Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small robots called "cleaner bugs" are used to keep space station areas free of refuse? (The Burning Life p. 74)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones  (Read 5905 times)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: A Game of Thrones
« Reply #45 on: 28 Jul 2012, 17:39 »

While there are some disappointing moments in the second season, Im still amazed the whole series isnt a shit-fest. 

Takes some balls to try to adapt this series to a TV format.  Its flat out amazing they did it well.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Lyn Farel

« Reply #46 on: 29 Jul 2012, 04:46 »

Hrm.  Well, I think they've made things that were subtle in the book more overt in the tv show.  Obviously a lot is down to interpretation, but personally I never saw Margaery as innocent in the slightest.  She seemed to be playing the game pretty well to me.  (Certainly to Cersei's disadvantage).

She plays it well because of her entourage me thinks, especially Olenna Tyrell (and Mace Tyrell, both in the background/shadows). She is the innocent kind but not stupid or immature either, unlike Sansa, which tries to learn things that Margaery already knows. We will probably learn more about her in the 6th book.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #47 on: 16 Aug 2012, 23:52 »

Overall, I think the show's done an excellent job of reinterpreting the books onto the screen, and most of the changes in Season 2 make sense IMO given the difference between the mediums (and the budget). If there was one thing that disappointed me, it was that they let Robb's and Catelyn's relationship erupt into open conflict over her setting Jaime free. The way he forgave her for doing so only to use that gesture to corner her into accepting his change of marriage plans was one of my favorite scenes in the book, and I was disappointed to see the TV show go another way. Stannis and Melissandre having sex was also completely unnecessary in my opinion, and only served to cheapen Stannis as a character. Other than that, it was good. Even Ygritte came off as an interesting character, whereas in the books she was just annoying.

On the subject of Renly's and Loras' relationship, it's never explicitly described in the books, but it's still fairly obvious. On one occasion Jaime even threatens to take Loras' sword away from him and "shove it into a place even Renly never found."
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #48 on: 19 Aug 2012, 12:26 »

I love Brienne of Tarth. Big dumb galoot, no eyebrows, can kill anyone through displays of berserk Orc-like violence.

[spoiler]I can't wait for the 3rd season. If I'm right, it should start with Joffrey dying. I hope that little shit gets the most humiliating death possible, complete with post-mortem bowel loosening. Respect to the actor for making the character so insufferably loathsome that I will cheer the dying of a child on screen.[/spoiler]

edit: spoilered
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2012, 15:51 by hellgremlin »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #49 on: 19 Aug 2012, 14:23 »

[spoiler]
I can't wait for the 3rd season. If I'm right, it should start with Joffrey dying. I hope that little shit gets the most humiliating death possible, complete with post-mortem bowel loosening. Respect to the actor for making the character so insufferably loathsome that I will cheer the dying of a child on screen.

Knowing the story makes it very hard not to tell. Especially with Joffrey. [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2012, 10:37 by Silver Night »

Desiderya

« Reply #50 on: 19 Aug 2012, 15:38 »

While I do know what'll happen as well, I'd stilll ask to use spoiler tags for things to come - I don't think someone who wants to discuss what has happened until now necessarily wants to read all the juicy details of ze future. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]