Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "Perfection ain't all it's cracked up to be" is an Angel Cartel saying? (Region Description)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: After TonyG... then what?  (Read 8364 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: After TonyG... then what?
« Reply #45 on: 15 May 2013, 12:28 »

Remove ship size restrictions from plexes, or remove plexes and change the capture system entirely.

Porting over the existing FW mechanics would be horribad IMO.  There should be a range of activity. Perhaps keep the existing system for the Empires' proxy war, and make it scary and terrible for the pirate invasion border conflicts.

I'd prefer it if any new pirate FW system maintained the current lowsec ship types (generally BCs and up), instead of downgrading.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #46 on: 15 May 2013, 12:52 »

Why not all of them ?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #47 on: 15 May 2013, 13:05 »

Remove ship size restrictions from plexes, or remove plexes and change the capture system entirely...

...I'd prefer it if any new pirate FW system maintained the current lowsec ship types (generally BCs and up), instead of downgrading.

Translation - you want to keep your cozy well-tanked BC pirate gangs with low-chance of ship losses instead of risking your necks in something smaller and more squishy, and removing any use for anything smaller for anyone else. Who needs cruisers or frigates for the smaller plexes/whatever when all you need is a huge fleet of battlecruisers?

No thanks. The size-limits on plexes was one of the major bonuses of FW when I played it. T3 cruiser in local, with known booster? He's not getting into your cruiser or below plex in that thing, don't worry. He has to engage you on more equal terms than bringing the biggest and baddest.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #48 on: 15 May 2013, 13:21 »

If people would want to avoid "mandatory" limited complex running, then you could always make them optional for system status, instead tying captures to affect the system in other ways, like giving bonuses or penalties. This would allow to keep (and possibly even expand) the "terrain in space" function the complexes have.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #49 on: 15 May 2013, 13:52 »

Remove ship size restrictions from plexes, or remove plexes and change the capture system entirely...

...I'd prefer it if any new pirate FW system maintained the current lowsec ship types (generally BCs and up), instead of downgrading.

Translation - you want to keep your cozy well-tanked BC pirate gangs with low-chance of ship losses instead of risking your necks in something smaller and more squishy, and removing any use for anything smaller for anyone else. Who needs cruisers or frigates for the smaller plexes/whatever when all you need is a huge fleet of battlecruisers?

No thanks. The size-limits on plexes was one of the major bonuses of FW when I played it. T3 cruiser in local, with known booster? He's not getting into your cruiser or below plex in that thing, don't worry. He has to engage you on more equal terms than bringing the biggest and baddest.

This, basically, is the point of Faction Warfare. Removing it would basically be making low-sec indistinguishable from null and wormhole space. If you want to play 'the price is right' then there are LOTS of available venues.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #50 on: 15 May 2013, 17:15 »

I believe the intent of FW was to provide a nice place for new pilots to try PvP.

I don't know if they succeeded but I still think that's good thing. Allowing larger ships would certainly not align with that goal.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #51 on: 15 May 2013, 17:38 »

Remove ship size restrictions from plexes, or remove plexes and change the capture system entirely.

Porting over the existing FW mechanics would be horribad IMO.  There should be a range of activity. Perhaps keep the existing system for the Empires' proxy war, and make it scary and terrible for the pirate invasion border conflicts.

I'd prefer it if any new pirate FW system maintained the current lowsec ship types (generally BCs and up), instead of downgrading.
I want to see your lossboard if you think opening up plexes to larger boats with Snuff/SC/et all around will bring gudfites. Hotdrop the ALL the buttans!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #52 on: 15 May 2013, 18:08 »

The current FW areas provide gameplay to satisfy pvp within certain restricted shiptypes and allows for capturing mechanics and bonuses for the victors.

Null sec provides gameplay with unrestricted ship types and allows for capturing mechanics and bonuses for the victors.

All other lowsec does neither of these things.  My proposal is that this should be filled with a middle ground version of Fac Warfare which basically restricts some capital warfare.

My proposal does not suggest changing the current FW systems or gameplay. I think there should be, and should continue to be, small-ship specific pvp locations.  The current FW systems provide this and aside from capture mechanics, etc it's great that this is a thing. More of that.

My proposal was for NEW FW locations to have different gameplay.

Bloodbird you have some nerve. You are bitter and aggressive, kindly chill out.  You know exactly squat about my gameplay, who I'm shooting at, who is shooting at me, and the gameplay that goes on in my area.  I put more ISK and assets at risk nearly every time I PVP than most people on this board do in a six months ship losses. There's nothing cozy about it, so you can shut right up with your judgments.

Unlike plenty of people in these parts, I try not to knock people for their chosen gameplay. If you like pvping in frigates, that's super. If you like shooting people in Titans, also super. 

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #53 on: 15 May 2013, 19:39 »

Right. I see I misunderstood you. Sorry for that. I'd like them to add stuff to normal low-sec as well.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #54 on: 15 May 2013, 19:44 »

Its fine, I just think we should be adding more types of gameplay. Its a big galaxy with lots of different things to do!

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #55 on: 15 May 2013, 19:55 »

The current FW areas provide gameplay to satisfy pvp within certain restricted shiptypes and allows for capturing mechanics and bonuses for the victors.

Null sec provides gameplay with unrestricted ship types and allows for capturing mechanics and bonuses for the victors.

All other lowsec does neither of these things.  My proposal is that this should be filled with a middle ground version of Fac Warfare which basically restricts some capital warfare.

My proposal does not suggest changing the current FW systems or gameplay. I think there should be, and should continue to be, small-ship specific pvp locations.  The current FW systems provide this and aside from capture mechanics, etc it's great that this is a thing. More of that.

My proposal was for NEW FW locations to have different gameplay.

Bloodbird you have some nerve. You are bitter and aggressive, kindly chill out.  You know exactly squat about my gameplay, who I'm shooting at, who is shooting at me, and the gameplay that goes on in my area.  I put more ISK and assets at risk nearly every time I PVP than most people on this board do in a six months ship losses. There's nothing cozy about it, so you can shut right up with your judgments.

Unlike plenty of people in these parts, I try not to knock people for their chosen gameplay. If you like pvping in frigates, that's super. If you like shooting people in Titans, also super.
O...Kay. Still not onboard with Lowsec supers taking part, but w/e.

I still disagree strongly with your suggestion that all of Lowsec should become vulnerable in this. If the FacWar militias and the YarrWar militias have split lowsec between them, it still means that the mighty MilBlob will squat on what has previously been small gang and (yes, it's real) solo pirate turf, and effectively strangle them, as we have seen happen in FacWar regions. FacWar has shown us that even if you place all manner of limitations on plexes, the blob still blobs. We'd still need regions free of the war, where the commerce-raiding, missioner-tackling, and neighborly solo/small-gang-warring could thrive.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #56 on: 15 May 2013, 20:18 »

Bloodbird you have some nerve.

As do you, though in your defense you may not be aware and your not the only one. I am way to sleepy tonight but I'll be around later to elaborate.

Look to an edit of this post some time later, assuming the involved topic has not been cata'ed by then.

*EDIT*

I'll try and make this short as it will be a bit of a de-rail.

1) You Silas and Creep specifically has over the last few days given me the impression, in this tread and elsewhere, that your specific opinion on piracy, anti-piracy, FW etc. are along the lines of "Pirates are good/skilled/daring, anti-pies/FW players are blobbers/unskilled/generally bad" - a legitimate opinion to hold, if actual, but very condemning and likely biased by your experiences and beliefs.

2) When you propose then (as it seemed at the time) to alter FW to cater to bigger and more easily tanked hulls exclusively it seemed to me you wanted to cater FW to your own (supposed) ways by means of ships somewhat less likely to die to often. You can likely see how this would be taken as a bad thing, coming from someone that - apparently - thinks very little of FW players and non-pirates in general.

3) How often you PVP, with who, where, in what and losing whatever is completely irrelevant to my statement in the previous post. You try not to "knock people for their chosen gameplay"? That's great, except to me that's what your doing, though as stated perhaps not consciously. My own experience with pirates from years back when I was anti-pie'in in low-sec and more recently in FW has left me the impression pirates don't shy away from the 'blobby' game-style of large numbers of large ships either, pretty much pulling the rug from under any arguments you can make to the contrary - ergo, I am too biased by my experiences in this field.

Finally, with this bit of post out of the way I'll end this with the statement that having now read your clarification on desires (adding your proposal as a new and different thing to a new FW system as opposed to totally altering everything) things are indeed more clear, even if I think the biggest, unrestricted plexes give what you propose already. If there is anything more you want to say to me, consider mail or having a mod split our particular inputs to a new tread, I try not to de-rail to much these days  ;)
« Last Edit: 16 May 2013, 10:55 by BloodBird »

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #57 on: 15 May 2013, 20:56 »

I want someone to leak an CN/IW/CPF file(s) on Gariushi & Reppola to the Scope.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #58 on: 16 May 2013, 00:24 »

If they've done their thing right, there are no Ishukone Watch records on Otro Gariushi (at least before "became the CEO of Ishukone") and Menenden Reppola's records are probably at most uninteresting until participating on a daring raid to kill the rogue admiral Bane deep in Pure Blind, and then transferring to command the Ishukone Watch. Admitted, while Mens's history probably keeps mostly water, Gariushi's one has holes in it. That 25 million ISK bounty he had would have been noticed by quite a few bounty hunters, many of which would probably remember.

Similarly, the editor mentioned in The Better Part of Valor is listed as a Practical. So there is a chance that at some point, the old Home Guard records for one T. Heth will leak. And man, he was placed on station duty - which is the Caldari equivalent for being stationed to Greenland, with the added bonus of extremely cramped quarters - and was then thrown out.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #59 on: 16 May 2013, 09:02 »

1) You Silas and Creep specifically has over the last few days given me the impression, in this tread and elsewhere, that your specific opinion on piracy, anti-piracy, FW etc. are along the lines of "Pirates are good/skilled/daring, anti-pies/FW players are blobbers/unskilled/generally bad" - a legitimate opinion to hold, if actual, but very condemning and likely biased by your experiences and beliefs.
Correction: Most Pirates are — by and large — ganky, mediocre, or, at best, risk-averse.
My entire line of argument is: Pirates tend to fly small gang because there are few of them, while militias blob because there are a shitload of them. Militias and pirates do not co-exist well, because one is always able to swamp the other with sheer numbers, regardless of the skill-level of either side.

I suspect Silas will agree with me to some degree on this.

EDIT: I would also love for scrutiny to be placed upon Gariushi. I'm constantly amused by the "he was a man of peace, a hero, and a humanitarian!" stuff that gets thrown around, with the OOC knowledge of his piracy, presumed use of slave labor during the Crielere Project, and his general shady way of operating.
Besides, he is by far one of the cooler characters in the EVE universe.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2013, 09:05 by Creep »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6