Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vitoc is the antidote to a deadly toxin, not the poison itself?  For more information see Vitoc.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: The Alignment System Game!  (Read 30506 times)

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
Re: The Alignment System Game!
« Reply #150 on: 24 Jun 2013, 14:36 »

I like how people are unsure about Synthia.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #151 on: 25 Jun 2013, 02:29 »

That's really easy, Synthia is totally mono-Black.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #152 on: 25 Jun 2013, 02:50 »

Veikitamo Gesakaarin - Lawful Evil: As a former Caldari State corporate lawyer she is a philosophical adherent of Legalism, in addition to being staunchly nationalist and militarist. As such she is a strong believer that the law is the only true path to achieve a functional meritocracy in civil society. She is willing to use whatever means necessary to achieve the ends of a strong and stable society, and her acts of evil that she commits are fully justified and rationalized as noble deeds in service to the State and Kaalakiota.

Using Saede's system I would say her core values are: Power, Security, Conformity and Tradition.

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #153 on: 25 Jun 2013, 03:20 »

I have no idea about Haelete;

At her core she strives to be benevolent but has a strong sadistic streak.

She attempts to be a universalist but is a staunch racist and fundamentally this is mutually exclusive to her Amarrian beliefs.

She largely lives by self-direction and independence but desires to be nurtured and guided.

She at times vilifies excess yet has a strong penchant for hedonistic pleasures.

She can show fierce loyalty but also lie ruthlessly to those closest to her.

I'd be loathe to pin her as a True Neutral because very few characters can accurately call themselves True Neutral. Chaotic Neutral may be more apt but she can express Lawful qualities. I'm not so sure due to the extreme amount of dissonance she acts with.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #154 on: 25 Jun 2013, 03:27 »

Use Schwartz-based system, it's easier for that kind of case, though flawed characters (at the contrary of hypocritical ones) are hard to pin down since they have ideals they eventually always fail to apply to themselves.

I would say especially at her core, Sybaritic, Autonomous, Ascendent, and at her ideals Righteous (recently acquired), Orthodox. The True Neutral transforms into Pragmatic, and she is probably not that.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #155 on: 25 Jun 2013, 09:43 »

Use Schwartz-based system, it's easier for that kind of case, though flawed characters (at the contrary of hypocritical ones) are hard to pin down since they have ideals they eventually always fail to apply to themselves.

I would say especially at her core, Sybaritic, Autonomous, Ascendent, and at her ideals Righteous (recently acquired), Orthodox. The True Neutral transforms into Pragmatic, and she is probably not that.

Yeah that sums her up decently I think.

Using Saede's system I would say her core values are: Power, Security, Conformity and Tradition.

That would put her in Ascendant and Orthodox.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #156 on: 12 Feb 2014, 07:06 »

Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #157 on: 12 Feb 2014, 08:21 »

Necro skills, Saede, necro skills.

Also, I have no idea what alignment system to use to make a post. So, yeah, I guess I'll do it from a five year old perspective. Jace can be a meanieface. Brock is Mr. Funtime Sad Clown.

Edit: I don't really mind alignment stuff, I just find D&D's very lacking and WoD's does not translate out of gameplay. So, yeah. I'll let others decide my characters' alignments.
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2014, 08:59 by Jace/Brock »

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
« Reply #158 on: 12 Feb 2014, 12:16 »

Necro skills, Saede, necro skills.

Also, I have no idea what alignment system to use to make a post. So, yeah, I guess I'll do it from a five year old perspective. Jace can be a meanieface. Brock is Mr. Funtime Sad Clown.

Edit: I don't really mind alignment stuff, I just find D&D's very lacking and WoD's does not translate out of gameplay. So, yeah. I'll let others decide my characters' alignments.

I always thought alignments, and by extension gameplay morality mechanics, were sort of RP training wheels.  Once you can run a character on straight up background and personality, they become pretty severe limitations.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #159 on: 12 Feb 2014, 12:44 »

Alignments are only limitations when you try to force your character into strictly upholding one. They're fine when treated as a loose definition that can and will change based on a character's actions.

Or in other words: alignments are fine when they are changing to fit the character. They are not fine when the character is changing to fit the alignment.
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2014, 12:46 by Samira Kernher »

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #160 on: 12 Feb 2014, 12:52 »

I actually agree with the result of the test that showed up on the other thread.

Gaven is pretty much exactly lawful neutral. In part because Good/neutral/Evil doesn't really work very well in EVE, whereas Chaotic/Neutral/Lawful does.

But Gaven is a proponent of both the "good" parts of Amarr, and the more moderate "Evil" parts. He certainly *Thinks* he is Lawful Good, but as the player I think that's a bit absurd.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #161 on: 12 Feb 2014, 13:27 »

i was a bit suprised that upon reviewing this thread, i did not add the results of my test...

Got True Neutral......which was kinda surprising, i always thought of Alain Colcer as neutral good, but he is effectively more interested in freedom on many aspects than just the "good moral" ones.

bookmarked the page explaining true neutral philosophy to review later.

Shiki

• Clonejack
« Reply #162 on: 12 Feb 2014, 13:51 »

Shiki got LG, which surprised me since my responses to questions about altruistic acts were generally ambivalent. Was expecting LN.

Guess it goes back to the point made about intent versus action.

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
« Reply #163 on: 12 Feb 2014, 14:06 »

Fun part is, I ran this for my WoW main because he screws with these tests so bad.  He got Neutral-Good, which is a first for him.  He generally ends up lawful to some end or another, and it's the good and evil thing he batters back and forth on.

Apparently, this test doesn't care that you give someone a Chelsea's smile, then tighten a gag into the wounds to make them vomit, and extol his father for information.  It just cares whether you're willing to say you did it and that it wasn't the "wrong" person.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #164 on: 12 Feb 2014, 14:40 »

I didn't even realize there was a test pages back until these recent comments. Jace got Lawful Neutral.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16