction nows.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 17 Oct 2012, 17:08 »

we haz the bomaz.

There might be pew for those wishing to steal him back.

Or bearing that we shall see :)

Leopold Caine

• Egger
« Reply #28 on: 17 Oct 2012, 17:27 »

gtfo, we still haz teh Kyonoke component

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 17 Oct 2012, 17:38 »

I can haz trades?