Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Adventures of White Lightning" is a Gallentean soap opera.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Story] The Colonists  (Read 4058 times)

Shaalira

• Egger
Re: [Story] The Colonists
« Reply #15 on: 09 Sep 2011, 15:20 »

Personal Log of Mahvash Nour Ykaterina
Entry Date: 06.22.112

The assembly began trepid.  Their appearances, their backgrounds were so vastly different that even two of the same world seemed strange to one another.  Unease marked their gathering, and it was only their deferential respect to the chaplain that had them join hand-in-hand.

Yes, the Chaplain.  It was she who represented why we stood together that moment.  She who bore the raiment of her office, and the symbols of the one true God.

The idea was a simple one.  A special mass was to be held just prior to the transition, and we would join hands in festive hymns as the wormhole overtook our vessel.  The song of our faith would carry us to the new world.

As we gathered, I began to doubt the wisdom of the idea.  Of so many spheres and stars were we, that our dialects clashed in a riot of accent.  How could such strangers form a chorus?

But when the song began, my reservations evaporated.  It was not the disjointed noise that I feared, but a glorious polyphony.  Rather than shatter the notes, our differences were the manifold layers of a rich tonality.  I realized that my worries had been foolish.  We may have been born of different soils - forged of exotic rocks - but beneath crass flesh and bone were souls united.  We were all of the Faith.

The wormhole consumed us as the hymn reached its crescendo.  When the familiar stars vanished, I felt not despair but release.  When alien colors swept the sky, I felt not bewilderment but transformation.

And for the first time since I was small girl chasing fireflies, I felt hope.

Shaalira

• Egger
Re: [Story] The Colonists
« Reply #16 on: 09 Sep 2011, 15:21 »

Mail Server <404error>
Date: 08.15.112, 14:00
To: KLSarpati
Re: -

Included are relevant data segments provided by our informant.  The files should give you insight into the people involved.  The data is almost a month old, but more up-to-date information will be forthcoming. You have the channel and decryption files to receive updates from the insider directly.

They found something, something big.  You can do whatever you like to the survivors.  Full payment will be yours upon delivery of the artifact.  If you need more weapons, the line of credit remains open.

NSL

</end download>
Pages: 1 [2]