Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lai Dai megacorporation has far ranging interests, is one of the foremost research companies in the cluster, and has strong links to the Khanid Kingdom?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Situation of "The Summit" IC channel  (Read 8405 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Situation of "The Summit" IC channel
« on: 28 Jun 2010, 09:34 »

[15:28:48] xxAmelia Kondraki > Security is very lax here. For instance, I could simply infect a memetic kill agent into my avatar, and anyone looking at it would suffer irrepebale brain damage.
[15:28:55] Amelia Kondraki > Would you like me to show you?
[15:31:36] Amelia Kondraki > So if I turn my hand into a claw, and you can all see it as a claw, then I can just as easily turn it into a memetic agent. The effect is purely visual. you merely need to see it to be effected by it. It is not a hostile code.

In addition, somebody set up a "bomb" in the Summit. So I decided to lolgrief it.

[15:22:34] Seriphyn Inhonores > /emote appears and sits, yawning, "Somebody set up us the bomb?"
[15:23:11] Mouse Nell > /emote isolates the various relay functions within the databomb > We get signal.
[15:23:43] Seriphyn Inhonores > /emote looks to the databomb, "Main screen, turn on!" he coughs, "Turn on the main screen, I mean"
[15:24:03] Amelia Kondraki > /emote looks at her hands, willing them to turn into claws, then back to hands* Interesting isn't it?
[15:24:09] Seriphyn Inhonores > /emote looks to Amelia, "It's you!"
[15:24:48] Amelia Kondraki > Indeed Mr. Inhonores, it is me.
[15:25:12] Seriphyn Inhonores > What you say?
[15:25:59] Mouse Nell > /emote reaches into the center of the swirling datastreams and plucks out a single fractal of code. Mouse smiles as the diffused bomb melts into various constituent procols and answer lines. > all done. Harmless now.
[15:26:19] Seriphyn Inhonores > /emote holds up his fist in small victory, "For great justice"
[15:27:54] Aya Vore > a small message displays on the bomb's screen before powering off * > "You have no chance to survive make your time.... HA... Ha.... ha..... ...a..... ...."
[15:31:23] Kyle Kehrer > /emote appears, except in a combat grade Federation MTAC Siege Variant. The machine taking up a good portion of the room.

The Summit has seriously gone rapidly downhill since it was turned into a physical environment. Right now, I am trying to IC tell this person that you cannot threaten other characters via the Summit.

For all that is holy, can someone please who has op power change it back to how it was?

It really is dreadful.

EDIT

[15:35:46] Amelia Kondraki > /emote blinks her avatar, flashing it to a low grade memetic trigger, the swirling complex pattern of lines pull in the mind, drawing it down into the complex fractal, down deeper deeper, darker and darker, less thought, less fee--The image blinks away*
[15:36:21] Seriphyn Inhonores > /emote watches it. Nothing happens to him. Nor should anything happen to anyone else.
[15:36:47] Amelia Kondraki > ((uh yeah it should, stop being a bitch, it makes perfect sense))
[15:36:55] Seriphyn Inhonores > ((no. you are godmodding))
[15:37:31] Ld Disablez > ((ld disablez kills everyone in the room with his superpowers. See, you cannot do that))
[15:38:07] Amelia Kondraki > ((memetic kill agents are a proven tech in eve, everyone knows they exist, they work, its in the PF, which means a memetic agent would work, a memetic agent is just an image that fistfucks your brain, its hard to keep it out))
[15:38:42] Seriphyn Inhonores > ((No. How dare you, as a 2 hour old character, come in here, and godmod against someone who has been in this channel for 2 years))
[15:39:38] Amelia Kondraki > ((because your fat, also, there is no reason for it not to work, which means its godmodding on your part to make it not work))
[15:39:48] Kerrin Jem > ((He has a point... to control the actions of another character is the hight of role playing rudeness. Especially in such a way that abuses both the nature of this channel and the foundations of the game))
[15:39:48] Kerrin Jem > ((He has a point... to control the actions of another character is the hight of role playing rudeness. Especially in such a way that abuses both the nature of this channel and the foundations of the game))
[15:40:07] Aya Vore > ((Seri, I don't see you doing anything with the channel. Feel free to ban me. But it doesn't change the fact that people are in here, looking to have fun, and there's nothing to have fun about.))
[15:40:14] Kerrin Jem > ((Seriphyn has full right to decide whether or not your attack works... its your fault for trying it if it is so unreasonable))
[15:40:37] Ld Disablez > ((mmm shouldn't we talk this in ooc anyway...))
[15:40:40] Seriphyn Inhonores > ((okay, whoever is not in "OOC" chat channel, please join there now. the conversation will carry on there))
[15:40:42] Aya Vore > ((Seri wasn't on, nor was anyone else but a few people who wanted to have fun))
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2010, 09:42 by Seriphyn »

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
Re: Situation of "The Summit" IC channel
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2010, 09:39 »

But you didn't move every zig...

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2010, 10:21 »

You forgot to mention the person who planted the 'bomb' is also a majority shareholder in Carthum Conglomerate.  :D

I wish I was that awesome.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2010, 10:45 »

As I said elsewhere: The VR is not related to the problem.

The Cosmopolite

• Lord of Misrule
  • Wetgraver
    • eve-chatsubo OOC Forums
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2010, 11:10 »

It was politicized IC.

That act is now coming home to roost.

However, I do abhor the god-moding on display there. (For once an actual instance of something that truly is god-moding, rather than something that is not god-moding but for OOC argumentation is erroneously described as such, I might add.)

Cos
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2010, 11:14 by The Cosmopolite »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2010, 11:41 »

* Casiella goes about RPing through gameplay.

This reflects fairly well why so many people choose to avoid the Summit. Which does make me :( but I suppose that's how it has to be.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2010, 11:46 »

I'll return it to how it was, and emphasize the (somewhat) stricter rules that it has when I have an opportunity.

While I'm an OP there, Ashar chose to exercise his position IC as the one with a character as CEO of the corp that owns the channel. For the record, I didn't agree with the direction he took the channel, OOC, but it isn't my channel.

As Ashar seems to have gone afk again for a while, though, I will switch it back, pending his return. If anyone has objections to the switch back, feel free to voice them here.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jun 2010, 11:47 »

So the channel is IC owned by a particular corp?

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jun 2010, 11:49 »

'CRC Auxiliary'

It was set up by one of the old school Amarr guys - who I can't remember atm - and CEO of the corp was handed over to Ashar at some point when the Amarr guy decided to pass the channel on, from what I understand.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 28 Jun 2010, 11:50 »

I thought that went out with AURORA. My bad.

So, as raised during the recent anti-Sansha summit, it's not exactly an unbiased central meeting place. Do I have that right? Please correct if I've misunderstood. :)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #10 on: 28 Jun 2010, 11:51 »

My opinion is it is supposed to be, and I was there when it was actually created.

Ashar obviously felt differently. You'll have to ask him what his evidence for that is.

Edit: I always felt that the Summit's neutrality was one of it's strengths, in fact.
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2010, 11:53 by Silver Night »

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2010, 12:10 »

I will again stress the VR environment is not the problem.

The other stuff touched on can be problematic, but the VR environment isn't a problem.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #12 on: 28 Jun 2010, 12:36 »

I will again stress the VR environment is not the problem.

The other stuff touched on can be problematic, but the VR environment isn't a problem.

I think it's part of the problem. Not the whole problem, ofc, which is why I put in the bit about having the rules enforced too.

I think that some diversity in RP channels is good, and there are plenty of other VR environment ones.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 28 Jun 2010, 13:00 »

I don't disagree that diversity is good, however the Summit was a VR channel when it initially started, then shifted to a generic comms frequency, then back to VR, then back to comms over the years.

It didn't have problems before with it.

I don't feel that the VR is either a problem, the problem, or part of the problem.

I would suggest that lack of definition is the problem. I would be willing to wager that if we polled people on the Summit; in either its VR or comm frequency forms, and what they thought it was, was for, and how it was represented, we would have a rather large variety of answers.

That, in my opinion, is the source of the problem.

Everything else is just a symptom.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #14 on: 28 Jun 2010, 13:37 »

I don't understand "the Summit" anymore.  :ugh:
\o/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4