Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Faster than Light Communication is regulated by CONCORD? Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Baseliner Support Discussion!  (Read 2534 times)

Streya

• Egger
Re: Baseliner Support Discussion!
« Reply #15 on: 28 Oct 2012, 21:00 »

I would imagine Shiroh would hire enough baseliners to crew his ships by luring them in with promises of quick kredits that come along with the mercenary lifestyle. In terms of support personnel, we're really only talking about corporate office upkeep and the like. Perhaps twenty per office, tops?

For ship repairs and hangar maintenance, he leaves that to the station's workers. They're already there and are getting paid every time I right-click > Get Repair Quote. No sense in hiring on more people than you absolutely need to, in Shiroh's mind.

In total we're talking about less than a thousand people here, for this character.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #16 on: 29 Oct 2012, 05:33 »

Theres actually been some thought on this in SYNE, but still mostly just an undefined mass behind the scenes. We do definitely have, and theres been some high profile interactions, a component of infantry. Although, incoming DUST may render that an exercise in futility.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Gesakaarin

« Reply #17 on: 29 Oct 2012, 06:37 »

I think a question I've asked myself is, as a capsuleer, how far do you trust your valued employees? In that, all those people that need to be hired and probably beneath your notice are also capable of potentially ruining your day. The disgruntled clone technician who takes a copy out of yourself for some quality time; the research assistant who decides to one day run off with your datacores; the crewman paid by the competition to plant a discrete shaped plasma charge against an internal bulkhead.

It's interesting to try and see just how paranoid a capsuleer can get in trying to protect themselves against myriad personnel threats and just how they decide who they can trust.

Although it probably works best in fiction rather than having to stare at some screen managing the movement of people around a scattered capsuleer empire or something.
Pages: 1 [2]