Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Federal member states retain control of their home systems, as seen exercised here?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Space marines! (split from CONCORD Capsuleer Datadump)  (Read 3636 times)

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
Re: Space marines! (split from CONCORD Capsuleer Datadump)
« Reply #15 on: 13 Sep 2010, 20:33 »

:lol: That was two years ago, and actually the time I found out how useless such stuff is.  :lol:

I wouldn't say useless. You made it very clear what sort of person you wanted to portray Laerise as by that action.

Typical though, for an EM to drag such stuff up again - it doesn't really prove my point wrong, so...  :|

Smile when you say that PIEman.  :D

A punch up between characters can be a decent bit of colour. But I'd say the details need to be worked out OOC first if it's to have any lasting consequences other than generating ill feeling (or being one of those overly macho bonding things).
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Raphael Saint

• I should really go back to mining
  • Wetgraver
    • Miner Inconvienences [Blog]
Re: Space marines! (split from CONCORD Capsuleer Datadump)
« Reply #16 on: 14 Sep 2010, 17:27 »

Saint has no superhuman abilities besides the ability to come back from the dead and to use implants.  His only hand-to-hand combat abilities are those honed in bar fights pre-capsuleerhood and having his ass kicked by Imperial Marines in said fights (that he now commands them as a member of the militia is a lol-point for me).  He has, however, had some unofficial sparring matches with subordinate Kameiras he had under him in order to better defend himself while out of pod (as I RP any time I'm not in space as him being out of pod) in the increasingly hostile world of the capsuleer.

I'm also not afraid most of the time to let him get his ass beat (he can be quite insufferable at times and the other party needs to have fun somehow  :lol:), which he almost had once unbeknownst to the other party (had they escalated the situation).  That RP did have a running OOC commentary (it was to be included in a story by a third party), though.

A fun example of such is that I learned that in previous RPs where Aldrith Shutaq had been present, he had been physically intimidated enough as to not interfere whenever he saw Saint get rough with someone else, but now that Aldrith has gone through Cyber Knight training, he no longer does.  And for the record, yes, with Aldrith's recent training and cybernetic implants, he could kick Saint's ass. :lol:

You can have a lot of fun with the more physically confrontational RPs if neither party has to "win" the RP to enjoy it.
Pages: 1 [2]