Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Khanids were fellow settlers alongside the Amarrians on Athra, better known today as Amarr Prime? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: DEV BLOG: The Battle For Caldari Prime v2  (Read 25999 times)

Anslol

Re: DEV BLOG: The Battle For Caldari Prime v2
« Reply #135 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:31 »

Dramatic re-enactment:

8) 8) 8)
 8) :P 8)
 8) 8) 8)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
 :evil: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :evil:
 :evil: :ugh: :eek: :ugh: :evil:
 :evil: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :evil:

:evil:     :cry:     :evil:
 :evil:         :cry: :evil:
 :evil: :cry:     :cry: :evil:

This has given me a hearty lol.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #136 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:34 »

Furball still furry.
Also many many goon tears in local, I'm not sure why.

Couldn't possibly be related to missing out on a highsec titan kill. :roll:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vincent Pryce

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #138 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:41 »

Meh. That was...a damp squib. And pretty much the perfect example of reach exceeding grasp.

It seems rather clear that the end result was predetermined. I don't have a problem with that necessarily, but I do have a problem with them trying to claim otherwise.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #139 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:42 »

Are we sure there weren't two outcomes? What was the DUST final total?

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #140 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:43 »

Dust battles will continue all weekend.

Also IMO the event was predetermined as soon as non-RPers heard 'titan km in high-sec'. Once they lifted the gate restrictions and the alliances came in, it was all over for the titan.
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2013, 12:45 by Ciarente »
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #141 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:45 »

Well if there was any doubt in my mind that my computer and internet cannot handle PvP, this proved it.

> Start fighting in Luminaire.
> Freeze.
> Crash to Desktop.
> Log back into Algogille.
> Ganked by people waiting on gate while frozen again.
> Lose pod while still frozen.
> Wake up in station, continue lagging for no reason for another 5 minutes.
> Give up and restart client completely.

http://ishukone-raata.net/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=31627
http://ishukone-raata.net/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=31625
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2013, 12:47 by Katrina Oniseki »

Gorion

• Clonejack
« Reply #142 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:47 »

Titan was going to die no matter what. Dust will decide ownership of the planet, methinks.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #143 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:51 »

Well if there was any doubt in my mind that my computer and internet cannot handle PvP, this proved it.

> Start fighting in Luminaire.
> Freeze.
> Crash to Desktop.
> Log back into Algogille.
> Ganked by people waiting on gate while frozen again.
> Lose pod while still frozen.
> Wake up in station, continue lagging for no reason for another 5 minutes.
> Give up and restart client completely.

http://ishukone-raata.net/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=31627
http://ishukone-raata.net/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=31625

Weren't the only one from what I hear. They didn't enforce the node enough. So it's more about the 2000 people feeding information your way than your computer in this case, Kat.

About the predetermined event... We'd probably would've not known about it had CCP actually not derped and released the map early. Now that the titan popped everything is going as they planned to make the Dust map happen. Could be it will remain a hostile warzone for dusters from now on.

PS. *hugs to Kat*

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #144 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:53 »

Weren't the only one from what I hear. They didn't enforce the node enough. So it's more about the 2000 people feeding information your way than your computer in this case, Kat.

About the predetermined event... We'd probably would've not known about it had CCP actually not derped and released the map early. Now that the titan popped everything is going as they planned to make the Dust map happen. Could be it will remain a hostile warzone for dusters from now on.

PS. *hugs to Kat*

Well, even without the map, the fact that the Gallente brought 3 times as many cap ships as the Caldari had would pretty much have made that clear, as pale a shadow of an actual cap fight as that was.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #145 on: 22 Mar 2013, 12:53 »

*Silas cackles with glee as she hopes all the CCP event bugs are worked out before the Imperial Avatar fleet arrives in orbit over Matar*

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #146 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:00 »

On another note, super fun to see so many actors blapping each other and -things- (tm) happening.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #147 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:11 »

PS. *hugs to Kat*

Well, even without the map, the fact that the Gallente brought 3 times as many cap ships as the Caldari had would pretty much have made that clear, as pale a shadow of an actual cap fight as that was.

Mm, that, 8 blap Moroii do bad things. Then again, did anyone actually, honestly, ever since that thing appeared in Luminaire a different outcome to this? Gallente home world is next to the titan, of course it's gonna be overkill show of force - would be very stupid not to. I'd say be happy that people got actually to participate at all. This could have been another downtime news title or a badly written book.

It wasn't the earth shattering dream event everyone had hoped for, sure, but it was a lot better than we've received in past years.What I do think is that this should have been a treat for the Factional Warfare guys instead free for all.

Vikarion

« Reply #148 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:16 »

Meh. That was...a damp squib. And pretty much the perfect example of reach exceeding grasp.

It seems rather clear that the end result was predetermined. I don't have a problem with that necessarily, but I do have a problem with them trying to claim otherwise.

Told you so.  :P

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #149 on: 22 Mar 2013, 13:18 »

Mm, that, 8 blap Moroii do bad things. Then again, did anyone actually, honestly, ever since that thing appeared in Luminaire a different outcome to this? Gallente home world is next to the titan, of course it's gonna be overkill show of force - would be very stupid not to. I'd say be happy that people got actually to participate at all. This could have been another downtime news title or a badly written book.

It wasn't the earth shattering dream event everyone had hoped for, sure, but it was a lot better than we've received in past years.What I do think is that this should have been a treat for the Factional Warfare guys instead free for all.

Well, like I said, less annoyed by the fact that the outcome was predetermined than that they tried to claim it wasn't. Or that they announced it in advance at all, honestly. Like I said on Twitter, this doesn't make the world feel alive, it makes it feel contrived, which is not the goal the live events team has, I assume.

It would have been nice if it was more structured, but...yeah. CCP wants to do cool stuff but they don't really have the technical ability to do it yet. Why they thought they needed to go full speed ahead with this kind of stuff I don't know, since there's no urgent need to get rid of the titan that I can think of.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19