Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your clones have your DNA, but not until you've been in them a while? For more information see the Cloning Scientific Article

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: DEV BLOG: The Battle For Caldari Prime v2  (Read 25993 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: DEV BLOG: The Battle For Caldari Prime v2
« Reply #150 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:20 »

Weren't the only one from what I hear. They didn't enforce the node enough. So it's more about the 2000 people feeding information your way than your computer in this case, Kat.

About the predetermined event... We'd probably would've not known about it had CCP actually not derped and released the map early. Now that the titan popped everything is going as they planned to make the Dust map happen. Could be it will remain a hostile warzone for dusters from now on.

PS. *hugs to Kat*

Well, even without the map, the fact that the Gallente brought 3 times as many cap ships as the Caldari had would pretty much have made that clear, as pale a shadow of an actual cap fight as that was.

Mm, that, 8 blap Moroii do bad things. Then again, did anyone actually, honestly, ever since that thing appeared in Luminaire a different outcome to this? Gallente home world is next to the titan, of course it's gonna be overkill show of force - would be very stupid not to. I'd say be happy that people got actually to participate at all. This could have been another downtime news title or a badly written book.

It wasn't the earth shattering dream event everyone had hoped for, sure, but it was a lot better than we've received in past years.What I do think is that this should have been a treat for the Factional Warfare guys instead free for all.

Try 32 Moroses. Thirty. Two.

There were more Moroses than there were Caldari capitals and supercapitals combined.

And of course the Caldari engaged these at point-blank optimal range.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Anslol

« Reply #151 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:21 »

Mm, that, 8 blap Moroii do bad things. Then again, did anyone actually, honestly, ever since that thing appeared in Luminaire a different outcome to this? Gallente home world is next to the titan, of course it's gonna be overkill show of force - would be very stupid not to. I'd say be happy that people got actually to participate at all. This could have been another downtime news title or a badly written book.

It wasn't the earth shattering dream event everyone had hoped for, sure, but it was a lot better than we've received in past years.What I do think is that this should have been a treat for the Factional Warfare guys instead free for all.

Well, like I said, less annoyed by the fact that the outcome was predetermined than that they tried to claim it wasn't. Or that they announced it in advance at all, honestly. Like I said on Twitter, this doesn't make the world feel alive, it makes it feel contrived, which is not the goal the live events team has, I assume.

It would have been nice if it was more structured, but...yeah. CCP wants to do cool stuff but they don't really have the technical ability to do it yet. Why they thought they needed to go full speed ahead with this kind of stuff I don't know, since there's no urgent need to get rid of the titan that I can think of.

PAX East.

Vikarion

« Reply #152 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:22 »

Try 32 Moroses. Thirty. Two.

There were more Moroses than there were Caldari capitals and supercapitals combined.

And of course the Caldari engaged these at point-blank optimal range.

I think I'm having trouble grasping the idea that you guys expected them to do any differently.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #153 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:24 »

PAX East.

I know that. I'm saying, there's no storyline reason they had to rush everything. It's yet another symptom of CCP being addicted to GIANT SHOCKING EVENTS! instead of creating a living world, when they there's obviously technical limitations that make the former difficult with their current capabilities.

Anslol

« Reply #154 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:26 »

PAX East.

I know that. I'm saying, there's no storyline reason they had to rush everything. It's yet another symptom of CCP being addicted to GIANT SHOCKING EVENTS! instead of creating a living world, when they there's obviously technical limitations that make the former difficult with their current capabilities.

Exactly. You're completely right. But...PAX East. Business development. Money. Showing off. Etc etc...they're trying to look like an action movie for 1 day to beat back the spreadsheet stereotype instead of having evolved this all in a more natural way. But, :CCP:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #155 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:27 »

Yess.... yes.... let the hate.... flow through you....

I can feel you anger...goooood..... goooooood

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #156 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:27 »

Also...whoever wrote that NPC dialogue...really? Really?

Anslol

« Reply #157 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:43 »

I don't think he was flame baiting or trolling, I think he was just being funny and trying to get a laugh from everyone.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #158 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:44 »

is the titan lossmail listed ?

i want to see who shot it with civilian guns or other nonsense, just to get on the mail.
\o/

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #159 on: 22 Mar 2013, 14:25 »

Meh, Caldari used to be cool.

No really. I think I will remember this as a part of Tony G's legacy; that he managed to switch position of the most and least popular empire factions with his work. Long gone are the days of an ultra efficient, militaristic and scientific leading society against French hippies.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #160 on: 22 Mar 2013, 14:27 »

is the titan lossmail listed ?

i want to see who shot it with civilian guns or other nonsense, just to get on the mail.

Mail whoring is a noble profession! 

3500mm rez Thrashers ftw (I missed this event, but rvb taught me that sebos are them ost powerful weapons in a cluster****)

Vikarion

« Reply #161 on: 22 Mar 2013, 14:31 »

Meh, Caldari used to be cool.

No really. I think I will remember this as a part of Tony G's legacy; that he managed to switch position of the most and least popular empire factions with his work. Long gone are the days of an ultra efficient, militaristic and scientific leading society against French hippies.

Don't worry, CCP Falcon is carrying on the legacy as best he can.

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #162 on: 22 Mar 2013, 15:42 »

Well this was intresting....

Thanks for the update all  :cube:

Demion

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #163 on: 22 Mar 2013, 15:48 »

I had two characters there, lost three ships and got on a lot of mails.

All in all, had a great time,even if it was 4am.

K_Wiroshoda

• Clonejack
« Reply #164 on: 22 Mar 2013, 15:49 »

Myyona & Vikarion - You would both have it that Gallente Roleplayers are resigned to playing French Hippies, and Caldari Roleplayers get to play as ultra-efficient militarists, in which case?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19